[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 20 years old and I don't know how to apply make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

I'm 20 years old and I don't know how to apply make up.
I don't have any friends that could teach me.
I can't do it like they do it in youtube videos.

Why is it so complicated? Who the hell got the stupid idea that girls have to scribble on their face to look good?

I just want to look good. Please help me. Maybe I just suck at finding good tutorials.
>>
what exactly do you want to do? do you want to go all out or something more toned down and natural?
>>
>>18199041
More natural. But I can't even do simple eye make up. It looks just stupid
>>
well all i really do is wear bb cream (way nicer than foundation in my opinion & light) and mascara (black or brown) and sometimes highlighter and blush.

my advice to you is just start off with basics like that bb cream and mascara, and slowly move your way up. you should experiment like see what colors you like, what makes YOU feel good when you look in the mirror and don't worry if it looks "bad" - you are just testing it out.

also if you have pictures of how you want your makeup to look, i can give you a little instruction on how to do it!
>>
>>18198954
Practice practice practice.

I worked as a makeup artist in my 20's, and I had ZERO idea what I was doing going into it, I just watched online tutorials and practiced a lot.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>18199110
Just something simple for the eyes.
But I can't even properly apply mascara, it looks like shit. Especially my lower lashes look stupid since they're quite long.

>>18199134
It sucks. How can it be that almost every fucking girl can do this shit? What the fuck? Why? I hate it.
>>
>>18198954
I only find attractive girls, who don't use any makeup at all. Maybe just find yourself a bf like me and forget about all that bullshit
>>
>>18199163
>How can it be that almost every fucking girl can do this shit?
Because they've been doing it since they were 12, so they've had a lot of practice. You're retarded if you feel bad for not being able to do something as well as people that have been doing it since they were fucking kids.
>>
>>18199163
If you already have long lashes, you don't need mascara.
>>
>>18199084
Eye makeup is shit anyway
>>
File: power-of-makeup-a-08[1].jpg (281KB, 1200x938px) Image search: [Google]
power-of-makeup-a-08[1].jpg
281KB, 1200x938px
>>18199172
Really?

>>18199180
I have blonde lashes, they're hardly visible.

>>18199179
Now I feel bad for not having friends. Damn.
>>
>>18199198
>Now I feel bad for not having friends
Why? And why are you so determined to feel bad? Do you just spend your entire life bitching? You have a way to get better, now go do it instead of sitting here whining.
>>
>>18199208
>instead of sitting here whining
You're talking to a woman anon. I'd say 10 to 1 odds she just bitches and complains instead of actually going out to fix her problem.
>>
>>18199198
>Really?
yes, absolutely. Makeup makes the skin look terrible in my opinion and everything looks just fake when you put it on. The only thing you should always remember to pour over your face is a happy smile. Try it. Just smile and see how many people notice you, smile back, take a glance at you once they pass you.

