[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I quit gaming a few days ago because I noticed that it influenced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: gaming-28646-1680x1050.jpg (138KB, 1518x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gaming-28646-1680x1050.jpg
138KB, 1518x1000px
I quit gaming a few days ago because I noticed that it influenced my life in a very negative way most of the time.

So I deleted the system on my computer and put it in the cellar.
Now I am only on my working laptop that has no games on it and can't even run most games.

Problem is I am slowly starting to lose my mind. To be honest I really had a problem with gaming and spent basically every free minute on it. Now there is this massive void that I can't fill. I am already doing many things to occupy my time like drawing, programming, building shit and obviously working. But that somehow can't satisfy me. I feel like I need some action, everything is too calm. I need to win.

I am so tense all the time because I have no valve to release this pressure and it is changing my behaviour towards my family in a negative way.

I know I am very competitive and now I have no way to satisfy this urge. I just want to win something because I am better then someone else. This is a fucking awful feeling. I know it sounds like I am a massive douchebag but I can't suppress my feelings.

The fact that I am currently living with my parents and my mum spents every waking minute of her day trying to connect with me is not helping either.

How do you guys deal with that kind of stuff? Any advice?
>>
9mm aspirin usually does the trick
>>
play a sport, like tennis. or maybe even pool. those are fun. if nothing helps go back to gaming, you can't escape gaming. If gaming makes you happy and feel like a winner
>>
>>18185693
When I quit gaming, I took up more productive hobbies.

I got /fit/
I'm learning to draw
I'm reading more than ever
I go out with my friends more often
I even started learning Spanish

Figure out productive ways to spend your free time.
>>
>>18185721
>>18185733

yes yes, I expected this kind of comments. still thanks for taking the time for replying

>>18185740
But don't you have the feeling that you are missing out on a more... primal part of life? I know, learning things and shaping your body are all good things and things that you benefit heavily from. But I somehow have the feeling that there is no way to actually use the skills that you spend so much time on developing. You do most things just because of the sake of doing it.
What is the purpose of getting fit? What is the purpose of learning Spanish? What is the purpose of anything you do your whole day? I want to develop skills and actually use them in a serious situation.
That is what gaming gave me. I sucked at the beginning. But I tried over and over till I was so good that I could beat most of my opponents.
Like I said: maybe some people are okay with studying their whole life. But I am a competitive person.
I think I already know the answer to my problem but I still want to hear the opinion of other people.
>>
>>18185774
You like fighting and competition so try picking up a hobby that involves that, like BJJ or wrestling or football.

>But I somehow have the feeling that there is no way to actually use the skills that you spend so much time on developing. You do most things just because of the sake of doing it.

Part of this is true, but you're seeing it incorrectly. Someone learns to draw because they want to be able to draw better. That's not a bad thing that they are just learning how to draw because they want to be able to draw, it's the whole point! Some skills come in with drawing like increased fine motor skills and a better perception of the visual world, but ultimately the point of hobbies is going to be whatever personal reasons and benefits you feel you'll get from it.

>That is what gaming gave me. I sucked at the beginning. But I tried over and over till I was so good that I could beat most of my opponents.

What skills did you develop from gaming? What else can you think of that also has these things?
>>
>>18185774
>>18185693

I can beat the shit out of you at any game you want (I play around 4-5 hours a week tops nowadays). How worthless does that make you feel?
>>
>>18185828
I doubt that. And even if, I don't have to prove myself to random internet neckbeards.

