[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got fined $245 for littering, thing is I don't think I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1490400771461.jpg (61KB, 315x320px) Image search: [Google]
1490400771461.jpg
61KB, 315x320px
I got fined $245 for littering, thing is I don't think I did.
I was walking with some friends smoking a cigarette, then I put out the butt on a bin/ashtray.

So this guy comes up to me, not even in uniform but a navy polo and he says he's with the council and demands to see my ID, I say no and he threatens to double the fine.

I'm like "I'm getting a fine? Why?"

Then he started to gaslight me asking if I had a "reasonable" excuse. I said no unaware I was admitting to something and honestly just wanted him to stop talking to me.

He then asks me three times if I was born in the country (I was) and started talking to me like I was an idiot. I said it seemed harsh and asked me for a waening but he just said "Dispute it if you want mate, waste your time"

What the fuck do? This is a lot of money to pay for something I didn't do.

I already filed a dispute saying I felt victimised, but I really don't know what to do here.
>>
How the fuck do they know who you are if you refused to show ID?
>>
>>18199838
>this story is not bias, I swear anons.
>you have to agree with me.
Sounds like you are guilty mate.
>>
>>18199838
They intimidated me into showing it, at this point I was caught off guard and had no idea what was going on. I thought an actual crime had happened.
>>
Sounds like you got scammed mate. Did you just give some random guy in a polo $245 after he said he was going to fine you and not telling you why?

Is this b8?
>>
>>18199857
What? No. On closer inspection he had a tint, tiny council logo on his polo and then he printed out a gay little ticket with instructions on how to pay on the back.

I'm not paying shit. I'd rather die.
>>
>>18199894
you don't have to pay shit unless it's a lawful order, he'd better have a police officer come and say you have to pay along with legal documentation proving you owe them what they claim

remember you don't have to obey if they can't enforce it.
>>
>>18199894
What council? Do they have actual jurisdiction?
>>
kek what fucking country is this? Assuming not America
>>
>>18200712
Ausfag.
>>18200586
totally I am not paying that shit.
>>18200667
Brisbane city council
>>
>>18200790
>Brisbane city council
Then that might actually mean something. In America you might be able to get out of it, but no idea how your legal system works.
>>
>>18199802
the real question here is why didn't you just run?
>>
>>18200888
because they made it sound like they needed my help with something, I assumed (Like an idiot) that they were trying to help someone/needed a witness.

Never helping the police or anyone ever again.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.