[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I develop some self-worth? I view myself as forgettable,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: error.scrn.png (56KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
error.scrn.png
56KB, 1440x900px
How do I develop some self-worth? I view myself as forgettable, less-than shit, and unwanted. Nothing seems to gratify me anymore
>>
>>18196869
find a gf
>>
>>18196873
How would that help?
>>
Go do something worthwhile. No one ever got better sitting there feeling sorry for themselves.
Force yourself to do things if you have to, sometimes its the only way
>>
>>18196897
Thanks anon
>>
>>18196882

If you have to ask then no option, Palliative care for you buddy
>>
>>18196873
this is actually the wrong answer

op, self esteem is a process not a finish line. You get it by a combination of goal-setting and achieving over a long period of time. This gives you the expectation of actualization, which is foundational for self worth. There really is nothing more to it than that.

Think of all the lowly neckbeard shitters you know; most of them probably don't have goals, or if they do, they are unrealistic or are never met.

you need to figure out where the glitch is for you. Is it that you don't know what it is you value, so you are directionless? if so, spend time trying to understand who you are, what sorts of things YOU value, etc. If you know what you want to do, but are unable to bring yourself to actually do it, you lack discipline and should spend your energy exploring that.

In either case, this is the only process by which real self esteem - not the faux "alpha" PUA smoke and mirrors bullshit - can be achieved
>>
>>18196945
Holy fuck what a well thought out response! Thanks, I'll take those questions into serious consideration.
>>
Go out and make stories for yourself. In fact, just care and give worth to other people and they will do the same after a while. Simple phrase: Build bridges. Don't burn them.
>>
Do something useful with yourself. Humans are inherently disposable, especially males. It sucks, and its the source of most human misery, but it's the truth. Sorry OP, I do believe in you however!
>>
>>18197056
Well put. A nice way to fill a mutual void
>>
>>18197061
You're right though, we are all innately disposable and replaced with each coming generation. Maybe I should just get in where I fit in and take it from there.
>>
>>18196869
Everything said in this thread is good and these habits will probably make you feel good BUT none of it matters if you don't change the main problem:

>I view myself as forgettable, less-than shit, and unwanted.

You're experiencing distorted thoughts that change the way you view yourself and impact you mood. This works in a cycle to produce more of these negative thoughts.

You label yourself as forgettable, less-than shit, and unwanted but these things are just names that you're using to make yourself feel bad and it's exaggerations of reality. You have to change this thought pattern to grow self-esteem.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.