[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /adv/. To sum up my situation, my girlfriend of about 1.5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1484712411825.jpg (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484712411825.jpg
36KB, 720x720px
Sup /adv/. To sum up my situation, my girlfriend of about 1.5 years wants to go to college. We've been living together for about a year now and the lease is almost ready to be renewed. While I would love for her to go to college and have offered to take on a few more bills to help her do so, the issue is boiling down to her parents. For some reason whenever she goes to visit them they try and convince her to move back home so she can go to school full time. The worst part is she is considering it; because as she said it would be 'more comfortable' than worrying about working and just being able to do school instead.

I expressed to her that I didn't want to live apart; as I do love and appreciate her. I enjoy waking up with her, cooking with her and the sort. Though when I said this she called me a 'crab in the bucket' who was trying to hold her down. This is ridiculous, because one of the bigger reasons I am about to advance to a higher paying position was to give her a little more room to pay off her CURRENT student and car debts. I also expressed to her that the prospect of going to her parents house until she is thirty years old sounds incredibly unappealing (we are both 25 years old). I have to admit that her answer of 'many Europeans stay at home until they're 30' didn't satisfy me.

Months ago when she first brought this up I suggested I could help her to keep her around; but at this point I'm not sure if I should. Especially considering a variety of other rude things she dropped during out conversation that night. In two months or so my promotion will allow me to take over this lease and make more than double it's monthly cost; the question is should I keep her around?
>>
>>18196499
ALSO GOD DAMN THIS BITCH IS LETTING HERSELF GO.

Like, I know this sounds sexist. But there's a point someone can reach when they need to stop eating every sweet in the house and actually fucking shave.
>>
You guys haven't been dating long enough for you to be taking care of her financially. She should be more independent. Not sure if that answers your questions but I'm just saying.

When you care for someone financially it implies you're basically looking to get married. You really wanna marry someone you've known 1.5 years who hasn't sorted out her life, and hasn't yet sorted out her relationship with you?

I personally told my partner that I wouldn't let him share finances with me until I get my degree. We are both in out early 20s and agree we need to figure out our own independent lives before we try to merge them into a dependent situation too early.
>>
>>18196499
Break up with her but first buy lots of cakes and McDonald's and other fatty food to get her extra chubby
She will have a great time in college
>>
>>18196518
It's less 'me supporting her financially' and more that I loved her enough to offer chip in an extra one hundred or so on her side of the rent and maybe just pick up the rest of our (small) utility bill. That, combined with her not paying student bills while in school, would give her more room to do school and less to work.

But after the things she said when I brought up the issues I had with her plan, I lost all drive to do it. There are certain things you don't tell your SO when they are actually making an effort to improve both of your lives.
>>
>>18196518
>For you to take care of her financially
Why is this a thing in 2017?
>>
>>18196531
Seriously... one of my friends moved in with her bf after 2 weeks of dating and they've had an unhealthy co-dependent relationship ever since. I see many similar situations as well. What the fuck is with people.
>>
File: 1479365371807.gif (971KB, 366x229px) Image search: [Google]
1479365371807.gif
971KB, 366x229px
>>18196499

This is not really an issue of right or wrong so much as an issue of your lives moving in different directions. The fact of the matter is that either of you convincing the other to do something they don't want to do with their lives will probably result in some kind of resentment.

Its perfectly natural for people to develop different priorities in their lives and drift apart. It happens all the time. If this is what she wants to do then you need to start being honest with yourself about the future of your relationship and your compatibility. Maybe this is it for your relationship, who knows.

It seems to me that this is something you really need to talk through with your girlfriend, not 4chan.
>>
>>18196527
>its not that I support her financially, I just love her so much after <2 years that I support her financially
>>
File: 1485462900199.jpg (63KB, 620x515px) Image search: [Google]
1485462900199.jpg
63KB, 620x515px
>>18196542
Eh, I have talked to her. And it resulted in her getting overtly emotional and insulting when I was honest with what I thought it would do to the relationship. Maybe this thread is just confirmation with me, as I have come to this conclusion with other friends and family already.

I already pretty much know what I am doing; I'm just at that weird state where I want more opinions. The hard fact of the matter is I offered to do more for her than I really should have and she still found an excuse to make me a villain without initiative.

In the end it'll be her loss, not mine.
>>
>>18196539
Who the fuck told you you could reply to me?
>>
>>18196546
Nigger, if 150$ is a lot to you, I have bad news...
>>
>>18196562

If thats the way it has to be then so be it. People's lives move in different directions all the time. Sorry about your ship. Better luck next time.
>>
>>18196572
He says he wants to pay her student bills and from what it sounds like he's paying the lease too.
>>
>>18196583
I think you're confusing me saying 'she wouldn't be paying her existing debt because she's in school' with 'I'mma be permacucked.'
>>
>>18196562
>I offered to do more for her than I really should have and she still found an excuse to make me a villain without initiative.
>I already pretty much know what I am doing
> I want more opinions
My opinion is that you should do that thing you pretty much know you're doing.
Enjoy moving on and moving up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.