[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any experience working abroad? I'd love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1485510674036.jpg (91KB, 723x290px) Image search: [Google]
1485510674036.jpg
91KB, 723x290px
Does anyone have any experience working abroad? I'd love to hear some experiences and cautionary tales.

Long story short, I need a change of scenery. I have a useless liberal arts degree, and a paradoxically more useless post-graduate certification. I know for a fact I could go to South Korea and get a half decent public sector job teaching, but ideally I'd like to go to the U.K., New Zealand,or Australia. I'm not even sure what's available outside of teaching, and I worry "middle-management salesperson" isn't adequate experience to justify hiring a foreign national for anything else.
>>
>>18185951
Working abroad is not as effective as getting your foot in the door at a law firm, with respect to liberal arts degrees.

If you have family in South Korea, then that might be a good path. You should only go there if you are sure it will be a good idea for the rest of your life.
>>
>>18185985
That's not quite why I want to move.

Right now I'm young enough that reasonably I could established myself if I like it there, and if I don't, I can chalk it up to quality life experience. I don't really care how much money I make, as long as I have reasonable medical coverage and enough money to live, I really just want to go somewhere else for a few years.
>>
>>18186006
>I really just want to go somewhere else for a few years.

Then, you should do peace corps.
>>
>>18185951

UK isn't a good idea with that degree
>>
>>18186120
Well, my specific bachelor's degree is Political Science and Cultural Studies with a specialization in writing and narration, while my post-grad is in Emergency Management and Business Continuity, so while I'm pretty useless, I'm not completely useless.
>>
>>18185951
I can only say I'm planning the same thing. Canada is looking good for me, although I'm from the UK...

The UK is undergoing fairly turbulent times at the moment, and whilst it's probably not going to be a problem for you, it's worth thinking twice about coming here.
>>
>>18186134
>Emergency Management and Business Continuity

Sounds like you would do fine in peace corps.

https://www.peacecorps.gov/volunteer/volunteer-openings/
>>
>>18186374
Are there only volunteer positions? I don't have enough money to finance myself going on wild excursions and the like.
>>
>>18186374
>>18186407
Also, I don't live in the United States, I'm from Canada.
>>
>>18185951
Working a broad is difficult and differs depending on who it is. This is one of those things you just have to get a feel for but once you do, everything will seem easy.
>>
>>18185951
>New Zealand,or Australia
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>18186415
They give you some money if you are a U.S. citizen.

Since I know you are a Canadian, now I can recommend that you: spend the summers up north where you can study the local culture to help with business; and then spend your winters working with aid groups someplace warmer, maybe the Philippines.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.