[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Best friend's rent went up and wants me to move in with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: 123148jve9vq9v39plybvq.jpg (98KB, 740x1110px) Image search: [Google]
123148jve9vq9v39plybvq.jpg
98KB, 740x1110px
>Best friend's rent went up and wants me to move in with him

Pros:
I can fuck my friend as much as I wanted. No homo.
It's closer to my work then where I live now. (12-15 vs 30-35 min)
Cheaper than most places in that area
He's got two cats that are fucking awesome

Cons:
Paying rent
Living with an extremely lazy smart-ass friend.
He's got two cats that shit. A lot.

As of right now I'm living rent free with my rents without any worry. Will end in a year or so though. I should be saving more of the money I make, but I'm also lazy with funds. However I do have a decent amount stashed for living on my own with crippling debt in about 3-4 years.

Thoughts? Opinions? Questions?
>>
How much is the rent?
>>
File: lolibaka.com_586104.jpg (205KB, 627x885px) Image search: [Google]
lolibaka.com_586104.jpg
205KB, 627x885px
>>18194997
$460 a month
>>
My only real problem is if I say yes and then when/if I find a better job and it requires me to move. I'll feel like shit saying, "Welp, it's been fun while it lasted, but I must move on."

Which further pulls me away from wanting to move in with any of my close friends. However out of all of them this guy I know for a fact would pay his rent.
>>
>>18195001

How much do you make a month?
Cause from what you say, the pros outweigh the cons, currently. You state that you're living rent free for now, but that will end within a year. How do you feel about your rents ( who I assume are your parents). You could still stay with them, but anything can happen within a year and it may become hard for you to get an apartment in 2018 when you have to move out. But if you do decide to move in with your friend, have a long, lengthy discussion with him. Friends assume everything will be hunky dory because they're friend, but that isn't the case most of the time. You gotta set guidelines between each other and stuff.
>>
File: tumblr_nnub1fXmYp1qacmueo1_1280.png (2MB, 826x1247px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnub1fXmYp1qacmueo1_1280.png
2MB, 826x1247px
>>18195017
Thank you man, I appreciate where you're aiming.

I make around 1,800 - 2,200 after tax each month depending on my hours. Many people come and go, but I've held on for over a year and a quarter now.

My rents have been broken up for a while now, but they stuck together for my younger brother. (Which is more then they'd do for me) Ma's fine, but step papa is a narcissistic alcoholic. So naturally I have my fair share of problem, but that's beside the point.

The thing is, I'm probably going to end up going over my friends place after work tomorrow. I'll talk, but I really do want to make any promises. Sadly I'm extremely easy to manipulate, but I try as I might to not look like an easy pray in these crazy fucked up times.

I simply do not know where I'm going or what will be to come in the future. So I'm at a crossroad in my life with lots of maintenance past due.
>>
>>18194990
Look at how much you're pissing away / spending on bullshit. Would you be able to afford rent plus bills if you stopped? Maybe it's worth it.
>>
>>18194990
Sounds worth it desu.
I'd do it for the reduced commute alone.

Also will give you a little more independance and experience when you eventually move on.

Also don't feel bad about moving out if you find a better job or whatever, sounds like you're doing your friend a favor and if they're salty that's their problem.
>>
>>18195042

No one really knows what may happen in their futures. It's pretty scary, but sometimes we must take the plunge. Hope everything goes well when you meet up with your friend.
>>
File: tumblr_nnub1fXmYp1qacmueo2_1280.png (3MB, 1264x1192px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnub1fXmYp1qacmueo2_1280.png
3MB, 1264x1192px
>>18195066
Don't get me wrong, I would love the freedom of living for myself with my best bud. I'm just somewhat leaning towards staying rent free with as much money as I can get before I have to pack my shit.

What I would love to do is to pay rent for the house I'm at now and rent that out to others, but I ain't rich. I can move in, but unlike my jobs, when is a time to start moving in another direction? I'm so fucking inexperienced with life it fucking scares me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.