[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince my shrink that I actually have mental problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1598.jpg (117KB, 512x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1598.jpg
117KB, 512x810px
How do I convince my shrink that I actually have mental problems that need to get looked at?

He uses circular logic to insist that I'm fine, and chews up all my proof into such little shreds that there's no hope of defending all of them, and once I give up on one, they're all lost.

He insists I don't have mental issues just because I can't tolerate sexual situations, because not everyone likes sex with strangers. My difficulties to even start a romantic relationship can't be because of this inability because relationships aren't just all about sex. That I should be dating other asexuals, who do not exist in this town which I can't leave because I have no proper higher education.

I can't be stuck in this town against my will because I have no career-applicable interests and I can't manage studying a subject I have no interest in (my last attempt put me into a mental ward for a week before I gave up).

He has decided I don't want to be loved and I don't understand how to tell him otherwise.
>>
Get a professional second opinion.
>>
>>18187475

we had this thread last week. just get a new shrink.

as for your sexphobia, either get over it or get over dating. everyone has a cross to bare, this one is yours.
>>
>>18187480
How? Where?
>>
>>18187488
How do I get over it?

I'd be fine if it if it didn't hurt.
>>
>>18187493

>how do i get over it

you etiher make your self get over it, or you dont. getting over something doesn't mean solving the problem, it means getting over the problem.

only oyu can decide if you can get over it. and if not, then thats fine too. im not dating material, id like to date, but its just not the best route for me. so i pick the lesser of two evils and simply enjoy everything else the world has to offer.
>>
>>18187489
Well you found the one shrink alright, maybe go looking there again?
>>
>>18187500

theres only one shrink in my entire town.
>>
>>18187499
I'd be fine with dating if I could only not cry after getting fucked. I can never hide it well enough and people don't like it if you cry.

>>18187500
He was assigned to me by a physical doctor who DID think I have a problem.

>>18187505
Not OP, go troll somewhere else.
>>
>>18187518
Ask for another shrink.
Date an asexual person.
Find a man who is so desperate for companionship he won't mind the lack of sex.
>>
>>18187505
So you might have to drive a town over. Oh noes.
>>
>>18187518

>id be fine dating if i could only not cry

sure, but lets assume you cant stop crying, that there isn't a cure, like how a man who broke his leg might never be able to play sports but can live an otherwise normal life.

can you live with that? cuz right now you are trapped in a loop of
>i cant date without sex
>but i cant sex wtihout crying
>and people wont date someone who cries during sex
>>
>>18187518

>he was assigned to me by my normal doctor

then just look up another one in your area nad go see him/her instead.
>>
>>18187522
I'm not associated with the clinic who assigned me the first shrink anymore.

There are no gays or asexuals in this town and a straight guy would just get bored of it, get me drunk and rape me.

>>18187529
I'd be fine if a guy was willing to actually comfort me when it's over but they just get mad I'm ruining whatever euphoria they get from sex.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you fuck me I'll cry, no matter how nice or gentle you are about it.

>>18187530
By *a* normal doctor, on a speciality clinic halfway across the country for an issue I don't get treated there anymore.

I don't have doctor. That's not how it works around here.
>>
>>18187551

>you can't have your cake and eat it too

and neither can you. and in this cake your cake is a relationship, and eating it is having men conform to your broken sexuality.

you are saying this like its strange for men to want sex without you crying. by your own admission its not their fault. so why should any man want to be with you?

your sexuality is broken. that sucks. so either get over it, fix it, or let go of the idea of having a relationship.

YOU can't have your cake and eat it too.

>i don't have a doctor. thats not how it works around here?

you dont have doctors where you are but you have shrinks that are recomended by doctors halfway across the country?

either explain your fucking situation or the thread will get deleted cuz you're wasting peoples time.
>>
>>18187557
I was assigned to a speciality clinic a long drive over for a reason irrelevant to this matter. Over there when asked about my sexual history I admitted to letting men fuck me despite of not wanting to get fucked, and the speciality doctor decided that that was not OK and had a shrink assigned to me in my home town.

Which part of this is unclear?
>>
>>18187570

>i don't have a doctor. thats not how it works around here?

that part. where the fuck do you live and what are the rules for medical and mental treatment?
>>
>>18187576
Universal health care. I call a hospital and say I need a doctor. At a doctor I say I need a shrink. They'll assign me a shrink.

If they don't think I need one they'll tell me to fuck off. If I already have one they'll tell me to fuck off.

But if I leave this one the next one will probably just be worse.
>>
>>18187590

>universal health care

doesn't tell us where you live, just the kind of place you live in, so we can't dive into specifics, tell you what the loopholes or work arounds are.

ultimately your entire life boils down to this
>i could try, but i assume trying will make things worse, so instead i will come here and complain

there's a vent thread for that. but if your answer to advice is 'I JUST ASSUME THINGS WILL GET WORSE' then you don't want advice, now do you?
>>
It is completely normal for a shrink to listen to your problems and then try to get you to challenge them. They aren't really supposed to tell you what to do, but they should pose questions which get you to doubt your strongly held positions, especially if they are circular ones. Most people get frustrated and angry because they assume they aren't being heard or taken seriously, at least at first, but eventually realise they are going to a shrink to air and process issues and commit to doing self work. Otherwise why go? They aren't there to just confirm that you are fucked up and irredeemably helpless.
>>
>>18187475
>asexual

Look kiddo, you are either gay or you're not. All these other made up "sexualities" are pure bologna.

The fact you actually identify as this is indicative that you are a self-directed egoist. A special snowflake.

Until you learn to have a spine, take responsibility, and focus more outward; you will never solve this laughable "issue" with your shrink. My advice is, next time you see him, ask him how you can be a better person.
>>
>>18187608
Well, he's so far been as good as nothing so I'm just going to quit going.

>>18187616
I don't believe in asexuality. That's a word *he* brought up, not me.

I just hate getting fucked.
>>
>>18187551
>a straight guy would just get bored of it, get me drunk and rape me.
what

seriously this mindset is sick indeed
>>
you set a chain of bullshit to protect you and it answers to everything with
>i cant
meaning you arent responsible for anything

the shrink is trained to rip apart these made up shackles
its funny how you dont see how full of shit you are

>i cant i cant i cant i cant

you can, you just choose to wallow in your self pity
what a joke of a person
>>
The problem with counseling is that in its core it is about trusting someone else's opinion and values more than your own. The more specific and esoteric the subject the more influence you are granting this other person. On common problems the advice can be almost universal, but at least be aware of the limits counseling has to solve your specific problems for you.
>>
>>18187475
I live in a medium-sized midwestern city (200k people with a downtown area). The rent is $500 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment in a low crime area that I split with a roommate -- utilities average out to $150 with internet and power. I work for $8.50/hr for ~30 hours a week and have enough money to pay for everything except car insurance on my own and have enough money for savings left over.

Don't say that you can't move out of your shit town. I have no proper higher education and I manage fine.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.