[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I'm 19 and still can't drive. I know that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1471219000731.jpg (64KB, 781x552px) Image search: [Google]
1471219000731.jpg
64KB, 781x552px
Hey guys I'm 19 and still can't drive. I know that it's mostly my fault, but my father died before I was born and my mom is always busy with work . I'm a broke college kid so a driving course isn't an option desu. If any of you have any ideas please help. fyi, I also know the basics of driving and do have my permit but I've never driven a car yet.
>>
>>18194616
Have you tried asking your mom?
>>
>>18194766
Nah she works too much I don't want to get in the way
>>
>>18194784
Do you have anyone else you can ask? Uncle, cousin, friend, etc.?
>>
>>18194791
Most of my family members are kinda unknown to me and my friends don't have cars rn but they have a licenses .. I might be able to ask my uncle.
>>
>>18194616
right foot: brake, speed up.
Left foot, clutch.

Apply the right foot.
Slowly retract the clutch until you feel the engine setting in. At this point is when you slowpy apply the right foot on the speeder.

When the left foot reaches the part where the engine sets in is the magical spot.

Learn the clutch and learn this point.

Retract the left foot and just before you reach the engine setting in you apply the right foot.

At these speeds (made im km/h) shift gear.

20 km/h, shift to second.
At 30 km/h, shift to third.
at 50 km/h, shift to fourth.
At 65, 70 km/h shift to fifth.
memorize this from front to back, as these speeds are also the speeds you shift down. except for the first gear. You only shift back down to first when you come to a full stop.

Making a turn:
Shift from third to second, and make the turn at 20 km/h.

always remember to blink. You can't blink too much in order to let other cars know what youre going to do.

always orientate where you are.

the way to orientate is by looking in the rearview mirror, then the side view mirror and then you turn your head and look to see if a car is in your blind spot.

turning right:
rear view mirror, right side mirror, then turn your head back to the rightt and check the blind spot.

turning left:
rear view mirror, left side mirror, then turn your head back and check through the back left side window to check your blind spot.

Where to orientate:
turning left
turning right.
Going from right lane on highway to left lane on highway
going from left line on highway, to right line on highway.

When parking:
park the car in gear, turn off the car while applying the brake. The gear will lock the car so you don't have to apply handbrake.

Engine break:
at 80+ km/h, go from fifth to fourth
at 60 km/h shift down to third.
apply break if nessecary and go to second at 50 km/h.
at or around 20 km/h go to first.
this is to engine break in order to spare the breaks
>>
>>18194801
Welp. I don't know what tell you. People learn how in one of two ways: having a relative/friend teach them, or paying a school to teach them. The people who pay for a school -- they pay because they honestly have no one to teach them. I have a friend who paid for driving classes, something high like $400, all because her mom couldn't teach her (her driving was awful) and the dad was too tired.

There's nothing wrong with going to a school if you fall into that camp where you don't have someone to teach you. We don't all have the same opportunities; life isn't fair.

However, I will tell you, that learning how to be a good driver is something that takes time and natural ability. I've only been driving for a year and change. I drive fairly decently but that's because my mom was a good driver and gave me really good lessons and two, I'm not a distracted driver. That's it. I rarely reach for my phone, and I always have my eyes on traffic and a foot close to the break. Driving is fairly easy, it's not becoming distracted that's an issue on most drivers today.
>>
>>18194806
acquire a helim ballon and tie it to something heavy.
find a big open space where you can practice.

Put down the ballon and drive towards it.

learn when the car touches the ballon and then drive towards the balloon until you can stop the car without hitting the balloon.

Do this both ways, i.e. frontal and reversal.

this will teach you about your cars position on the road.

when parking:

when parking to the right:
drive as far left as possible or up until 6 meters away from the row of cars to your right.

when you find an open space, drive perpendicular to the row of cars until your side view mirror ligns up with the empty space, then begin to turn to your right and know your cars dimensions as to not hit the other car on the left of the open space. This will make you park your car so it stops in a straight line in the parking space.

if you want, i can try and explain how to parrallel park, but it a bit complicated so ill only try and explain it if you want me to.

When making a right turn.

Drive as close to the curb as possible as to inhibit any bicyclist to drive up on the side of you. This will force them to stop behind you, enabling you to make the turn without hitting them. But always remember when making a right turn, to orientate and watch for bikers.
>>
>>18194806
>>18194819
Kudos for putting time and effort into this. I'll save your post in case I ever decide to learn how to drive a manual.

OP, unless you're European too, I would not recommend starting to drive on a manual. From an American perspective, and I've known people have driven them, they're very annoying in traffic and very punishing to a distracted/new driver. You need a lot of patience for manual driving.
>>
>>18194819
Trucks. They're big they're heavy. They take a long time to break, so if you're turning out on a road and a truck is moving towards you, you have to assess if you can make it out on the road before it hits you.

Now if a truck is coming from the left to the right and youre turning out on the road making a left turn, you can easily make it before the truck reaches you, if the truck is at or more than ten meters away from you, whereas if you're turning to the right and it's 10 meters away, i would wait until it has passed.

Lines on the road that goes on without holes in it is to be viewed as a wall.

Dont overtake if the line on the road isn't dotted.

Don't overtake on top of a bridge or hill, as you have no idea about cars moving towards you.

when a tractor has driven on the road and spilled dirt, slow down, or you can slide in the mud making you lose control of your car.

these are some of the things you can learn on your own.

what you can't learn is what you pay for, which is the following:

Breaking instanly at high speeds in order to learn how fast you have to react in order to break at a certain distance.
Losing control of your car and what to do if you do
driving on a slippery road in order to know how to maintain control.
what to do if your car oversteers or your rear end slides.
>>
File: 8HRAZpS.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
8HRAZpS.png
42KB, 655x509px
>>18194818
Sucks I'll try to ask my uncle or just save up and maybe do it next year, I wish i had a dad desu
>>
>>18194842
this ten meters thing is only if you're a competent driver and youre already moving, you could slip by with it at ten, but if youre standing still and have to accelerate i wouldn't do it unless it was 20-17 meters away.

but if you're driving and turning to the left, i'd say at least 25-30 meters and you should be good
>>
>>18194842
Thanks for the quick guide anon I probably won't end up driving but most of this is good to know.
>>
>>18194865
Driving manual*
>>
>>18194855
I didn't either. Honestly, it doesn't bother me too much. But sometimes, when I'll see a dad's role in a movie or see a nice looking dad in public, I might have a dream of what could've been.

You shouldn't get too hung up in a fantasy world. A good quote to follow in life is by Teddy Roosevelt: "do what you can with what you have where you are."

Well anyway man, if all else fails, then just taking the lessons. I suggest you drive a beater if you don't own already. Your first car should be a piece of shit so if you wreck it or it gets taken away, it's not the end of the world. Speaking of which, if you're feeling adventurous, go practice on your own (without the license) in a mall parking lot, before/after hours, and or somewhere equally as secluded.

I don't want to get you arrested, but unless you have really bad luck, then cops don't usually stop you, and you can just go at it alone if you have the courage. I should note, this greatly varies on your city.
>>
>>18194865
>>18194871
You're very welcome.
>>
>>18194616

I'm in the same boat here at 22, I've had like 10-12 lessons total albeit spread out. I can drive okayish, but I struggle with certain things such as reversing and parking but I feel super paranoid when I'm driving along side cars or going through an area i've not been through before. Haven't gone for my P's and I know I'll be too anxious to drive on my own if I do get them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.