[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be emotionally unavailable to fiancee during a few months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: alone-image-011.jpg (87KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
alone-image-011.jpg
87KB, 500x701px
>be emotionally unavailable to fiancee during a few months of intense stress
>she ends up having an emotional affair
>decide to work on it but fail
>break up with fiancee today

So now I'm 30 and single, and I'm so alone and afraid. I can't breathe and I can't stop crying.

There's so much to think about, but I don't know what answer "what now?" has. I thought I had found true love and that we would grow old together the rest of our lives. Now I'm 30 and back to square one. I feel like I'm over the edge and I've lost my chance at happiness.

Everyone around me is married or about to, and I'm 30 and alone. Whoever I find now will have more than a decade in which they grew without me, rather than my fiancee with who I grew together with for a decade. Will have to settle for someone who will settle for me?

I've lost everything and I'm so afraid.
>>
File: IMG_0510.png (178KB, 472x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0510.png
178KB, 472x343px
Just move on.
>>
Why did it fail, OP?

I ended a seven year relationship with my fiance when I was 28. We owned a house together, had our entire wedding booked.

It was difficult but I honestly think it was the right thing for me. I spent most of my twenties trying to follow the path I thought was expected of me. This person wasn't a bad person at all, they were wonderful, we just weren't a good match.

Fast forward to now and I'm in a relationship with someone who I genuinely connect with. They are in their early thirties and their previous relationship, like mine, was of considerable length.

I suppose what I'm saying is that a lot of people realise in their late twenties, that their relationship wasn't what they hoped. Unfortunately, a lot of people stay in them, hoping that they will improve.

Your relationship would not have worked and although it hurts now, you will almost definitely meet somebody else and enjoy a more fulfilling relationship. You will get to experience the excitement and passion of getting to know a new person and hopefully, not repeat the mistakes you may have made in your previous relationship. Also, if you met your previous partner in your early twenties then I'm assuming you have changed a lot - you're probably a lot more qualified to decide what you want from a relationship now.

By all means, grieve for your lost relationship. This is normal. But do not put extra pressure on yourself by worrying that you won't find another person. You will, and it will probably be better than your previous relationship.
>>
>>18195551
You haven't lost EVERYTHING.

You lost 1 woman in the whole world.

It's very hard Anon and I can only imagine how much you are hurting. But.... If you are the guy from the other thread, she chose him over you.

You guaranteed a solid life partner for her by making her your Fiancee and she chose some guy who gets off to her flirting during work hours.

The only loser is her. But if you let this take over, you will drown in misery. Get what strength you can out of this and move on with life.
>>
I'm sorry. Don't beat yourself up too much. It's going to hurt for the next few weeks, some days will be better than others but it will get better. I know it feels like it won't but you will be happy again one day.
>>
I do understand that every relationship has its ups and downs, nobody can be available at all times since life has many things to do and priorities shift dynamically.
But why are you being emotionally unavailable during those months anyway?

Though if you did decide to work it out and fail which lead to break up, fair chance that it was something that meant to be continued.
It got tested, and it didn't pass the test as simple as that.
>>
>>18195587
I really hope so. It's so hard to believe it right now, but I'm trying really hard.

>>18195589
>>18195597
But it hurts so much, I cant even type this without shaking and feeling tears fall on my hands. I'm ugly crying and it hurts so much and I don't want this and I don't understand why
>>
>>18195633
I know. The important thing to know you have to go through this so you don't have to do it in the future. Get it out. Feel bad. I know it hurts but you need to grieve so you can heal. Is there anything you have to do in the next few days?
>>
>>18195551
OP,

If growing with someone meant anything she might not have decided to catch feelings for another person.

Right now, there is probably 30 women (Depending on how big your city is) who have just lost their long term partner and are feeling shitty too

It's highly likely you'll find another woman who knows loss and will value you so much more. (Just be careful about the stress, they don't know you, yet!)
>>
>>18195673
I've calmed a bit down now...

I'm with my parents now. Tomorrow I'm going back to the apartment and pick all my stuff up. I don't think she'll be there but... I really really hope she will be.

Other than that, right now, I have nothing else for the rest of my life.

>>18195687
I hope I can attract women again. I feel so low and all my insecurities are coming back.

I just got to repeat to myself 'don't despair' over and over again because I'm in a deeeep tunnel, because I see no light at all

Fuck
>>
>tfw 17 year old gf while 26 yourself
>break up 4 years later

She was the lottery.

She was a beautiful smart girl and I will NEVER get someone as hot, young and perfect again.

That's true misery
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.