[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live wity my boyfriend, his friend, and that friend's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Dirty_dishes.jpg (278KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dirty_dishes.jpg
278KB, 1600x1200px
I live wity my boyfriend, his friend, and that friend's girlfriend in a somewhat small apartment. These guys are enormous slobs. Leave their shit all over every table surface for weeks, the room to their door doesn't open all the way and the only place you can step is a path between used yogurt cups and dirty clothes that leads past the computer to the bed, their cat vomits all over the place, their bathroom is growing miniature societies, they throw gum wrappers all over the ground (I have a rabbit, so this is a problem.), and they leave their dirty dishes in the sink and/or hoard them in their room. Waiting for them to do the dishes results in them using every dish, and then using all our plastic utensils and plates. I've watched the girl eat yogurt with a butter knife. They slept in sheets their cat puked on. I'm losing my mind.

I try to be a direct person, so I explained to him straight up why having a clean environment is important to me. I'm not unreasonable, and I understand casual messes exist in a space where people live, but I asked him to please have him and his girlfriend take care of the dishes they use, and I promised to do the same on my end. I told him he can do what he likes with his room and bathroom, but the main room, litter box smell, and dishes are an issue. He said it's more helpful if someone else tells him to do chores.

Of course, they're not getting done. I'm at my wit's end. What should I do? I've heard maybe I should lock up all our plates and silverware in our room, but that doesn't change the fact that if they're left with any dishes, the sink will be so full that we won't be able to do our own.
We are looking to buy a home and get out, but we're only in the early stages for now, so it's not an immediate solution, nor is it something we want to rush.

Tl;dr: roommates are literal Filth, what do? Pic isn't mine
>>
A bonus story for your entertainment: this girl eats mac and cheese every single day for dinner. I'm not shitting you. Every fucking night, it's mac and cheese. The sound of pasta hitting boiling water is enough to break me out into hives. She reuses the pot daily without cleaning it. It has a film on it and has somehow become a triangle shape. "It's only starch and water, so it's fine."
Ah... I-Is that so...?
>>
Contaminate their food with something rancid and make them get food poisoning and say "I fucking told you so"
Or wipe rabbit shit on the inside of their pillow case so they get pink eye.

I bet if they have physical consequences that show how disgusting they are then it might change. Or embarassing them to people they know irl. Or move.
>>
>>18193550
That's disgusting as fuck.

Leave them. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>18193541
Buy a gun and shoot them
Whatever. Can't make people change if you can't force them with violence.

Your story is lame

Here's my story.

Had a fat black girl as a flatmate once. She wasn't a ghetto bitch or anything. From a well off family. She was just fat and had no hygiene at all .
Like she would never shower. And she ate these Jamaican dumplings or whatever. Fried pasteries with meat inside. She smelled like them all the time.

When she entered the house, you could smell it faster than you could hear her. Like a rotten deepfryer barged through the door. Sounded like one. Probably weighed the same.

Anyways, she moved out one day while she left most of her shit. Turns out that she didn't sleep with any sheets.
Naked on her mattress.
So when we had to toss her abandoned shit, that mattress was a problem.

It weighed practically a tonne. And it was covered with period blood stains.
The rest of us wore gloves as we tried to push that nearly self-aware mostly organic mass out the door to the street

The craziest thing was as this mattress was sitting on the street. Some guy in a minivan drove up and took it in.
Holy shit
>>
>>18193541
So when is the lease up?
>>
>>18193541
Guy says it's more helpful for someone to tell him to do chores then tell him to do chores. If he doesn't immediately start chores flip the circuit breaker to his room off. Lock up your dishes in your room. Say any dish left in sink for 24 hours gets thrown away. Throw away dishes. Cat litter box needs to be in their room. If you smell litter box consider emancipating cat to the great outdoors. You either need to get drastic with these people or move out or leave in squalor.
>>
This is my first day on this board and I have to say Jesus FUCKING Christ people. Is it always like this where 9/10 times the advice is something along the lines of "just go communicate to him/her/them you absolute dumbass"?
>>
>>18193550
I do this with ramen - what's the big deal?
>>
>>18193750
Kill yourself.
>>
>>18193750
Did you go to high school? Or have parents?
>>
>>18193783
Yes and yes. I've been doing it for like 10 years, there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>18193787
I'll cook rice twice in the same pot if I've let it soak, but why would you want weird deposit in your food when it takes 5 seconds to clean it if you let it soak?
>>
>>18193811
When you boil the noodles, it kills anything that could've been growing, and actually kills more bacteria than is killed than just soaking it. You're accomplishing nothing other than an illusion of cleanliness.
>>
talk to them about whether or not htey WANT to be cleaner people.

and if they say yes, ask them if they are willing to have a reward system. such as, no wifi until after the chores are done.

if they can't agree to that well it sucks, but you might just wnat to move, that sort of horrible filthy lifestyle is hard to recover from
>>
>>18193787
Every time you're boiling water in a dirty pot, it's producing carcinogens. Furthermore, leaving food residue anywhere, especially with high fat and sodium content, will really help make a nice living space for cultures of bacteria that are by no means safe for human consumption. Why do you think people clean things? Just because they like them being clean? Wrong, dumbass.
>>
>>18193823
You're talking out your ass roastie slug. Boiled water won't kill most of that bacteria.
>>
>>18193787
>>18193823
Please, I beg you, keep using dirty dishes to cook, I really want you to get a disease and die or go impotent
>>
>>18193823
never said a thing about bacteria, why would you want the deposit that's left after you cook rice or noodles in your rice or noodles? there's always a film left if you let it dry out, why would you leave that in your plate
>>
>>18193889
Because that anon is a filthy lowlife who doesn't think twice about what they put through their intestines
>>
>>18193858
Why would boiling leftover ramen produce carcinogens but boiling the original ramen not produce carcinogens?
>>18193877
If boiled water doesn't kill most of bacteria, why does every public health agency on the planet suggest that people boil contaminated water before drinking it?
>>18193889
Because there's no harm to it. I understand a subjective revulsion to it, I'm just arguing that it's not inherently harmful.
>>
>>18193925
lmgtfy.com/filthymotherfuckerswerenevertaughthowtowashadish
>>
>>18193541
Clean the apartment and do the dishes?
>>
Tell them to cut back on the weed
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.