[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is it obvious that I should just give up? I'll keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: T-Rex.gif (128KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
T-Rex.gif
128KB, 500x384px
When is it obvious that I should just give up?

I'll keep it short and simple: i dont have any friends, never have, likely never will. Here's the thing though, I'd like to have friends, I'd like to have people to care about and that care about me.

Every time I try to reach out to other people, like at work or wherever, they start pulling away and treating me coldly. Afaik, I don't act exceptionally creepy, they just don't want anything to do with me that doesn't involve me doing something for them.
>>
>>18185972
I know dem feels.

Insist. If they feel unconfortable, fuck them, you did your best.

Just no rapey rapey ok?
>>
>>18185972
>at work

Work is work, it's not a social event. You need to do this in your free time. Try to pick up social hobbies that involve other people whom you frequently see and interact with. Friendship doesn't happen when one party wants it to. It happens over long-term exposure, similar likes/interests and after some time that is spent to get to know each other. For this end hobbies are a good option, but you still need to make the effort.
>>
>>18185983

I understand work is work, but I see how the same people that i try to be friends with and react poorly are all buddy buddy with just about everybody else at work
>>
>>18185983
>Work is work, it is not a social event
Uh, yeah it is.
>gotta bullshit your way through interviews
>deal with many bosses and treat them somehwat like Hank does with Strickland
>treat your coworkers kinda like buddies as you trudge through a day of mentally burning out
>wash rinse and repeat

You must network in any job. It might not intentionally be a social event, but it is. You may not make true friends (a meme, but I dgress), but in the end, you've at least made a buddy or two.

This is just coming from a guy who works in a kitchen, but mileage varies.

HOWEVER, don't go all "HOW IDS UR DAY, WOT HAPPND, WOTS UR BACKSTORY???" or more of that shit (especially don't during work), but don't be a massive wallflower like I was during my first week.
>>
You dont need friends. They'll just end up disapointing you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.