[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Focused on nothing but my academic success, future career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1491616258428.jpg (7KB, 335x150px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491616258428.jpg
7KB, 335x150px
>Focused on nothing but my academic success, future career and college throughout high school.
>Go home.
>Mother requests that I seek counseling due to me "not living the moment".

I don't see what she has to be all concerned about. I haven't done anything illegal or morally wrong.
>>
She just thinks you're not having fun, that's all.
>>
>>18203458
I dont see a problem. You will meet with somebody capable of finding out what might be wrong with you and even setting you on right path. It is like medical check up.

Be honest and dont lie. You might find out that you are different from social standards. You have 0 friends at school, am I right?

Do yourself favor and dont lie to the therapist so he can work as he is payed for.

Be glad your mommy is interested in your well being. Not everybody has such fortune in their lives.
>>
>>18203458
She's right you 8 year old shit

The point of being young is to fuck everyone and do all the drugs.
Once you have a career you never will again
>>
If you get the counselling free, then go for it. It's like seeing a chiropractor: it feels weird at first and maybe you have a few kinks that pretty much everyone has, but past that it's just relaxing and having a nice chat to release any stress built up from life.

Though, you seem more concerned on what counselling socially represents, not what it is. Most mental things don't get treated unless they interfere with everyday life. In her eyes it's ruining your potential to live a happy life and "live in the moment" but you think you are fine with what you've got really.
>>
>>18203458
>I haven't done anything illegal or morally wrong.
This is either bait or you're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>18203669
>>18203708
It's not counseling that I'm annoyed about. Its that for some reason, since I put more care towards my career than the small things in life, she finds that to ve a problem. I have friends, and I can talk to others without being awkward, but she still thinks that my lack of emotions is an issue.

>>18203706
Im actually 18 years old. Since I "take my life too seriously" (aka I don't want to fuck myself in the future), she seems more concerned than ever.

One time she even begged me to have a GF
>>
She's just worried her son is a total nerd.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.