[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Like a girl >She's a baptist >I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 14

File: scared.jpg (61KB, 540x511px)
scared.jpg
61KB, 540x511px
>Like a girl
>She's a baptist
>I'm a Catholic

What do?
>>
>>18200961
What is this, 1955? Who gives a fuck!
>>
>>18200961
How serious are both of you about your denominations?
I'm a pretty devout Catholic and there's no way I could hold a long term relationship with a baptist. Way too much ideological conflict and opportunity for future problems.
>>
The only thing you can do. Realise there's no god and that religion isn't rational. Be atheists together.
>>
>>18201047
Fuckin' nice man, upboated
le narwhal bacons amirite?
>>
>>18200961
Love knows no boundaries.
>>
>>18200961
You're both Christian, focus on that.
>>
>>18200961
>Like a Baptist
>She's a girl
>I'm a boy
>What do?

There's surely many other differences between you. Just try it out and solve your differences with talking like any sane couple. Or if there comes a time you can't break up. I bet you still wouldn't regret it happened.
>>
>>18201085
Love knows plenty of boundaries. And it can't get over most of them.
>>
>>18200961

Convert her.
>>
File: 1282771684576.jpg (64KB, 600x750px)
1282771684576.jpg
64KB, 600x750px
>>18201047
>religion isn't rational
>t. brainlet
>>
>both drop faith
>Fuck like rabbits even before marriage
>???
>Profit.
>>
>>18200961
I'm (nominally) Catholic but if your religion is keeping you from starting a relationship with a cute girl who's a good person and probably shares MOST of your values and beliefs then your religion needs to give a little bit. I'm not saying being a Christian should always be easy but your faith shouldn't make you unhappy. There is such a thing as being too restrictive.

Seriously, does anything good come of not going for it? What do you possibly have to lose? It's not like she's going to convert you, and the Church doesn't forbid this kind of thing. I mean, they specifically provide instruction to non-Catholics marrying Catholic spouses (which I believe is still technically a requirement if you want to have a Catholic wedding -- receiving instruction -- though it's laxly enforced). The point is that situations like this are common and not scandalous.

If you end up dating seriously and problems present themselves (i.e. you can't agree on how to raise/baptize your future kids) you can deal with those problems when you come to them. It's stupid to stress about that stuff before you've even asked her out.

(The right answer in re: kids, by the way, is to expose them to both and let them make up their own minds when they're old enough.)
>>
>>18201363
>your faith shouldn't make you unhappy.

What sort of fucking Catholic are you?
>>
>>18201380
A shitty one, but fortunately you don't have to be a shitty Catholic like me to be happy.
>>
>>18201318
How?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 192x166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 192x166px
>>18200961
>being a papist
>>
>>18201047
There's just as many intelligent arguments for religion as their are against religion. And even so, religion is nessacery for society regardless of what we think is correct because religion answers certain questions easier than non-theistic views.
In short, please don't make blind accusations.
>>
>>18200961
Call the inquisition
>>
>>18201363

Aren't the Catholics currently in communion with the Lutherans? What if you both gave a little and dropped to Lutheranism?

Since you are both Christians, there is opportunity for growth here. You could explore the Christian faith with an open mind and see if, perhaps, there is a denomination (not necessarily Catholic or Baptist) that you both mutually agree with more than your current ones.
>>
>>18202273
Easy/wrong answers. Why take the easy way and stack up a bunch of bullshit on your world view?
>>
This is fucking retarded

>waahh my belief in a magical sky daddy means I can't be with this girl because she believes in the same magical sky daddy in a slightly different way
Fucking pathetic why do you people even breathe?

>>18202497
>le shopping for a new religion maymay
that shit's even worse. It's one thing to believe in something that is clearly irrational and stupid, but it's another thing to have a belief that is so flimsy you can literally change course on a dime.