It's all about evolutionary psychology, but it's a very long story
>>
File: IMG_3127.jpg (75KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3127.jpg
75KB, 640x639px
some people just don't wear makeup very well. i've actually worked as a make up artist for a while and i can do other people's makeup professionally. but on me, some stuff just looks odd. contouring makes me not look like myself anymore and any kind of eye shadow makes me feel like i look dirty. but those aren't necessary anyways.
the goal of makeup is to make you look and feel beautiful. beauty is commonly associated with health and youth. that means you're trying to enhance what are natural signs of health and youth. beautiy is also associated with symmetry and balance, so if you have an unbalanced/assymetrical face, you would try to subtly play that down.
the perfect besuty routine would make makeup futile. you want an even and glowing complexion. lightly rosy cheeks signaling excellent blood flow. you want naturally full brows, bo eye bags, shining white and clear eyes with full and dark lashes. you want silky, plump and reddish lips. i actually often do some tricks to achieve that that doesn't use make up. i take very good care of my skin, trying to get it to a state where it looks flawless without any make up or other coverage. then i brush my brows (that i don't pluck. i got lucky and have very manageable one's), curl my lashes, pinch my cheeks, exfoliate and moisture my lips and i look like i just spent a lot of time doing my make up. if i want to do a bit more, i take some mascare and a paper tissue. then i wipe away almost all mascare from the brush. i don't want my lashes to look like there is any product on. i just want to make them darker so they appear fuller and longer. i then also use a cheek tint (i like those more than powders or creams since they actually stain the skin instead of sittin on top of it. it looks just like you actually have very good blood flow and just came home from a brisk walk in fresh air). everything else is 100x better to achieve trough plenty of sleep, water, exercise and healthy diet. good luck!
>>
>>18199219
yeah, because men on this board are all known to always put their shit together, learn from their mistakes and repair their lives at will
>>
>>18199198
>>18199198
this girl should invest in skincare and her health i stead of caking her face. she doesn't really look different. just less butchered because her skin got covered up. the rest is pretty ugly. that blue eye liner... wtf
they also did her hair, which obviosuly has a huge effect but it would have had the same one without the make up. the only difference are the lashes and bolder brows. but shems asian so short and sparse facial hair is actually a problem. but that's also nothing a tiny amount of mascara and very good grooming plus a growth serum can't take care of. it would look SO much better
>>
>>18199163
with mascare, i only do my top lashes. it's overkill in most cases to do the lower lashes too. most importantly, WIPE the brush first. there should be almost no product left. you never want any clumps or hairs sticking together. one coat is more than enough. if you want it extra natural, only brush the tips. that way they look longer and darker but not unnatural.
>>
>>18199208
>>18199219
Life is hard, man. I'm trying my best. I mostly got rid of my akne in the last year and started doing sport, but that also hardly helped with anything.
>>18199134 is probably right, I should just try it until it works.

>>18199278
Thanks anon, this actually helps a lot.
Any tips on how to do some light kajal eyeliner? I can't stop it from getting way too thick.
>>
File: IMG_3128.jpg (19KB, 350x131px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3128.jpg
19KB, 350x131px
>>18199325
i wouldn't actually do pic related. it looks weird unless you can pull off that nonchalant french charm with an effortless bun and matte red lips. in every other instant the goal is to make it appear like your lashes are already full at the bottom. you achieve this by really rubbing it as deep into the line where your lashes grow. there can't be any gap between the liner and your lashes! it doesn't matter if it is a bit messy. i actually take a qtip when i'm done and smudge everythig so it has a softer look and no hard lines. so don't worry about being messy or squiggly. the form you apply it greatly depends on your eyes shape. mine are rather eound so i make the line bolder outwards and let it fade after two thirds and do no liner in the last half. this way, my eyes have a more (ideal) almond shape. you'd have to experiment sith this. but most of the time it looks like dog shit if the line is evenly thick everywhere and goes the full length of the eye.
>>
I agree with those who say skincare >> makeup in this thread.

Before you buy any make up, buy a good remover (can be just a dedicated bottle of olive oil, takes even the toughest mascara off and is hydrating) and cotton pads.

For colors: safe ones to start with as eye shadow are purples and greys. Some greyish purple looks decent on nearly everyone (though the exact hue matters a lot obviously.)

I would leave foundation for last, leave it out of your kit while you can, it's the hardest thing to color-match properly. Experiment with many different concealers before you decide on which foundation color you want. Heck, I even use my concealer as foundation sometimes (diluted with moisturizer or sunscreen).

Start with some cheap ass make up, practice, practice more, and then buy some quality stuff (some cheap products are also great, but whatever).

For testing longetivity and how a specific product interacts with my skin, I wear them for the first time during workout (make up during workout is the worst, BUT if it last me during my weekend run, it sure as hell lasts while at a party for a few hours).

Also wear as little make up as possible. Bad for the skin, bad for the environment, etc etc.
(I still wear it, cause I like to fake the well-rested face, also no matter what guys say, they cannot resist well crafted black liner.)

Oh and the guys who say they like bare face... I'm just laughing at them so hard. Like a lot of my boyfriends genuinely thought I was not wearing make up when I was wearing light make up, and thought I was wearing make up when I had the full on party face on. Not all of them, though, select few guys do have eyes for this stuff.

What else...

Mascara! Find a good one.
Maybe start with tinted lip balms instead of lipstick...

And yeah, I've been using some make up since I was like 13... It's just practice.

