[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, how can I get a job? I applied online at a bunch of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1490118829159.png (1MB, 890x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1490118829159.png
1MB, 890x1275px
Hey /adv/, how can I get a job? I applied online at a bunch of fast food places but I didn't get any responses. No car so I'm afraid it'll have to be within walking distance as I live in a shit rural town. I'm taking online college courses for now, I intend on moving on campus once I've saved up enough money.
Literally anything will do, though. I just need to work. I'm a skinny, socially anxious, autistic, 5'6 white guy so take that as you will
>>
Walk in and ask to talk to the manager. Introduce yourself, say you have applied and you are following up on your application. I have done it before. It works. They won't be mad or whatever your brain will tell you. It's acceptable to do and puts you at the top of the stack.
>>
>>18199032
Go fill out apps in person.
>>
>>18199039
This
I just like to act like I'm the absolute best person for their job they need done and the value that I can bring to the workplace in productivity and providing a friendly environment would be well beyond their expectations, while still managing to not come off too cocky

Confidence and good intentions go a long fucking way in any type of interview. Also be tall and white
>>
>>18199086
Silly twat.
>>
File: 1489567622953.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1489567622953.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
>>18199039
I have been recommended this before, and perhaps it's just my brain making up excuses because I'm too pussy to do this and see myself as inferior to others, but..
I've also been told that this does nothing and they'll just tell me to apply online. Is it seriously this difficult to get a low-end wagie job?
>>
>>18199233
You apply online first, and then follow up in person.
>>
>>18199261
So I walk into a presumably busy McDonald's and ask the clerk to speak to their manager, and then what? "Hey, I applied online and I was wondering.."
I don't even know how to finish that
>>
>>18199297
You say you applied online and you were wondering if there were any available positions you can fill.

>>18199039
What if you do this consistently to almost all the available stores in your area and still get no response back? I followed up on a fucking dishwasher position and they told me basically just to wait, but if not a single place calls you back, all you end up doing it sitting around, applying and waiting.
>>
>>18199363
i know right. i got rejected to be a dishwasher
>>
>>18199039
In most places, the manager knows fuck all about applications unless they're advertising in the window or whatever
>>
I can hook anyone up with a decent, entry level job if you're in San Francisco. But it's a graveyard shift in an airport and management is retarded, though. It's an immediate hire due to the harsh schedule BUT the background check and tests take 2wk to 1mo.
>>
>>18199039
yeah it's not the 80's anymore grandpa, this shit will so rarely work

OP, unfortunately the minimum wage job market is utterly fucked up. I've actually had an easier time getting a white collar, salaried, full-time position than a fucking dishwasher job. Even the most mom n pop seeming stores have this heartless, byzantine management setup and treat you like garbage.

if you try to walk in and 'give em a firm handshake', they'll most likely just tell you to apply online, where you'll be made to do some bizarre 2 hour IQ test or some shit just to stock shelves

so basically, just apply spam and eventually you'll get lucky and pass the filter somewhere. If you have any family/friends who run small businesses either try to work for them or see if they're okay being a fake employer reference for you to buff your resume up a bit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.