[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got an audition for university this month for a drama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: theater_masks_silhouette.png (364KB, 8600x5101px) Image search: [Google]
theater_masks_silhouette.png
364KB, 8600x5101px
I've got an audition for university this month for a drama degree. The audition process is that they want a "60-90 second solo speech from any play of your choice."
There's no mention of genre, whether it should be old or modern, nothing, just "of my choosing"
That category's too broad and I'm shitting it because I don't know what to do. What minute-and-a-half monologue out there can get me through this?
>>
>>18193215
If you are up for the challenge, do Rick's rant at the end of the first episode of season 1 or 3 of Rick and Morty
>Bring back the Szechuan sauce!
>>
>>18193215
Stay away from Shakespeare but don't go to edge or modern
>>
>>18193215

>I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you.

With dramatic pauses, motioning and gestures, this can be dragged to 60 seconds.
>>
I was thinking of doing Atticus' closing court speech from To Kill a Mockingbird but a condensed version, though I'm not sure if it's technically considered a "solo speech" because I'm addressing other people
god i want to kill myself
>>
>>18193266
Isn't that not a play though?

You could do some kind of thing from moliere or someone. Or maybe like, Tennessee Williams or Brecht. Or Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf.
>>
>>18193238
That'd be awesome
>Look on their faces when they realize it's just Taken
>>
I think I'm more worried about doing a speech that's not remarkable
If I could just ask someone who's in the same position as me, 'what are you doing?' I'd feel somewhat better..
*I can't post these as replies for some reason*
>>
>>18193215

Ignore the other suggestions in this thread OP, the university has asked that you perform a short monologue from a PLAY.

You'd best start reading play scripts that are popular or interesting to you. Try to select a short monologue that is emotionally powerful but avoid melodrama.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.