Religion must be purged.
>>
>>18202273
>religion is necessary because religion is necessary because religion is necessary because religion is necessary because religion is necessary

What an argument. Religion doesn't answer anything, it's faith. That's fine if you subscribe to that, but don't say it answers anything.
>>
>>18202571

shopping for a new denomination**

There's a difference between changing denominations and changing religions. Both Catholics and Baptists are Christians. The discrepancy is between which claims to be the best form of Christianity.
>>
File: 1290034114773.jpg (31KB, 400x250px)
1290034114773.jpg
31KB, 400x250px
>>18202571
>i called god a funny name, isn't the very idea so stupid
>i called religion irrational and stupid, aren't i making such brilliant arguments
>lets purge what i don't like, cauze i don't like it so of course it needs to be purged

Internet atheists are the worst cult.
>>
>>18200961
You know what you have to do, OP. Just call them.
>>
>>18202614
I hope you understand that, internally, all of us Atheists are either laughing at or mortified by you delusional religious idiots every time we hear or see you saying your stupid bullshit. Sometimes I even pity you. I don't know, my dude. I couldn't lie to myself like that. But, hey, you do you, I guess. Just don't expect us to bend over backwards for all of your demands, and don't expect us not to fight you in politics when you try to mix your stupid bullshit in with it.
>>
>>18202629
I am saying this as a very convinced and happy atheist.
You are a fucking idiot and you shouldn't speak in the name of "all of us atheists", because a lot of atheists would be ashamed to be associated with you.

Some people have faith, some others don't. Having faith or not doesn't define how smart you are or your moral qualities.
There are plenty of amazingly smart, socially progressive, kind religious people and you don't have any reason to pity them or be mortified.
You should learn to respect others and their faith.

He's right, internet atheists like you are worse than a cult.
Just shut the fuck up and stop thinking that the only way to be right is to agree with you.
>>
>>18202629

People with genuine faith most likely will not care what you or other disbelievers think about them. They don't believe as they do in order to earn your admiration or respect.

Have you ever considered that, perhaps, you don't have enough information to make a determination that a person must lie to themselves in order to believe? It may be that you personally would have to lie, but you don't have access to the experiences of others in a manner in which you could say definitively how a person has come to believe.

As for the politics, why be so specific as to religion? From the manner in which you speak, I would guess that you would fight any "bullshit" somebody throws in, where "bullshit" is defined broadly as anything with which you can't agree or relate.
>>
File: 1461465166385.jpg (25KB, 377x364px) Image search: [Google]
1461465166385.jpg
25KB, 377x364px
>>18202653
Hello enabler. When are you gonna grow a pair?
>>
>>18202497
>Aren't the Catholics currently in communion with the Lutherans

No.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheran%E2%80%93Roman_Catholic_dialogue

>if, perhaps, there is a denomination (not necessarily Catholic or Baptist) that you both mutually agree with more than your current ones.

That's such a protestant perspective. The Catholic (and Orthodox) perspective is what idea is the truth. What did Jesus teach; how did Jesus's chosen apostles understand it and teach it; and how the apostles' students (the early church and church fathers) understand it and teach it. What you like/want takes a backseat in the matter.
>>
>>18202629
>I hope you understand that, internally, all of us Atheists

Oh, when did you get elected pope of atheism?

>are either laughing at or mortified by you delusional religious idiots every time we hear or see you saying your stupid bullshit. Sometimes I even pity you. I don't know, my dude. I couldn't lie to myself like that.
Translation: "We're going to shame you if you don't join us. You don't want to be shamed do you?"

I hope you don't think that's an argument for atheism.

>and don't expect us not to fight you in politics when you try to mix your stupid bullshit in with it

Heaven forbid people bring their morality into politics. So terrible.
>>
>>18202685

>protestant perspective

In a way, yes, you are definitely correct. Especially with regard to the Roman Catholic church which asserts itself as the arbiter of the "correct" Christian doctrine, it is an entirely protestant view to believe perhaps said doctrine is limited.

But, also as somebody who was raised protestant, I do believe the things you mention to be extraordinarily important; when I say 'agree,' I largely mean 'agree' inasmuch as agreeing on the important things (such as the teachings of Christ and the legitimate succession of those teachings). This has nothing to do with what you want and like as much as it does with prodding to find what the truth is.

Interestingly, though, what I stated was influenced by my own prodding which has led me to believe that the greatest share of truth is found in the Orthodox church. One thing they teach and with which I agree whole-heartedly, however, is that neither the truth of the tradition and the Truth of Christ are things which may be found by having people say, "You must believe this. It is wrong for you to consider these topics further." It is better for somebody to genuinely follow the path to complete truth than have somebody arbitrate to them what the complete truth is. I personally find that there is no better way to feel for that path than to listen to the words of God when he says, "Come now, and let us reason together."
>>
>>18202575
>Religion doesn't answer anything

It answers questions of metaphysics.

