[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go drinking with a friend to a place with a bunch of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1374.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1374.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
Should I go drinking with a friend to a place with a bunch of people I really don't like or stay at home by myself for another night?
>>
>>18198886
Go out with the people. Stay open minded, don't hold them in contempt prior to investigation, and maybe your opinion will be shifted.

Plenty of time for staying home alone throughout the rest of your life
>>
i find myself in this position a lot. i would go out tonight because it's much less depressing than being at home and it'll give you some
laughs while you're there
>>
why don't you like them? Because you wish you could be like them? You envy how more everything they are than you? Who are you to judge these people. Maybe you should stay in. You don't deserve friends if that's your worldview.
>>
>>18198886
Go drinking, you might meet someone new that you dig. Just try to be a pleasant person, not an autistic shut in.
>>
>>18198926
>Because you wish you could be like them? You envy how more everything they are than you?
Salty normie detected

>Who are you to judge these people.
Someone who doesn't need to use drugs/beer/other people to make them feel good about themselves, if the only way these people become bearable is if you and everyone else is drunk, then I can assure you these people are much less then you make them out to be.

I actually pity people who's only method of meeting new people is getting drunk with strangers, if that's the only way to make "friends"

It's like, Don't you have any hobbies or interests? Do you have nothing you want to do with your life? Is your only method of dealing with this lack of passion is associating with people who have nothing better to do then get drunk?

I mean seriously, if there's nothing else you'd rather do, you have only yourself to blame for not even trying to learn something new

you're not going to find anything worth preserving beyond the moment at a place where people go to forget things
>>
>>18199155
Just chill dude

You don't have to spend every weekend with them, just go

People have been using alcohol for socializing from Socrates to the founding fathers, but those are just a bunch of passionless asshats right?
You don't even have to drink anyways
>>
Better idea. Drink with people you like, what the fuck?

Like, yeah I could go hang out with my friend, and his big group of low life drug addicts..

Or, I could go to my dad's, kick back a few with family friends, and then end up back at my place in time to play some fucking RAINBOW SIX SIEGE with the team.
>>
File: Logica Fallacy.png (320KB, 1344x658px) Image search: [Google]
Logica Fallacy.png
320KB, 1344x658px
>>18199167
>People have been using alcohol for socializing from Socrates to the founding fathers, but those are just a bunch of passionless asshats right?
in Socrates' time there was fuck all they could actually do except drink, eat, fuck, and talk. anything more than that was way beyond the financial means of the average man, even in colonial times.

But what about now?

We have the ability to speak with people on the other side of the world instantaneously
We have access to a network which allows us free access to nearly any subject we can think of
I can literally order an electric guitar off amazon for under $100
I can literally download all of Plato's works at a press of a button
I can literally buy a 3D printer that will give shape to anything I can imagine
I can literally learn about any of the 1000's of languages spoken on earth right now, from a Google search
We literally all have a device with us at nearly all times that allows us to access to what may be argued as the largest repository of human knowledge
We can literally explore a world someone else has created in what's known as a video game
We have whats known as a Computer that will allow us to write, draw, create music, create videos, design, plan, do complex math, act as a library, access said repository of human knowledge, and a multitude of other specialized purposes.

We have access to all these things that people in the past would not only kill for, but would dedicate their entire lives to.

But no, you passionless idiots would rather expose yourselves to the pointless chatter of others who haven't even found anything worth devoting themselves to.

only reason to go out drinking is to relieve stress or look for something to fuck, not to just pass the time.

Socrates himself said:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
>>
>>18199155
hope you're not talking about me haha

you are the salty not-normie though

maybe your friends are not as excited about this as you think they are. maybe they're doing it because it's the only thing they can all agree upon, and they don't want to be alone like you.

when you're older and more developed, you can host whatever kind of outing or party you want! isn't that exciting? for now, though, it's just stupid bars or being at home. it is what it is.
>>
File: for your convenience.png (19KB, 860x185px) Image search: [Google]
for your convenience.png
19KB, 860x185px
>>18199523
>why don't you like them?
This is a legitimate question that needs to be answered first before you start making judgements

>Because you wish you could be like them?
here's where you reveal that you hold the belief that people who spend their time with others are something to aspire to be, and that others hold the same belief.

>You envy how more everything they are than you?
and here's where you show your unwarranted self-importance, by association, and that you identify heavily with these social people and try to appeal as to how much better they are than others
without actually presenting anything positive

>Who are you to judge these people.
trying hard to avoid criticism because you ARE that person who goes out and drinks to pass the time and you don't want people to think less of you for it

>Maybe you should stay in. You don't deserve friends if that's your worldview.
blatant hypocrisy, you don't want people to criticize you for "socializing" but you want to shun people who hold a different idea?

>>18199523
>you are the salty not-normie though
deflection, because you know you have no true argument so you wish to attack my character to discredit my assertion because you wish to avoid self-reflection.

and my proof that you are in fact these people I was criticizing?:

>hope you're not talking about me haha
your previous response show you viewed it as a personal attack on your "worldviews". And rather than trying to understand a different viewpoint, you immediately started to projecting a response solely based on emotion, not reason.

And you are projecting so damn hard.

FYI analytical psychology is a thing that exists that random people on the internet can look up and study anytime, so your likelihood of having one of it's practitioners respond is higher than you think
>>
>>18199679
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
>>
>>18199839
don't really understand your reasons for quoting

unless you you lack the reading comprehension to realize "weak minds discuss people" means discussing the inanity of "people" in general, not the "idea" of understanding of how the mind behaves in a psychological sense and how it manifests itself in conversation

try to understand the quote's context and it's actual meaning rather than just ignorantly believing you fully understand at first glance

reminds of of the often repeated quote:
"those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it"

When in actuality is a paraphrase from the book the "The Life of Reason - Vol I. Reason in Common Sense"

and the actual quote:
"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Which is not about respecting the past, put rather how people who don't make the effort to understand new things they're exposed to, lose the opportunity to improve themselves.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.