[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I'm in a sticky situation with a roommate and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/ I'm in a sticky situation with a roommate and I need help.

My roommate claims to have Borderline Personality Disorder. However, she seems to use it as an excuse for her poor impulse control and manipulation shit (I'd move out but I am under poverty line and finding a new place is out of the question atm)
Before I moved in, she got a cat from a rescue center that she admitted was an impulse buy later on. She's a sweet black/siamese cat named Luna, only about a year old.

Well, turns out Luna has worms, specifically tapeworms. We don't know if the rescue center neglected to actually treat her, but they said if Luna had worms to contact them. My roommate just decided to not do that.
Well, shortly after I moved in, I rescued a cat as we had discussed and planned. She's a wonderful cat and turned out to be pregnant, and now is the mother of 5 sweet kittens (all calico too). We have homes set up for them and I prepared as needed to make sure they have everything they need, and I'm planning on their vet visit to get everything started for them.

Now, in the time of me moving in, getting my own cat, and her having kittens, it's been about... 2.5 months. Luna still hasn't been treated for worms. She has a potbelly going on and is constantly crying for food and always hungry.
It makes me feel so bad for her, cause I can't afford to take her to the vet myself, otherwise I would. Meanwhile, my roommate spent $200 on makeup right out of her paycheck and will eat out all the time and get other frivolous things she doesn't need, but then lament that she can't take Luna to the vet.

The kittens can be at risk of getting tape worms cause kittens try to eat everything and I can see it being a possibility of them trying to eat Luna's poo if I let them venture out of the bedroom. Also, this poor cat is suffering because of medical neglect.(1/2)
>>
No offense but what can we personally do? Ask your friends for help/advice, ask your parents. As a last resort, take Luna with you and plop her down in front of the vet and explain the situation maybe.

Just a thought.

People really shouldn't get pets if they don't intend to actually spend money on them for any reason. I really don't like cats but it's incredibly easy to care for them. She sounds like a terrible person. Who can't afford a few cents for wet cat food?
>>
I afraid of bringing it up with my roommate cause of her guilt tripping and manipulation, and her boyfriend has anger issues and I don't want that aggression on me. Also, they've been pretty disrespectful to me, so I feel it'll fall on deaf ears.

I want to report this to a local shelter or aspca, but I'm also afraid that if I do and action is taken, my roommate will know it was me and kick me out (I'm not on the lease yet cause she doesn't fucking know how leases work and didn't check that all before looking for another roommate).

So what do I do? Do I risk becoming homeless for the sake of a cat, or sit there and watch the poor baby suffer? (2/2)
>>
>>18192630
I can't take Luna to the vet cause I can't afford to pay for her vet bill when I have my own cat to care for.
Also, it isn't a matter of getting her food, it's the fact that Luna needs treatment and won't get better until she does. Feeding her more won't fix the problem.
>>
>>18192601
Women are the biggest animal abusers
>>
Just mention it in a way that isn't accusatory. She'll only get mean if she gets defensive.

Say something like "hey, do you mind if I take Luna to the shelter to get her worms fixed? My kittens have been sticking their nose into lots of stuff lately and I wouldn't be able to afford treatment if they got worms also"

You could even lie to make it sound more serious than it is, like "hey, have you noticed Luna dry-heaving a lot lately? I was in the room the other day and I was worried she was having a seizure. Maybe we should take her to the vet sometime to make sure she's ok?"
>>
>>18192784
when I mentioned the concern of the kittens, she said that tape worms weren't contagious, so she won't believe that lil schtick.
However, I could try the dry heaving thing, I'll just try to think of a time when both she and her boyfriend aren't there.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.