[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do with my life? >dropped out at 16 of HS because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Get-Your-Shit-Together-625x482.jpg (52KB, 625x482px) Image search: [Google]
Get-Your-Shit-Together-625x482.jpg
52KB, 625x482px
What do I do with my life?

>dropped out at 16 of HS because depression
>moved to new country
>now 19
>still living there, found someone special
>want to do something with my life but I don't know where to start
>scared to get a job because anxiety
>I speak two languages, which is cool in this country because tourists bring in a lot of money, but I doubt they'll hire a high school dropout

Do I need to go back to the US a couple of weeks to get a GED or am I fucked? And after that, what do I do? I don't have any hobbies, but I'm good with designing and computers. Don't know if I should make that a career.

Someone point me in the right direction. I've wanted to die for so long and need to get my shit together.
>>
>>18194531
Just on the top of my head:
>Use your languages (teaching English, tourist guide, translating for a company since you are good with computers and design, etc.)
>If you're not sure about what you'd like to do, start by finding out the things you really hate (In my case is working in an office full-time )
>Check the reasons why you're still in that country (the girl you like, the emotional distance, a fucked up family, the job opportunities, etc.)
>Look for education opportunities in the country you're living (in case you want to study a degree or something)
"Anxiety" and "depression" are words that most millenials nowadays use in order to justify their lazyness and lack of discipline. I know that because I used to think like that. Getting your shit together means getting out of your comfort zone and stop being an oversensitive twat.
>>
>>18194591
Thanks for the reply anon!

Maybe it's true that I'm lazy and lack discipline. How did you get through that?

I'm 19F and I've been with 20M for two years now and I have never been happier. We're young, but (forgive me if I'm being naive) we know we're meant for each other and want to marry once our finances are in check. We've moved in together and know everything about the other person. The only scary part is him being accepted into the US, a process which I've heard is lengthy and complicated. So honestly, I'm just here because my mom and fiance are here. Meanwhile I'd like to get a job, but I kind of fucked up and dropped out of HS.
>>
>>18194623
For me, setting short and mid-term goals did the trick. You could try that. Figure out your basic needs and expectations and sort them out by lenght and difficulty.

May I ask in which country you're currently living? Because if you're in some kind of third-world natio you may be overestimating your actual chances of getting a job.

Look at what you're saying, girl. You're a very young woman living in another country with a guy you really love. You speak two languages and on top of that, you've got your mom by your side. That's more than many people can ask for.
>>
>"Anxiety" and "depression" are words that most millenials nowadays use in order to justify their lazyness and lack of discipline. I know that because I used to think like that. Getting your shit together means getting out of your comfort zone and stop being an oversensitive twat.

There is nothing I hate more in this world than people who think their personal experience can be applied to everyone.
>>
>>18194721
I apologize for the generalization, which I think is what you're complaining about, but I must say that I feel the same way as you when it comes to people that use terms they don't really understand to play the victim card and avoid confronting their real problems. I have the impression that such is the case with OP and if not, I would really encourage her to seek proper psychological help.
>>
>>18194591
>>18194643
>>18194721
>>18194743
Anons, I got my first job! Cashier at grocery store, sure, but it's a start. Thanks for the hard love!
>>
>>18195756
Glad to hear that!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.