[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can't shake the feeling that it's possible to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1483898778961.png (180KB, 332x346px) Image search: [Google]
1483898778961.png
180KB, 332x346px
>Can't shake the feeling that it's possible to be happy in the horrible world around me
>Can't shake the feeling that it's up to me to alter myself to accommodate this reality

Does anyone else feel the same way?
I love the way I am, and I feel it's tragic that I must change.

I'm currently 20 years old, and I've never had a girlfriend.

I don't believe it's a matter of intelligence that I've never had one. It's due to a sick personality. The thing that hurts me the most is the total ignorance I've got in my brain as to what a girlfriend really feels like. I've nothing to go off of. There's no information a stranger can supply me with that can replace learning for myself.

I've no connection to this world outside of my computer monitor. Does anyone know how to change that?

I feel that it'll take a great deal of personal pain to instigate any real change in my brain. Life is ok, but I'm aware it could be better.
>>
>>18199890
>Does anyone else feel the same way?
It's called being depressed.

>I'm currently 20 years old, and I've never had a girlfriend.
And? You're only, what about 5 years into the game, and you have another 20 before you get out. So you're a bit behind, it's not the end of the world.

>Does anyone know how to change that?
Go outside. Seriously, no snark, go for a walk. Right now. Get up and go do it. Right now. Your first urge is going to be to wait, to check for other responses, to type a response to this, to check twitter or youtube, but don't. Go for a walk. Right now. Go. There's no magic bullet here anon, you just have to change your life. I'm in the process of kicking the internet monkey right now, and the best way is to get other interest outside of the computer. For me, that was martial arts and fitness. For you, it could be any number of things. It's all up to you, just something that will get you out of the house. '

>I feel that it'll take a great deal of personal pain to instigate any real change in my brain.
Yeah, there's always going to be some of that in a time of change, but it'll also feel good as you start to meet more people, try new things, etc.

But seriously, go take a walk. Just a small effort like that can help you kick out of a rut.
>>
>>18199929
I think people are too quick to brand things depression, but I think you've handed me good advice.

This may sound extreme, but I've never been out on a walk before.

I suppose that's all the more reason to go and take one.
>>
>>18199983
>I think people are too quick to brand things depression
Sorry, I meant that more as general, bastardized "you're always unhappy" depressed, not clinically depressed.

>I suppose that's all the more reason to go and take one.
DO IT

RIGHT NOW

Don't let yourself rationalize it as something you'll do later, don't wait to see how this thread goes, just put on your shoes and walk out that door. Go for a lap around the block, and while you do it, watch things. Look at the local plants, look at the sky, look at the people, don't just stare at the ground.
>>
>>18199989
I feel like there's too much activity going around. I never leave my house, so people will notice me on the streets.

I intend to don a white T-shirt and go out at 2 am tonight. Once I do that, I think I'll work my way up to walking outside during the day.
>>
>>18199993
NO, go outside right. Now. If you tell yourself you'll go it later, you won't. That first step is going to be uncomfortable, it always is, but you have to take it. Go outside right now.
>>
>>18199998
I always follow through on what I say I will do.

I will go outside tonight at 1:00 AM
>>
>>18199998
I can already feel myself getting excited.
>>
>>18200005
No, go right now. If you're more uncomfortable with it right now, that's even better, because you're walking even further away from your comfort zone.
>>
The reason I'm pushing this "do it now" thing is because I spent about a decade with the "I'll improve my life later," mentality, and I didn't get anywhere until I told myself, "I'll improve my life right god damn now."
>>
I'm in the same position OP, except I'm six years older. I used to be content with my life until recently. It suddenly dawned on me that I've been spending most of my life in front my computer and I'm nearing my thirties as a lonely virgin, and I felt an instance pants-shitting horror. What I've been doing is thinking of 'excuses' to go outside more. It's not like I don't enjoy being outside - I just usually don't have any 'reason' to, since I feel relatively good behind my computer. It's probably a good idea to find a hobby or something you enjoy that you can do with other people. Like join a club or go to a fitness centre or something.

Most likely you don't want to delay or wait for the 'right moment', since nothing will ever happen when you're holed up in your room. We probably have to step out of our comfort zones and force ourselves to interact with other people.
>>
>>18200019
I feel we're both a product of a strange, unprecedented advent in technology.

There will soon be more people like us in this world just from the coming generation.

It's not pain, but it's ok.

I hope to someday gain control of my existence. I don't know if I've got that in my mind though. A fundamental aspect of that is desire.
>>
>>18200028
>I hope to someday gain control of my existence.
You don't gain control, you take it. As I've said, nothing will ever happen when you're holed up. And the longer you wait the more difficult it becomes, since people around your age will start getting married/occupied with their own lives, and women's fertility will start to expire after their thirties.

Well, you're only 20 so time is still on your side, so use that time wisely to experiment, make mistakes and try out alot of stuff.
>>
>>18200028
>There will soon be more people like us in this world just from the coming generation.
I really think this is just a weakness that society hasn't yet accounted for, a risk from advancing technology that we haven't learned from yet. There's no viability in having a large population of people just sitting in their rooms, so eventually, society WILL find a way to reduce that.
>>
>>18199929
So I'm 12 years into the game with 13 to go, virgin etc.

That means I'm super behind.
>>
>>18200140
Yeah, but you can still pull through. One of my best friends didn't date anyone till he was 32, mostly because he was a really weird motherfucker (6'9" tall, 150 lbs, always wore a suit, ran everywhere, TALKED A JUST A BIT TOO LOUD ALWAYS, etc) but when he was in his 30's he met a certifiable qt, and they got hitched a few years later. If Vlad can get a girl, you can get a girl.
>>
>>18200152
>If Vlad can get a girl, you can get a girl.
This. Look around on a festival or crowded street and be amazed at how many weird, fat and/or ugly, fuckers managed to get decent to hot girls.
>>
>>18200184
Conventions and festivals are great for picking up chicks. There's a strong social atmosphere, so girls who would tell you to fuck off anywhere else will just smile and introduce yourself.

There's something I've tried at (almost) every single convention, concert, or convention I've ever been to, where I'll just pick out a group of people who seem to be together, and I'll just walk up, introduce myself, and tell them (usually dishonestly) that I'm here alone, and ask if they want someone extra to chill with. 90% of the time they say yes. about 75% of the time they actually mean it.

That kind of big group festival is *great* for experimenting socially or getting outside your comfort zone, because most of those people you'll never see again if you don't want to.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.