[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aspie needs advice. So I had no friends and I've been going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: yikrpd5jT.gif (48KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
yikrpd5jT.gif
48KB, 640x442px
Aspie needs advice.

So I had no friends and I've been going to a few church things.

I met two people who are 'friends' now.

I've not had friends for awhile, so I'm not sure what to expect

Like I got invited to a dinner, but a few hours later the guy didn't send me any of the details and hasn't replied in 3 days?

Young adults (21-25)
>>
>>18188164
did you text back "Ya, sure i don't have anything going on." or something along those lines, because thats a normal response for something like that.
>>
I've genuinely cared about their opinions and I don't think I've been rude.

It's just not clicking so much.

I really don't know where I'm going wrong.

I even watched a few quick rundowns of how to win friends and influence people.

They say I'm really in touch, and kind of encourage me, I told them I don't have any other friends.

So one of them introduced me to two of his friends and I kinda fizzled. They were very explicit in saying 'Bye Anon'

It's like they were told I have no friends so I think they're just talking to me out of pity a bit?

>>18188169
Yeah
>>
>>18188174
>It's like they were told I have no friends so I think they're just talking to me out of pity a bit?
The only thing you didn't do tha well was telling you have no friends. Fake it till you make it nigga, it's time you reinvent yourself.
>>
I was willing to go to church.

The other way I can meet people is through my university lectures and stuff, but there's only 4 other people (Ethnically similar)

and I think beyond that it's a big stretch to try to make connections.

I didn't talk to anyone in the first four weeks because of domestic violence where I lived and I was really down.

I can probably try to branch out and not rely solely on the Church, are there any other ideas for someone people just feel sorry for me?

I'm not too keen on friends in my course, because they're all carrying macbooks and stuff where as I have two year old nikes a pen and paper.
>>
>>18188177
I thought the Christians would be understanding and help me more if I was honest.
>>
>>18188181
ooh, interesting digits :)
>>
>>18188181
You only had the best of intents. But people just don't care that much. They want to befriend a cool guy who thy can talk to well and who's got shared interests. You are that guy. Just don't whine about being lonely, be social and you're good
>>
One of them said he's going offline to study and they're still online 10 minutes later

It's fine but I think they're not being honest with me
>>
>>18188193
mh I was showing one Schubert the other day he said it he liked it.

Like I'm not that close to them but they seem to like me, it's just I got diagnosed as an aspie recently so I'm second guessing my interactions.
>>
>>18188199
>mh I was showing one Schubert the other day he said it he liked it.

I'm in a crowded train and nearly lol'd. But at the same time this made me get feels.
>>
Don't overthink it bro, these people probably want to like you, just try liking them back.
>>
>>18188195
There just isn't that much honesty left in the world pal. People find it too convenient to lie and bullshit their way through anything. Even when it's unnecessary, they do it by nature. It's some kind of defense mechanism in our dna. That test where you ask a child if they're the culprit and they always say no when they are.

You just kind of have to deal with it. There's different levels to friends. Everything is relevant to your own person. So in your case (imo) the people you've found are just friends. Maybe they aren't close friends but they can get there some day.

You do have to call people out on bullshit when you need to. Real friends appreciate truth and command respect for everyone for it.
>>
>>18188239
THIS. I'm finding this out more every day. I had a similar situation this weekend, had to go to a party with people I didn't know very well. It turned out great! Just go to the dinner.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.