[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bosses at work are taking me out for dinner >i have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

>bosses at work are taking me out for dinner
>i have to somehow be able to converse for over an hour
>i'm an autist with zero friends, no social skills and nothing to talk about (don't watch sports, don't travel, don't have any funny stories, etc.)
how do i not fuck this up?

inb4 alcohol
it has little effect on me tbqh

help /adv/
>>
>>18196962
>it has little effect on me tbqh
Yeah, that's what I thought for awhile too. You're just not drinking enough.
>>
>>18196962
I've found the most reliable small talk conversations are about food, family, and the weather.

Talk about the restaurant and segue into food:
"Have you been here before?"
"What do you usually get?"
"Have you ever eaten at _____?"
"Food trucks are really taking over aren't they?"
"Why are they so expensive?"
"A Styrofoam box filled with nachos for $10!!!"
"Have you ever had venison/squid/squirrel?"

Ask them about their kids, but keep it generic as to not seem intrusive:
"You have a son/daughter, right?"
"Did they just get spring break?"
"Are they looking forward to summer break/high school/college?"

Everyone loves talking about the weather. Talk about how great/terrible the weather was this week, what it'll be like over the weekend, and how you're looking forward to summer/fall/winter.
>>
>>18196962

stop creating imaginary problems for your self. but when in doubt just bring it back to them.

>so how long have you been working here?
>what position did you start in?
>what kind of promotions did you go through?
>how long did it take to get you to this particular position?

and when in doubt, ask follow up questions, going off on the most inane shit. let them talk themselves out.
>>
>>18197028
>>18197089
thanks for the advice
>>
>>18197028
Don't talk about the weather
The rest is ok

>>18197089
This is good
Mossssttttt people love talking about themselves. Always ask questions. You really can't fuck this up though. Unless you start talking about how niggers are inferior and Jews are behind everything
>>
>>18197978
what if i can't think of questions?

or my questions are too personal?
>>
>>18196962
be a submissive pussy and try to get 1 or more in bed. easy way for promotions and shit. just be a good little fuck girl or fuck boy for them. easy livin yo
>>
>>18198849
they are all in relationships, and not in to me in that way
>>
>>18196962
Yeah OP. Sounds pretty hopeless. What you probably should do is read about other peoples' more interesting experiences and pretend that they're yours. That way you can at least pretend to sound interesting when people ask you questions. Try to divert every question back to yourself. So when someone is telling a story, be like "Oh yeah, that reminds me of my time in Italy..." Good luck.
>>
If you are having trouble, think
F.O.R.D, questions in these topics tend to be easy conversation points
>Family/Friends
>Occupation
>Recreation/Hobbies
>Dreams
>>
>>18198866
i don't think i can fake other people's stories

>>18198877
thanks, i've heard this before, but i'm still not very good at asking these questions
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.