Monica Blunder does toned down looks on youtube that can be interesting for beginners, ignore all the product names, watch her hands.
>>
just go to sephora or ulta and let them do it for you

that's literally what they're there for. they'll pick out colors and products for you and show you how to apply it. just tell them kinda what you're going for and he'll help you out. easiest approach imo.
>>
>>18198954
I have this same problem but I'm gonna be 23 in two weeks.
Thankfully I don't look too bad without it. I'd like to know how for like special occasions or whatever. But I'm also a tomboy so when I have had some on it's hard for me to remember stupid little things like not rubbing your face when it itches lol. Or when my body temp increases because I'm experiencing anxiety and I basically sweat it off.
I'm starting to accept the possibility that maybe make up really isn't for me.
>>
>>18199325
liner is one of the hardest things...
for light kajal, you might want to watch korean girls like Sinnim on yt. they really show how to make the liner thin yet impactful.
i would either get a real thin gel liner, or get a really thin angled liner (brow) brush and line with the brush instead.

or just use a thicker liner, and remove the excess with q-tip (dipped into make up remover, then swipe off the make up removed with something else)
>>
>>18199349
>>18199351
Thanks for the tips. Will watch those videos.
Skin care has already been my top prority for a while, but it'll take a while to look good again. Acne sucks.

>>18199365
I wouldn't be on 4chan if I was that social.
>>
>>18199351
>Oh and the guys who say they like bare face... I'm just laughing at them so hard.
that you can make somebody think you dont have anyy makeup only means that what you have on tour face doesn't achieve much.
I spend at least a month each year living with a lot of people in the wilderness. Women there use no chemmicals at all and they all look stunningly beautiful.
>>
>>18198954
I'm a guy but I have an idea

learn one part at a time. this way it will be easier to get it right not feel discouraged. if you make up your eyes very well, and then ruin the rest of the makeup, you won't feel that reward for having done your eyes correctly - you might not even remember what you learned.

so one day work on the eyes. next day work on the...foundation (? I don't know). do one part at a time.

also this is just my outlook, but I don't think people should have to wear masks every day. I like the idea of makeup as decoration, but not as a concealer or a magic trick, but that's a pretty big bandwagon so I wouldn't really judge you for jumping on.
>>
>>18199198
this is why I hate makeup

This girl should clearly take care of her skin and maybe visit a dermatologist, but shes to lazy to do that and just cheats her way to look healthy with makeup.
>>
>>18199433
>acne
>unhealthy

okay. yeah let me get Accutane so I can have some of that sweet colon death.

anyway I don't get duped by a sloppy mask of gooey makeup. the only think that really trips me up is the eyes - there's so many different layers and aspects of eye makeup that they *can* trick people in that department.

I think anyone wearing a literal mask of goo is actually repulsive, but I gotta fuck some of these thots regardless because I'm no ryan reynolds.
>>
>>18199392
I dont recommend the ulta thing if you're kinda awkward or dont like people because imo it makes me uncomfortable and makes me spaghetti. I recommend a very non dramatic/small winged eyeliner that doesnt go all the way to the tear duct kinda like pic related because i think it looks decent on a variety of eyeshapes. Also, once you get used to learning how to do eyeliner i recommend the wet and wild waterproof liquid eyeliner because that shits cheap af (2-3$) and doesn't smudge unless you rub the shit out of your eyes, even when swimming and stuff (for some reason the colors other than black kinda do though just a heads up.). Only use it when you're confident in your eyelining skills though because its kinda hard to get off if you mess up as the name implies. I dont really use anything other than eyeliner, rice powder to even my skintone while still keeping a natural look and texture and is obviously really light and comfortable (wont cover any big pimples or blemishes, it does help a lot if its hot and your cheeks get red easily though) and occassionally lipstick or lip gloss. I recommend trying lots of different things before settling on a routine though because obviously what works for me might not work for you.
>>
>>18199512
Also, dont feel pressured to use as much or as little as everyone else is using. I ended up getting really bad acne because I would try to use shit i didnt need, bought more makeup for it, and ended up wasting a lot of time and money. I think the best makeup is really good skincare and basic stuff like eyeliner, eye shadow, bb cream, blush, and lip stuff
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.