[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I miss the boat on life? >be 30 >decide to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1314279226285.jpg (88KB, 405x378px) Image search: [Google]
1314279226285.jpg
88KB, 405x378px
Did I miss the boat on life?

>be 30
>decide to change careers
>won't be finished with law school until I'm 32
>live in a tiny ass studio apartment, no car, just enough money to get by
>recently single and see everyone my age well into their careers and lives

I want to move on from my lost relationship and stop hurting so much, but feel like a pariah. I have nothing to offer.

The next two years of my life will be lost to me, won't they? And even then, even at 30, my dating pool is... depressing. Let alone at 32..

Would love some positive insight, because I see none..
>>
>>18201405
Life on uni can be very fun. Just make sure you chat some dudes there and stick with them to gain social gains.

And remember, you sort of fucked your life, only you yourself can unfuck it.
>>
I just finished law school. One of my friends from law school is literally old enough to be my mother. Of course being 32 when you finish isn't going to be a hindrance.
>>
Same boat as you op

had close to no life before I turned 27 years old, low wave slave jobs, no skill to speak of, not a big social life

went for a master degree, will be finished when I'm 32, I'm 30 currently, only done with bachelor

I used to think this would be pure suffering but I enjoyed studying and learning the skills I needed for my dream career, and being surrounded by kids was fun in its own way, I tried to keep a positive outlook on things and to not focus on the feeling of alienation

Can't say my love life improved, but that's largely because I focused on studying a lot.

Overall now that I'm close to the end of it I feel a strong feeling of exhilaration and I can't wait to start my new life. I started gaining confidence in myself, taking care of myself better, and I'm starting to look into dating again.

Overall my advice is to not focus on your age or how old you feel. You're 30 years old, you're barely out of your teen years by society's standards nowadays. Just accept the fact that you'll be a bit older than the average at your job positions and focus on being good at what you do and good with yourself. There's no point in beating yourself over the head with your past mistakes or hesitations, focus on whats ahead of you.

You might feel like your best years are behind you but that's basically bullshit sold to you by marketers that aim for teenagers and young adults. You'll see that it only gets better from now on if you take things positively and work on yourself.

Good luck and don't give up, we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>18201405
I finished law school at aged 30, most of the people in my course were right around that age too.

You'll be fine career wise at least
>>
>>18201421
>>18201439
>>18201454
>>18201458
It just feels like, now that I'm single again, I can't do anything else but put my life on notice for two years. My worth on the dating market seems to have plummeted.

The clock suddenly feels like it's ticking, and it's absolutely distressing...
>>
>>18201473

The clock is absolutely not ticking. Two years is nothing compared to your entire life, and you'll only get stronger during those years.

Would you really care for a girl that wouldn't date you because you're two years older than what she's looking for ? Neither would I.

Also relax, your self worth shouldn't be this tightly tied to wether or not you're in a relationship right now. You're working on yourself, learning skills, getting better. Surely that counts for something to your general happiness and self worth, right ?

I know what it's like to be self conscious because you're still a student at your age but let me tell you this right now : nobody but you actually cares that much. Sure it has an impact on the way people see you, but you should be completely able to dispell whatever notion they have of you based on that fact by interacting with them and showing yourself as someone that's comfortable with themselves and capable.

tl;dr stop fucking worrying so much, it's REALLY not that big a deal
>>
>>18201484
I'm also OP of this
>>18198850

Nothing is going as planned anymore and everything is horrible right now, and I'm really struggling in grounding myself.

But thank you for your words. You are literally one of the few people who are talking to me right now. I really appreciate it, anon.
>>
28 here. My friends all either have long term gfs, fiancees, are married, or are married and have their first or second child

I'm still single and forever alone
>>
File: goose.jpg (6KB, 250x207px) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
6KB, 250x207px
Why yanks are so desperate to finish college and getting married berore reaching the 30's? Isn't the 30's the new 20's? Don't believe in old fashioned stereotypes. Times have changed and people these days believe in their careers and not about relationships. Real fags are those who have a bf/gf to let everyone knows that they're not homos or losers.

fun fact;quarterlife and midlife crisis are myths.
>>
>>18201589
>Isn't the 30's the new 20's?

