[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't decide if fun or my health is more important.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mdb0asjjOH1qdvjuho1_1280.jpg (98KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdb0asjjOH1qdvjuho1_1280.jpg
98KB, 612x612px
I can't decide if fun or my health is more important.

I stopped drinking and nothing in my life seems fun. I keep trying other hobbies and they're not as satisfying as going out to the bar, bantering with friends, hitting on girls, and just enjoying a good party. I'm trying my best to be good, but what good is it for me prolong my life if I'm getting no enjoyment out of it? Should I just say fuck it and go back to drinking? I don't want to live that long anyways.
>>
you can go to bars, banter with friends and hit on girls without drinking...
>>
>>18199366
He obviously can't

>>18199353
Just drink beer instead
Life really is too short
>>
Alcohol doesn't make your life more fun; it just fastforwards you to the mortician.

If you want more fun then do more stuff. Good luck doing more stuff with a belly full of booze.
>>
>>18199366

Not really. Bartenders get pissy if you sit at a bar and order diet coke for four hours because they're making no money. Plus it's kind of fucking boring and your friends give you shit for not drinking, which is a problem if you actually want to.

>>18199383
Already said in the thread, I'm trying hobbies and none of them are fun at all. Booze makes everything more enjoyable. I can do plenty of things with a belly full of booze.

I won't argue with you about it fastforwarding you to the mortician though, that's true. My dad and grandfather and great grandfather were all alcoholics.
>>
>>18199401
no they don't. you just think they do. they know full well that nowadays someone in a group is the designated driver. stop with the lame excuses. if your friends actually have a problem with it, you have piss poor friends and need a new social circle. it's not a good sign if you can only have fun with someone when you're both drunk.
>>
>>18199410
Yes they do, especially if you come into the bar all of the time and never have a fucking drink. I know tons of bartenders, and I know how they bitch all the time about the guy who sits down and drinks nothing but Coke and fills up one of their barstools. No one is going to give you shit if it's a one-stop in at a bar, or you're all at a table of drinkers, but if that's a regular that NEVER drinks, they are losing money at that spot and will get mad.

No one has a full problem with it, but you're still dragging them down by not getting into it and not drinking with everyone. Like it or not, the constantly sober guy is more awkward and quiet and reserved than everyone having a few beers.

I can have fun with someone when not drunk, but it's hard to come up with long-term entertaining things, and the most fun activities involve drinking.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.