[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I explain my abstinence ring without making myself and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (125KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
125KB, 410x410px
How do I explain my abstinence ring without making myself and others cringe? I don't think it's cringey but others sometimes ask why I wear one, if I'm married and I have to explain that it's for "personal reasons" or "n-no... it's an abstinence ring" and they stop talking right there.

I only wear it for 2 reasons
1) I am currently abstinent
2) B/c I'm good looking, there are people around me who will only be nice or act friendly because they have sexual feelings. Since I am retarded I can't tell they're doing this, so the ring deflects their attempts.
>>
>>18198464
why an abstinence ring?
>>
>>18198464
If they just stop talking or leave you alone they don't get that others have different views and honestly aren't worth the time
>>
>>18198464
>"n-no... it's an abstinence ring"
Maybe it's because you're getting weird about it. Own up to it and be proud, not nervous about telling people. I don't wear a ring, but I tell people I'm abstinent in the same way I tell them what school I attended: I just say it and don't make a big deal. The most common reaction I get is "bro are you serious" while laughing, so I just smile back and say yes.

If you're going to commit to something, then commit to it.
>>
You don't need a ring to be abstinent. You wear a ring like that to flaunt your 'superiority' over people who are healthy and enjoy sex. What would not wearing it do? You would still be abstinent. The ring does not make you abstinent. Get over yourself. I don't want people to wear markers of their sexual inactivity any more than I want them to wear markers of their sexual activity. Unless I'm having sex with them, I don't want to know. I don't want to think about it. People do not want to think about you getting some any more than they want to think of you not getting some. Ditch the ring.
>>
>>18199125
It helps people remind them of their commitment and make better decisions in times of temptation
>>
>>18199133
If you need a physical reminder of your personal moral code, maybe there's something wrong.
>>
>>18199133
Is that why you people wear a cross, so when logic tempts you, the image of your imaginary friends execution device snaps you back into dreamland?
>>
>>18199145
Sorry everyone isn't as strong willed as you. God forbid that someone tries

>>18199165
Haha good one! Religion sucks!!!! xD
>>
>>18198464
Read the OP
>>18199125
>there are people around me who will only be nice or act friendly because they have sexual feelings. Since I am retarded I can't tell they're doing this, so the ring deflects their attempts.

I don't care if others perceive me as "arrogant", I want them to know I'm abstinent or married without me saying it. I don't like being stalked, getting groped, or people who act friendly with hidden sexual drives.

>You wear a ring like that to flaunt your 'superiority' over people who are healthy and enjoy sex
When does sexual behavior get unhealthy to you?
>>
It's impossible, it is cringy
>>
>>18199173
It doesn't require a strong will to stick to something you truly believe in.

I don't steal shit because I don't morally believe it's right. I don't have to wear a fucking ring to remind me not to shop lift every time I'm in Walmart. That's not because I have an iron will.
>>
>>18199225
If you were a klepto it would help
>>
>>18199225
>>18199145
Do you think you're being too harsh on people trying to control their animalistic habits?
>>
>>18199195
Gets unhealthy right about when you get neurotic about it. Treating sex as anything weird or unnatural will make you dysfunctional about it. If you do not have sexual experiences (mind you, there are plenty more than just intercourse) then you are living an unnatural life. For me any closeness is a sexual experience. There is that same tension and energy. Sex is not dirty. It is the only natural way to interact with people you like.
>>
>>18199241
muh naturrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

naturrrrrr good humans bad naturrrr good humans bad nuffing natur does is bad everything humans do bad bad humans baaaaddd!

t. typical nature cuckposting on his rare earth metal box screwed together in a foxconn plant in china
>>
>>18199241
>Gets unhealthy right about when you get neurotic about it
This is contrary to me. I asked when it gets unhealthy and you basically say "it isn't, you're mentally ill".

So you basically mean nothing sexual is unhealthy.
>>
>>18199230
Either you believe strongly enough that you don't need a constant physical reminder, or you don't and a ring isn't going to stop you.

I've lost my wedding ring before. I didn't go out fucking other girls just because there's wasn't a physical reminder of my commitment to my wife. If I lose my one year AA chip, I'm not going back to a bar because it's not there to remind me I can't drink.

Either way, the ring serves no purpose other than to serve as a visible message to everyone that you don't believe in premarital sex. Which is completely unnecessary.
>>
>>18199265
You are not mentally ill. For some reason you have convinced yourself that living in a way not natural to humans is what you should do. If you ever decide you want sex in your life, it will be difficult or even impossible for you, since you have no practice in the social interaction that is sex.

>>18199254
I know I'm doing good when the only comeback is an insult.
>>
>>18199314
That's literally what the chip does
Just because you don't have that mentality doesn't mean it doesn't help other people

I carry around a "lucky" coin to remind myself to take more risks
>>
>>18199315
No, that anon was just teasing you for being stupid enough to base your argument on an appeal to nature fallacy.
>>
>>18199314
Would you think this about someone wearing a ring or would you just glance at it and leave them alone?

You analyze the ring wearer more than what is normal, in a social setting the ring would be ignored and only stand out to people who want sex.

You see, beauty is attractive and nothing else is. Nobody notices you sexually if you're not attractive, those that do are alerted by the ring that they should stop without the wearer needing to say anything.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.