[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My sister might be facing 8 years in prison for being the driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1461788197347.png (16KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
1461788197347.png
16KB, 174x231px
My sister might be facing 8 years in prison for being the driver of a drug filled car she said she didn't know had drugs. Here's what happened
>sister said she got asked by her friend she knew for like a month to go to Mississippi from cali.
>she would get paid for the gas money and then some for helping her out
>she agrees to it
>she gets to new mexico
>cops find the drugs that her friend was hiding
>sister says that her friend said that she was the shot caller in all of this
>goes to jail for about 2 days
>comes back to cali
>has to go to court in new mexico for the drug possession
>sister says that the lawyer in new mexico wont do the case since she doesnt live in new mexico
>lawyer asks for 10k(2.5k down payment) for him to close the case and have her guarantee her freedom, if not then she will go to jail for not having a lawyer to defend her when the court event happens.
I honestly find this whole situation messy

>family knew of her plan of going that fucking far and tell her not to go
>she does so anyways
>she feels as if she WILL go to jail after the family and I tell her she will be innocent
>lawyer giving pressure to "guarantee her freedom"
This is honestly the first time I dealt with this kind of situation. Right now my parents are asking me to pitch in but hearing all of this makes me feel like I shouldn't because I really do feel like she has nothing to worry about, but then again I don't know how the whole lawyer and court shit works and my mother pressuring me is not helping. So what should I do?
>>
>>18201026
I mean you can get a second opinion. Its not an unlikely scenario for drug dealers to ask others to deliver their drugs. Its there a free attorney mandated by law as well?
>>
>>18201026
Get a public defender and try to get her into a first time offender diversion program.
>>
Tell her to ditch this lawyer and get a proper one. There is no way he can 'guarantee her freedom' with any amount of money, she's just going to be scammed
>>
>>18201048
Don't they offer one to you
>>
>>18201026
If you believe your sister's story I have some seashore land in Arizona to sell you cheap.
>>
>>18201026
>lawyer asks for 10k(2.5k down payment) for him to close the case and have her guarantee her freedom, if not then she will go to jail for not having a lawyer to defend her when the court event happens.

Well this is just blatantly untrue.
>>
>>18201062
>>18201207
okay, so ditch him for a new one. Got it!
>>18201038
I don't really know since this is my first time getting into this kind of situation. `I've not asked anything yet but I will as soon as I can talk to my sister and mother.
>>
>>18201026
Fucking good. Druggies deserve jail time and to have their lives ruined. Good riddance to your sister, anon
>>
>>18202212
You should just stay out of it and force her to handle her own business. She wanted to play big girl so now her chance to put on her big girl pants.
>>
>>18202222
So if you were in her shoes, accused of delivering drugs when you had no idea you were doing so.
Would you willingly go to jail because you were helping out a 'druggie'?
>>
lol America

In my country you get 12 years for murder and you only need to serve 8
loool
>>
>>18201026
Can I have the car?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.