[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to become a teacher in the US? Not a college professor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1373013068418.jpg (66KB, 512x548px) Image search: [Google]
1373013068418.jpg
66KB, 512x548px
How hard is it to become a teacher in the US? Not a college professor or even a high school teacher necessarily, but like a straight up K-12. From what I'm reading, even just a degree isn't quite all you have to do.

I think I would LOVE to teach little kids, they're awesome. But I feel like at age 26 with no degree and a bad job history the odds might be stacked against me. Even if it seems like something I'd REALLY love to do, would it be worth it all? I know that most teachers get paid like shit but I'm not even that concerned about money.

Tell me exactly how stupid of an idea this is.
>>
It's not hard at all, considering the trash we have as teachers today.

Just do us a favor and don't be that bulldyke math teacher that genuinely ruins male's homework. We actually had that happen here.
>>
>>18185901
I have no idea what the fuck you mean by that, but unless the subject I was teaching was politics or history, I wouldn't bring any sort of bullshit politics into my teaching.
>>
>>18185890
My gf is on the brim of become a teacher. 4 year degree in education, and a few certifications that are fairly easy to receive. It's not hard, but it's not easy. It takes a lot of work. It also depends your state. I believe in Hawaii, Alaska, and Utah they're desperate enough that you don't need a degree.
>>
>>18185890
not very difficult. the country has a teaching defecit rn, because pay isnt great and the work can be very trying on your patience at times (from dealing with students and administrative decisions that may affect your teaching style).

that said, just get a degree in what youd like to teach, then get your masters in edu. i think that people without a masters can work as TA's, but obviously the pay and responsibility arr severely lower than those for a regular teacher. you can do it if thats what youre passionate about OP
>>
>>18185911
Exactly how bad is the pay? I know that kind of depends on the state (cost of living and all that), but I've heard repeatedly that teachers make almost nothing relative to the effort put in.
>>
>>18185921
Not a teacher here but honestly I get a little butthurt when teachers complain about this. Pay can range a lot state to state and school to school but I would guess the national average lands around $35k-40k annualy. But that seems pretty good to me for working 3/4ths of a year and having ~2 months off.
>>
>>18185890
>Not a college professor or even a high school teacher necessarily
>but like a straight up K-12

You meet the qualifications!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.