[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you restart and set up new goals for yourself? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1379103562250.jpg (56KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1379103562250.jpg
56KB, 403x403px
How do you restart and set up new goals for yourself?

I'm 30 and recently left a pretty high powered corporate position for a big company for my age. But the stress and anxiety were ripping me apart at the seams, and when they asked me to take over a big operation I have no experience in for our biggest market, I told them thanks but no thanks, and left to a smaller startup... which was a disaster, so I quit within two months, and now I'm unemployed.

Now I don't know what I want to do. The stress wasn't worth it and I didn't like my life where I was, so I don't want to go back to that corporate lifestyle. I don't want kids or a family, either. I basically don't have anything to aim for anymore, and all I want to do is sit here.

What do I do to set up goals again?
>>
>>18189032
>no kids or family
Sorry OP, but that is what is written in your DNA. Also what for do you use money if not for securing some qtie and providing for your babies?

Look for job and gf at the same time. With your age and money, i bet you will find gf sooner than job.

>>>/okcupid/
>>
It would to know what your job was and what skills you have...
>>
>>18189040
Wtf kind of advice is that, lots of people don't want kids.
>>
>>18189046
Yea and once they hit 40 they realize how bad choice they made but it is usually too late both for females with only-autism-eggs left and males which dont have enough money to surrogate some gold digging whore into marriage.

What else is there to say? Buy expensive car, drugs, move to different country? Travel a lot? That all just buys some time until you realize you are where you started.

But some people (at least) looks happy with their partners. And sometimes it looks like it even gave their lives purpouse.

Sometimes the way to happiness is to make somebody else happy.
>>
>>18189040

I can use money to have nice things, live in a nice area, drive a nice car, go golf when I'd like, travel, go to sporting events, or use my money on securing multiple QTs instead of one. Everyone I know my age with babies and salaried office jobs are hugely unhappy because they never get any time with their kids and they never get to sleep. They get to maybe read the kids a bedtime story and eat dinner with them and spend a little time on the weekends. I value my freedom too much when I do have it.

>>18189041
I was a Vice President of Digital Media Marketing for a well known international hotel/resort chain. My market was the biggest in the company.
>>
>>18189041
>>18189083

Forgot to say I have 5 years of Digital Media agency experience, an MBA, and before that, was in digital marketing/social media/community management from the time I was 15 on a volunteer level.
>>
>>18189064

I'm sorry, but taking the risk of having a family **hoping** I'll be happy with them is an awfully big risk. There's a fuckton of divorce out there. My parents got divorced (and remarried), my mom holds my dad hostage by threatening to divorce him all the time and take his money, I cost my parents a bunch of money and was a big pain in the ass...

I've seen my friends be absolute shitbags to their parents despite having all of the best things in the world afforded to them, I see unhappy parents that I work with, I see loveless relationships more often than I see happy ones, all because people are afraid of being alone.

To me, it's not really a goal. And even still, you can't really work toward a relationship as a goal, you have to get lucky. There's no tangible steps to getting into a relationship with someone you like, like there is getting a position you want.
>>
>>18189106
Looks like my posts hitted too close to home :-)

Do you know why there are a lot of unhappy people in relationships? Because life isnt ideal. Some people believe in god because when they look around all they see is unfair shit.

But what is better? To aim at stars and "get burned" with divorce and few kids or to stay low whole life wondering what if it could have been better?

And to find a qtie, all you have to do is find somebody whose life values are similiar to your own. Most man thinks with their penis in this regard and woman are illogical whole time.

I say go aim at starts and stop thinking that kids or wife cost too much money. You literally exchange your time on this planet for money. But what do you do with the money?

Try asking your parents if they are sorry for having babies. Or better ask them how to find partner which you dont threaten with divorce to stay loyal to you :-D
>>
>>18189123

>But what is better? To aim at stars and "get burned" with divorce and few kids or to stay low whole life wondering what if it could have been better?

Seriously? Option #2 is BY FAR better. My uncle, who was a molecular biologist, swallowed a fucking bullet last year in his one bedroom apartment, and blamed his ex-wife for it in his goodbye. He died with half of his money gone, in his sixties, making less money than I do because half of his income was going to a woman who just decided she was done. That's certainly not better than the "what if."

No, my parents aren't sorry for having me, but I was definitely an accident, unplanned, and their lives would be a lot easier without me. They wouldn't be remarried without me, and they would have gone back about their happy divorced lives instead of dealing with me.

Anyways, I don't want to make this thread about kids. I don't want to have them. I want to find a way to set new goals. If people have any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.
>>
>>18189040
The 1950's called, it says it wants it's speech back
>>
>>18189154
>swallowed a fucking bullet
Ok, i baby fanatic is out. I will look at thread tommorow to see any great ideas will come by.

Tried art OP? Literature? Science? Music?

>>18189155
Nice one, but where is constructive criticism anon? This is not how you make disscussion rolling.
:-D
>>
Advice from a wise anon , no matter what u do, there are no bad decisions. If I were u I would do whatever makes me Happy, so what if ur friends all married and having kids. u live for your self, not others
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.