[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Can someone 'redpill' me on getting a job in New York?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: 4083896787_f571f6fced_o.jpg (2MB, 2694x1794px) Image search: [Google]
4083896787_f571f6fced_o.jpg
2MB, 2694x1794px
Can someone 'redpill' me on getting a job in New York? I live in a very rural place and have since I was a toddler. Consequently, I have no real job experience. Everything is just volunteer activity, of which I have done a lot. If I wanted to get a job say washing dishes in New York, what would that be like? What's the demand like? My grandparents were actually originally from New York and their parents had just moved to New York without anything lined up. I don't really know how it has changed. Is that still feasible? Thanks in advance.
>>
File: world is yours.jpg (817KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
world is yours.jpg
817KB, 1920x1080px
Fuuuuuuuuck I was in ecstasy when vacationing in New York.
>>
File: EN_Albuquerque_GP_Header.jpg (680KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Albuquerque_GP_Header.jpg
680KB, 1920x1120px
>>18198531
Ugggh. I fucking hate NY. I travel there for work. Too many god damn people, too much noise, too much everything.

My senses just can't handle it. Pic related is more my speed.
>>
New Yorker here, I could tell you that it's not hard at all to get a job washing dishes at local restaurants. As long as you have a resume ready you should be alright
>>
File: Empire State.jpg (321KB, 1520x864px) Image search: [Google]
Empire State.jpg
321KB, 1520x864px
>>18199164
What is it like to actually live in nyc? Specifically Manhattan. Wealth people only? How is the real life culture?

I'm >>18198531
>>
>>18198490
>living in the urban Jew
Not
Even
Once
>>
File: newyork.jpg (1MB, 2000x1227px) Image search: [Google]
newyork.jpg
1MB, 2000x1227px
It's not for everyone, that's for fuckin' sure.

I'd recommend you visit a few more times, do the tourist thing, and think seriously about what you'd be getting yourself into. It's no picnic to live/work here. You're certainly not going to live in Manhattan on a dishwasher's salary. Consider tending bar, at the very least.

>>18199187
It's a piece of shit. People are scum. I worry sometimes that I might be the last intelligent soul on the planet. Living in Manhattan is just a stupid fantasy for teenage girls, and a reality only for million/billionaires.
>>
>>18199280
Why not?
>>
>>18198490

Depends.

Do you have a name, or a (((name)))?

One will get you window cleaning, the other will get you in a nice media company, where you can race-bait and play identity politics all day long switching between being white, and being (((white))) and talking about how whites are all evil.
Or men are all evil.
Or Buddhists are terrorists and are hurting the most peaceful religion of peace, the bombing snackbars.

Whichever agenda you want to push, as long as (((they))) agree with it.

They don't call it Njew York for nothing.
>>
File: 1488510120295.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1488510120295.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>18198490

>Can someone 'redpill' me on getting a job in New York?
>>
>>18199187
the only people who live in manhattan are people so poor they have no choice because they can't move, or so rich the crippling poverty all around them doesn't matter because they can afford the best of everything and live in an elitist bubble high up in sky scrapers, only venturing down for a private car to drive them to the finest restaurants or stores to shop
the middle class simply doesn't exist.

Also be prepared to pay over $1000 a month for a shitty studio apartment. good luck affording that on dish washer salary
>>
>>18200325
k

>>18200330
Then how are there people doing these jobs right now?

>>18200352
>good luck affording that on dish washer salary
It seems possible though
>>
>>18200371
illegal immigrants living like cockroaches on hostiles or cramming 5 people into a 1 bedroom apartment

if you want to live in new york you need to do 3 things
1 live in a shitty neighborhood
2 find room mates
3 find an apartment with less bedrooms than the number of room mates you have, and share

me myself? living in new york I had a 3 bedroom apartment, 2 room mates, 1 and a half bathroom, a balcony, and a gate with 24 hour security guards posted to it for $800 utilities included.
how did I get such a deal you might ask?

it was a negro area they were trying to gentrify so they wanted young educated white people to move in and were willing to give you all of that; because me living there helped to raise the property value of the neighborhood and run the undesirables out

a more typical experience, someone I know got a 2 bedroom apartment smack dab in harlem for 5 people, one room had bunk beds, one room they shared a bed, one person slept on the couch in the living room.
>>
File: 2017-04-07 11.22.31 pm.png (711KB, 662x536px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-07 11.22.31 pm.png
711KB, 662x536px
I'm a white guy, I live in Nassau, work in Queens... the spics don't take kindly to that.
>>
>>18200499
>live in a shitty neighborhood
I'm fine with that.

>find room mates
That could be hard but still doable

>find an apartment with less bedrooms than the number of room mates you have, and share
That sounds like a good idea
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.