[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn a language (cause it helps with depression apparently)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: shigechi.png (38KB, 162x162px) Image search: [Google]
shigechi.png
38KB, 162x162px
I want to learn a language (cause it helps with depression apparently) but I have no idea which one to go with, I kinda wanna go with Japanese because I like anime and how it sounds but I know those are really dumb reason to learn to a language.
>>
>>18198604
Spanish or italian. The languages of the beauty.
>>
Japanese is really hard and it's easy to get frustrated. A language more similar to english would be a better idea. Having a motivation to learn the language helps a lot though, so if the only one you care about is japanese it might be the best choice anyway.
>>
>>18198604
>I kinda wanna go with Japanese
Japanese is a *very* difficult language to learn. Its grammar structure is weird, its language and alphabet system are both wonky, and as far as your love of anime, anime VAs speak way different from your average japanese person.

Most people even those who are actually living in japan for business or whatever, take several years to get fluent in Japanese, compare that to like 6 months before you're good with most romance languages, then you're just working out your accent.
>>
File: s.png (18KB, 158x249px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
18KB, 158x249px
>>18198604
Japanese isn't that hard, don't listen to those other retards.
Especially the one that's saying
>anime VAs speak way different from your average japanese person.
Sure, they speak clearer and sometimes use phrases that aren't used in real life, but it's still Japanese. It's not suddenly a different language.

Generally, learn a language that has material you want to read, listen to or enjoy otherwise. You'll need lots of exposure to be able to understand it good so if there's nothing you want to read or watch in that language, you'll have it harder when learning it.
>>
>>18198604
How many languages do you already know? If you've never been learning a foreign language i'd suggest spanish.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.