[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make yourself interesting? I want to be one of those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1855.jpg (62KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1855.jpg
62KB, 500x539px
How do you make yourself interesting?

I want to be one of those people who are so cool you kind of start feeling self-conscious about not being as cool, but my current job and location kind of tie me to a spot and the possibilities of doing anything awesome in this town are somewhat limited.
>>
>>18195322
>I want to be one of those people who are so cool you kind of start feeling self-conscious about not being as cool,

Stop, you can't control that. If you feel insecure while looking at others, it's because of you, not them. It's not that they are "so cool" you feel bad, it's that you feel bad.
>>
>>18195335
You're reading this all backwards. I know it is because of me, and therefore it is up to me to fix it.

I aknowledge that I am insecure and have made the conscious choice to channel that energy into self-improvement.

The question is how.
>>
>>18195340

You want to improve? That's fine. But your goal is to make other people feel crappy. At least that's how you phrase it.

Being interesting is having shit going on in your life. Have a job, have hobbies, have projects, and do shit with people so you have stories to share. That's all there's to it.
>>
>>18195349
My goalis not to make other people feel crappy, but to be more like the kind of people I look up to. Stop making yourself feel crappy with your insecurity.

My job is unfortunately very boring and takes a big chunk out of my life (though fortunately pays damn well for it) and it more or less prevents me from taking instructed classes on anything.

I'm currently listening to an anthropology lecture online while drawing a friend's RPG character (the last of a series, once it's done I'll combine them all to a group portrait). And I lifted weights earlier.

How do you find people to do shit with?
>>
>>18195322
>How do you make yourself interesting?
Just live. Do interesting things, meet interesting people. Quit spending all your time either at your wageslave job or at home on the couch.
>>
>>18195363

Do play in this friend's game? That's be a good way to meet people.

Instead of listening to an anthropology lecture online, join one or some other kind of class. Maybe something that has to do with drawing?

If you want to do shit with people, then join people at doing shit.
>>
>>18195367
How? How?! HOW?!

What even IS an "interesting thing"? Do you mean going out to pet a dog, going to a museum, killing a man to see if you get caught?
>>
Interesting to whom ?

I don't give a FUCK about your theory on gender, that you went to hawaii last week or that you did some voluntary work in africa for an NGO

None of these things are interesting in themselves, they just superficially sound that way to people because our imagination fills in the blanks in a usually more colorfull fashion than reality

You don't become interesting by being well learned, by traveling or by living an adventure. Plenty of dull as fuck people do all these things and, surprise surprise, are still just as dull.

You wanna be interesting ? Work on being interested first.
>>
>>18195368
Oh yeah, we've been playing this campaign for like six months now. Unfortunately my friend group is quite close-knit and no new people ever really appear. We've all known each other for years.

There is no university in my town (I'd have to drive over an hour to the nearest one) and I do a three-shift job, so a regular once-per-week class at something isn't very possible.

How do I join people at stuff when I'm not working the normal 9-to-5?
>>
>>18195322
I think that being interesting is about the way you talk about the things you do more than the things you do themselves.
Be passionate about your life and love what you're doing. Talk about things that make you happy, do more things that make you happy if you don't have anything to talk about.
>>
>>18195377

Man, if you don't have time for a life, then sorry, but what can we tell you?

You have time to roleplay, though, right? So why not join a game night at a games shop? Why not go to the movies and do some different shit outside the house?

You have to leave your home every once in a while.
>>
>>18195389
Yeah, I thought about the games shop but unfortunately it closed years before I got this job. The nearest one is probably in one of the big cities.

And we actually DON'T have much time to play, because we have to find a time when everyone has a time. As a matter of fact today's session just got cancelled under my nose as we speak. I'd been looking forward to that.

So it's 6:43 pm on a thursday. I don't have work until saturday.

What interesting can I do?
>>
>>18195369
>How? How?! HOW?!
Look, I had this same crisis when I was a kid, and because I don't know you I can't advise you exactly, but I'll give you a rundown of what I did.

I was basically a 20 year old corporate wageslave making $30k a year and spending all my spare time on masturbation and video game. I got sick of that shit.

So I quit the office job, got a job with a corporate security contractor, and moved out to the North Dakota oil fields to work armed security on oil rigs.

That was step one, got a more interesting, higher risk job.

Change my hobbies too. Deleted Steam, sold my game systems, sold most of my collectibles, and used the money from that to buy 6 months of MMA classes, and started learning the Tao of the meathead.

Didn't want to go full Bruh-Tier with my life, so I picked up a tablet and started teaching myself to do digital art and painting, made a point to visit art galleries and museums when I had some spare time.

More than that I just tried to avoid getting into ruts. After a year and a half of successful MMA classes, I switched off to Karate to mix things up. I tried out different styles with my art. I got into doing street art (old people would call it graffiti) on designated art walls.

I tried out different cool shit. I got my pilot's licence, I tried out sky diving, I took a 3 month trip to Japan to go to history museums, visit temples, and visit some extended family. I got seriously into fitness. I tried the hipster thing for a bit.

TL;DR: find something that interests you but intimidates you, and just fucking do it, but don't get obsessed, branch out and do lots of things.
>>
>>18195405
So you just quit your job and naturally assumed you'd easily find another? What year was this?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.