>it's faith

So is history as you can independently verify it and must take others' words on faith.
>>
>I'm one mainstream Christian sect
>she's another mainstream Christian sect
who fucking cares. are you going to like physically abuse her because she's not into the pope? From what I've seen catholics and Baptists are both cool people.
>>
>>18202671
>enabler
not the guy you're talking to, but implying that you should disallow people from having certain religious beliefs makes you a shitty child and a wannabe tyrant. also I would put acid in your food so that you unbecome an atheist. trusting your own senses and perceptions is fucking plebian.
>>
People who aren't religious have no perspective upon which to base any advice they give here.
All of you clearly have no understanding of the implications of this difference, and it's also painfully clear that most of you have no grasp of theology or history.
>>
>>18202794
>>18202934
cmon man it's like middle school history

I just don't think it should divide people. Lots of Christians I know believe that, except the ones who are legitimate major cunts I'd rather be gone.
>>
>>18202943
>cmon man it's like middle school history
Yes it is, and that's why it's so shocking no one seems to remember any of it
>I just don't think it should divide people. Lots of Christians I know believe that, except the ones who are legitimate major cunts I'd rather be gone.
You literally don't know what you're saying
Based off >>18202794
this post alone you have no conception about what the concern would even be in this kind of situation
>>
>>18202952
>you have no conception
if you say so

i'm not gonna sit here and rehash grade school history because you don't believe I grasp it

I just don't know how much division you're for. How many historical contexts are you going to not a date a person on?

fuckin take a piss
>>
>>18201363
pretty sure you're a heretic if you dont baptize your kids op. have fun burning in hell
>>
File: smug.jpg (9KB, 135x126px)
smug.jpg
9KB, 135x126px
>>18202629
>muh atheist politics
what, are you gonna tell everyone how we should've voted for bernie sanders and need to fund free tranny pills?
>>
>>18202976
>fuckin take a piss
What the fuck
>>
>>18203031
He obviously wants you to pee on him
>>
>>18203031
>>18203112
oh sweet you're 12

>>18203023
oh sweet you're 13
>>
>>18202273
replace religion with "philosophy and ethics"
and "non-theistic" with "superstitious"

and then you'll have a sound argument
>>
AGNOSTIC MASTER RACE REPORTING IN!!!

atheism and theism alike can suck our metaphysical dicks, that may or may not exist!
>>
>>18203126
Not that guy but "fuckin take a piss" doesn't mean anything. It's not an insult, it's just ... what?

Sounds like you're trying and failing to sound British.
>>
>>18200961
If you fuck her hard enough, she'll convert.
>>
File: St Andrew.png (594KB, 848x1472px) Image search: [Google]
St Andrew.png
594KB, 848x1472px
>>18202143
>How?

Encourage her to learn about early Christian history together with you.
>>
>>18200961
Sounds like the only way you two can be happy together is if both of you drop your religions, and love each other

And if your religion isn't making you happy
what use is it?
>>
>>18200961
>Religion in the 21st century
You will get the rake
>>
File: IMG_20170406_104951.jpg (205KB, 1302x1134px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_104951.jpg
205KB, 1302x1134px
Congratulations, you can both be degenerate Jews together. None of that shit matters you worship Adonai
>>
The only thing you can do. Realise that the demiurge must be resisted and that servitude isn't rational. Be gnostics together.
>>
>>18200961
What's the difference?
>>
>>18204534
>thinks religion is wish fulfillment

kek
>>
ahem... ^Protestant...
>>
>>18204619
>if you're good you go to heaven where all your dreams come true and you get everything you want and nothing you dislike will be allowed
>this is apparently not wish fulfillment
>>
>>18204887
>implying all religion is Christianity
>implying Judaism had a concept of heaven
>>
>>18205599
>implying religion wasn't just a safety blanket for early man to avoid questioning his place in the world
>implying implications implicate implicitly
>>
>>18205845