Not really.
>>
>>18201596
explain
>>
>>18201596
Yes it is. 30s is when people can have the most fun in life. At 30 you can be single and really live it up however you want. You're still young while being able to afford things you couldn't in your 20s.

OP, enjoy life. This boars is full of teenagers who think 30 is old.
>>
>>18201612
Until you hit 40 and realize everyone has settled and together and you're still busy living your 20s. Alone.

Too old to be a father anymore.

And the women who are still single at 40 won't be the cream of the crop either. Other children will be involved. Ex-husbands. Baggage.

Exploring is over.

You settle or die alone.

So no. 30s is when people have most fun in life... when they're doing it with someone else.
>>
>>18201613
Teenagers really should stop pretending they know what life is like in your 30s. The dating scene in your 30s is actually great if you don't live in the boondocks.
>>
>>18201612
Your 20s are the time you carry least the amount of baggage and have the same sort of social immunity as a teen to be a complete idiot and have it brushed off.

>>18201613
There's a guy I vaguely knew, late 30s-early 40s, everyone described him as a party animal and fun to hang with, dude apparently was straight his entire life up to his 30s when he let loose and began the party life of drink, drugs and girls.

But there's always a melancholic tone when people talk about him.

>inb4 they're jealous of him

Maybe, but it's a wide range of people from their 20s to 40s and different races that all have the same weirdly melancholic tone.
>>
>>18201637
The grass is always greener. I'm a single guy in his 30s and enjoying life doing basically whatever the fuck I want. I do sometimes envy my friends who are married and with kids. But they for sure sometimes also envy my life, not being bound by obligations of being home, going wherever I want and spending my money however I want, without needing to ask anyone.
>>
>>18201405
All the unresolved threads of this nature and my magic eightball says yes.
>>
>>18201405

you need to stop whining nad put it into perspective.

imagine you showed up late and theres only about half the food left. do you really want to just skip eating altogether, or just enjoy what you can get on your plate
>>
>>18201405
>miss the boat
>finishing law school at 32

Bro you are 2 hours early for the boat. I have a friend in his 40s just wrapping up law school. One of my dad's friends didn't finish law school until his 50s (he was a weed grower for years before that)
>>
You said you "missed the boat" but ask yourself where the boat is heading...
>>
File: delete this.png (2KB, 314x181px) Image search: [Google]
delete this.png
2KB, 314x181px
>wont be finished law school until I'm 32
>did I miss the boat on life

no. the 50 year old alcoholic with a landscaping job might even have a decent life. you're 32 and going to law school..
>>
Why is everyone so concerned with age
After the point where you start living on your own and don't get wrinkles and grey hair, there is not much physical difference between 25 and 40 if the person led the healthy lifestyle
>>
>>18201405
you got a road ahead of you that's for sure
>>
>>18202824
Because when you're 40, so will the women be.

Imagine the baggage and missed opportunities on that one.
>>
>>18202873
There's no rule that you have to do things in a certain order. There's nothing stopping him from dating right now just like there's nothing stopping him for doing anything else right now.
>>
>>18202873
So what
As a man I can marry women of any age I like
As long as I am fit...
>>
>>18202873
>implying a 40 year old can't date a 25 year old

t. 38 year old dating a 23 year old
>>
>>18202897
that'll end

then you're what, 42. What then. Try again and end up as a single 46 year old? Then you might not get someone young again
>>
File: omg!.jpg (6KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
omg!.jpg
6KB, 250x141px
>>18202897
Goddammit! I'd rather waste myself drinking a whole pack of Yuengling instead of reaching midlife crisis.
>>
Go for younger girls, op. The newer models are always hotter. By the time you're done, you would be banging some of the best girls you ever meet, if you're not already.
>>
Man, who still gives a shit about dating in 2017? It's unfathomable.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.