[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/. I didn't realize it until I was in college,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: family.jpg (100KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
family.jpg
100KB, 980x490px
Hello /adv/.

I didn't realize it until I was in college, but I had a very atypical upbringing. Are there any books I can read or things I can watch that describe "normal" families and "normal" childhoods?

I'm looking for basic, basic stuff. Stuff like "what is a mom" and "what is a dad", or "what was primary school like"? Things that normal people totally take for granted and don't even think about.
>>
Psycholohy 101 textbook.
>>
I must have gotten the wrong text book, but I'll check out some others.
>>
>>18203663
There's no such thing as normal
Everyone has their own version
>>
Of course, but there are some over arching themes, which is what I'm looking for. To take the examples I used in the starting post as an example, it didn't even occur to me that I had "a mom" or "a dad" until I was about 15.. I'm looking for the super basic stuff like how normal kids associate the title 'parent' with a specific person.
>>
>>18203663
Tell us your story anon. Can't speak for anyone else, but I'll listen.
>>
>>18203663
>>>/lit/
>>
I grew up in a collective, and am recently realizing how different it was for me. For example, pretty much everyone a lot older than me was either "mom" or "dad", and there were little kids who I helped raise who thought of me this way too who I helped raise. I knew how babies were made and all that, but it just never occurred to me as something important to know what specific pair of people I genetically came from. It just wasn't important.

We also didn't have Christmas or birthday parties or those things, or holidays where we gave presents to each other. I wasn't online in social media until recently, and at first it just felt like everyone was from a different planet.
>>
>>18203747
>I grew up in a collective, and am recently realizing how different it was for me. For example, pretty much everyone a lot older than me was either "mom" or "dad", and there were little kids who I helped raise who thought of me this way too who I helped raise. I knew how babies were made and all that, but it just never occurred to me as something important to know what specific pair of people I genetically came from. It just wasn't important.
That sounds like a much healthier way to raise kids than the majority of societies do it.

Either way, I don't have a ton of advice to offer you, but I actually know a guy who who was in a cult/commune type thing while he was growing up, and he transitioned into society pretty well, so he might be able to give you some recommendations on reading or activities or whatever.
>>
>>18203747
So you are from some religious sect or the gov already started eugenics projects to combat declining population?

Either way, if you werent abused, got good education and they taught you how to think critically for yourself and how to be independent, you havent missed much.

It all boils down to having mom, dad and optional siblings. In ideal world you are like super ultra friends with them all. Even if something horrible happens to you, your family is first one to help you.

But more often you dont really like some of them. Parents abusing neglecting their children damages them for decades to come. And there is the puberty, when you are supposted to rebel against anything parents tell you and in average dumb teens cant controll it and damage their future life by drugs, pregnancies, dropping school, but not everybody.

I cant imagine what it was like having puberty in your case when you even havent anybody to rebel against.

Google guides how to upbring children from young age.
>>
Another perfect example! Puberty!

Puberty was easy for me. I didn't really feel the need to rebel or anything like that. Things just progressed as they already were, and nothing really felt "different".

Also, I'm pretty sure I wasn't abused. I don't feel like I was abused. I don't think I was.
>>
>>18203773
>So you are from some religious sect or the gov already started eugenics projects to combat declining population?
Bloody hell man, do you understand what a collective is? Calm the fuck down there Alex Jones.
>>
>>18203794
>Also, I'm pretty sure I wasn't abused. I don't feel like I was abused. I don't think I was.
Did anyone have sex with you or touch your cock before you were in your teens? If yes, were they people your own age or older?
>>
>>18203794
>I didn't really feel the need to rebel or anything like that.
Nor did I and I grew up "Normal"

Look mate, you don't seem fucked up so maybe these commune shits did alright

Do you want to skin animals?
Do you give the benefit of the doubt if someone is being a shit?
Are you open to outside ideas?

Then you got what we all should have
>>
>>18203795
I am sorry for being curious, but i have never heard about such thing in real life. I have seen a lot of movies amd some books with conspiration motives where such things as collective upbringing of children were used.

And it was never in a good way.

So OP, do you even know where your biological parents are? Do you even have one? The latest news about eugenics i read we can make embryo from 1 person genetic material. But no confirmed baby carried to term.

Also who paid for your food? Did you have your own room? What were happening when some children were nasty? Punishment? Coercion? Who and how motivated you to obey rules? Were there rules? What did you do when you were sad? TV? From where did you obtain study material? What did you do when you dodnt understand at school or wanted help with homework? How did you solve being horny? Werent you sexing each other between older children?

Fuck so many questions. I dont want to scare OP away. Was it some long term psychological experiment?
>>
>>18203663
I spent age 13-19 at a commune too, but that might not mean much considering how much they can very between areas and groups. Why don't you just describe your typical day, describe what celebrations and festivals were like, how to the community approach sex, money and violence?
>>
>>18203824
Okay, yeah, some of the shit you see in movies is real. Some communes use sex, violence, drugs, whatever, to control people, do weird religious shit, etc, but the vast majority of them are just groups of people who got sick of the day to day grind of western society and decided to go live together out on a big farm in rural areas. Most of the communes I've been to other than the one I grew up on were perfectly pleasant places, with friendly, hospitable people.
>>
>>18203858
>commune
Omg i learned new english word today. Nice.

So enlighten me. Give me some link or something to some more know cummune so i can educate myself to what to do when i will eventually tire of classical nuclear family model of western world. (I am not trolling you, i just discovered something new. Wiki is not exactly helpful on this subject).

And op, any more info please?
>>
>>18203889
>Give me some link or something to some more
Just google [your country] + communes or collectives.

They come in all flavors, some religious, some political, some agricultural. Around here the most common type of commune is actually Amish villages (which I'm pretty sure count as communes). You're inevitably going to come across a lot of stories about how terrible they are, about the sick shit that happens, and yeah, there's some of that, but by and large they're very pleasant places to live. Generally the way to tell which is which is whether it was started by a single person (in which case it's probably a fucked up commune like mine where a few people hold power and suck in others through religion), or a group of friends (in which case it's usually much more friendly and egalitarian).
>>
for starters, you could try not being a dingus and you know, actually ask PEOPLE about their EXPERIENCES and try to find some sort of common ground based off a given sample size instead of relying on fictionalized versions of reality
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.