>implying you have any clue what you're talking about
>>
File: english is for nerds.jpg (27KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
english is for nerds.jpg
27KB, 564x564px
>>18205859
implying implications implicate implicitly

literally translates to

strongly suggesting that conclusions can be conveyed without directly stating a truth

which paraphrase into

suggesting our own assumptions are not based on either inferred knowledge or concrete knowledge and relies heavily on the others competentance in regards to their own lack of inferred knowledge and concrete knowledge

to put it simply, it's the scholarly version of mamihlapinatapai, where neither of us wants to the other to actually be right, but won't take the first step in actually starting an intellectual debate

probably because we're just 2 people not invested enough to really go further, as it might actually be a waste of time for both of us

also
>implying you truly understand English
>>
>>18206515
>trying this hard
>>
Ask if she wants to worship some idols with you on sunday
>>
Ask if she has any young male relatives you and your priests can rape papist.
>>
File: 1415324078246.jpg (117KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1415324078246.jpg
117KB, 640x640px
>>18206732
>Catholic and Christian priests rape children at the same rate
>Which is half that of the general population

Way to fall for media hysteria.
>>
>>18200961
religion plays a factor?
>>
>>18200961
You are fudged. I grew up baptist. I struggled with my faith, and came back to Christianity, the only thing that never changed was my distrust and dislike if not a reserved hatred toward catholics.
>>
>>18207011
papist priests do it at work and their bosses know and approve. them and football coaches are the only people on earth who make a living raping children.
>>
you're an old world pagan and she's a follower of christ.
>>
File: What do you have there.jpg (131KB, 600x1606px) Image search: [Google]
What do you have there.jpg
131KB, 600x1606px
>>18201047
Haha
Wait is he serious?
>>
>>18206693
>being too afraid, to try at all
who destroyed your passion for whimsy?
>>
>>18200961
DEUS VULT her
>>
>>18207195
>them and football coaches are the only people on earth who make a living raping children.

What about Shillary?
>>
>>18201047
Or embrace the rabbit hole together and join the Scientology freaks. If you are going to do religion, might as well go all out, and not pussy around with lesser gods.
>>
File: 1465149225266.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465149225266.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>18202151
>>
Become an atheist an murder her entire family
>>
>>18200961

Who cares. They're the same if you aren't dumb zealots. And if you want to discuss the issue you'll find that religion is much better as a pesonalized experience.
>>
>>18209369
>They're the same
>religion is much better as a pesonalized experience

No and no.
>>
>>18200961
there like the same thing
who cares
>>
>>18207011
Bu-but muh spotlight
>>
>>18204570
This
>>
>>18202497
>>18202497
>openly advocating apostasy and heresy
Get behind me, Satan! And get a load of this faggot
>>
>>18202671
>a fucking anime pic
beta as fuck
>>
>>18206515
She told him that she loonlyved him.
>>
What's the difference between catholic and baptist
>>
>>18210555
There's not. They're both degenerate. See >>18204570
>>
>>18210555
>Baptists are individuals who comprise a group of Evangelical Christian denominations and churches that subscribe to a doctrine that baptism should be performed only for professing believers (believer's baptism, as opposed to infant baptism), and that it must be done by complete immersion (as opposed to affusion or sprinkling). Other tenets of Baptist churches include soul competency (liberty), salvation through faith alone, Scripture alone as the rule of faith and practice, and the autonomy of the local congregation. Baptists recognize two ministerial offices, elders and deacons. Baptist churches are widely considered to be Protestant churches
>Baptists do not believe that baptism is necessary for salvation. Therefore, they do not consider it to be a sacrament, since it imparts no saving grace.

>Prior to the 20th century, Baptist historians generally wrote from the perspective that Baptists had existed since the time of Christ.[20] Proponents of the Baptist successionist or perpetuity view consider the Baptist movement to have existed independently from Roman Catholicism and prior to the Protestant Reformation.[21]
>The perpetuity view is often identified with The Trail of Blood, a booklet of five lectures by J.M. Carrol published in 1931.[21] Other Baptist writers who advocate the successionist theory of Baptist origins are John T. Christian, Thomas Crosby, G. H. Orchard, J. M. Cramp, William Cathcart, Adam Taylor and D. B. Ray[21][22] This view was also held by English Baptist preacher, Charles Spurgeon[23] as well as Jesse Mercer, the namesake of Mercer University.[24][original research?]
>Since the end of the 19th century, however, the theory has increasingly come under attack and today has been largely discredited.[5] Nonetheless, the view continued to be the prevailing view among Baptists of the Southern United States into the latter 20th century.[6]
>>
>>18200961
Become a Lutheran and convert her. This is your only option.
>>
File: 1444229418910.png (941KB, 681x866px)
1444229418910.png
941KB, 681x866px
>>18211979
Ackmed plz.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.