But if you really want to get fucked I can crush you in LoL. ()
>>
>>18185806
The thing I think could help me is getting into something weird like airsoft or sword fighting. I know, this is edgy af but I thing this is the only solution.
>>
>>18185847
>LoL

lol. Have a nice life, man.
>>
>>18185828
>I can beat the shit out of you at any game you want
>lol. Have a nice life, man.

pussying out so fast? Like I expected anything else from you.
>>
>>18185859
Why does it have to be weird?
>>
>>18185872
What else do you suggest?
>>
>>18185876
I mean I would suggest more mainstream stuff because you'd be able to build friendships through it, and it's usually less expensive.
>>
That one anon suggested a sport and you completely ignored the advice. Gaming itself is a sport, but if you think it's affecting you in a negative way then simply pick up another sport. Chess, card games, anything..
>>
>>18185909
but I hate normies like most people on 4chan...

another thing I considered is starting a organization to take over the westernized european countries. I personally am from Germany and our head of nation is a fucking joke.
>>
>>18185929
Yeah, I started so many sports in my life, I can't count it any more.
The problem I have every time is those fixed dates that you have attend to. I am a very freedom loving human and don't want anything to take my freedom.
>>
>>18185942
But I think it also conflics with my way of life. I am away from home for days on a regular basis and having to attend to a sports meeting 2-3 times a week would prevent that.
>>
>>18185693
Allocate time for gaming and listen to something enriching in the background.

Stop reading and watching random things on the internet, instead. Web browsing is usually worse than gaming.

You might want to play a game that is more family-friendly, because those are tested to have fewer negative effects.

I gave up the controller for a set length of time, and it mostly gave me a craving to play Pokémon.

>I know I am very competitive and now I have no way to satisfy this urge. I just want to win something because I am better then someone else.

You need to pick a skill and practice it more than anyone else. Memorize something career-oriented more often than you play games. Test yourself, and if you do not do well enough, study instead of playing the game.
>>
Okay guys OP here.
I decided to become demigod in fighting.
Watch for Philipp from Germany. Called it. Though it will appear in 2-3 years from now. Screenshoted.
>>
File: that's all.jpg (91KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
that's all.jpg
91KB, 509x339px
>>
>>18185935
confirmed troll or insane

if you're serious, kid, go play sports. If you quit video games you're going to become a normie to some degree, don't fight it. Go join the local adult kickball league; call your park district and ask them about recreational sports leagues.
>>
>>18185984
stay average. you will achieve nothing in your life.
>>
since you don't want to play sports just go back to playing games nigga. don't be dumb about it though. set aside a very small portion of time in your schedule to get your fix, while continuing your new hobbies as usual.

lifting will also probably help you. it can feel competitive in a way as you see yourself growing past your peers and it's also good for your health both physically and mentally.
>>
File: 1482272249166.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1482272249166.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>18185693
I know that feeling my dude, I've quit gaming 3months ago and I have the same side effects as you do now, I uninstalled all my games instantly, but let me tell you that that isn't enough, first you've got to understand WHY you are quiting and HOW LONG you are gonna be out of it, but I've read that you already have your motives, second you have to replace your old habits with new ones cause otherwise you'll think of it nonstop whenever you got free time, you also and most importantly have to UNDERSTAND how unnecessary and SENSELESS games are, for me it was easy since I've played repetitive games like MOBAs and shooters, but still games are no more than time wasting habits.
I've quit gaming cause my life has been the same shit for so long that nothing could make me smile or just find a reason to do anything, now I'm doing lots of different things just for the sake of experimenting, I'm growing a mane cause that's what I've wanted to do since I was a kid, I bought an harmonica so I could learn how to play at least one instrument, I've taken classes to learn how to drive, gonna hit the gym next week, listen to new music, and reunite with all friends that I've lost contact with. Im doing this to change my life and improve myself as a person, grow and build important things for myself, things that really matter.
I can't tell you what to do, that's for you to decide but I can say that you have to try new things and realize how much of a time and money wasting games are.
I really hope you get through this my dude, once you get out of that bottomless pit you'll see life with different eyes and you'll enjoy it, also don't get mad with your mom she's noticed a change in you and she's just doing whatever she can just to not let you go back.
Games literally give you nothing (don't pull the eSPORT meme please, just don't) that skill you say is just useless and empty, you won't use it anywhere else than in your night play while you are alone in the dark.
>>
Well this thread has inspired me to sell my Xbox 360 and its 18 games. Hopefully I'm going in the right direction.
>>
>>18185693
I smoke weed and limit my gaming hours to 2 hours a day. Judging from your addiction you'll probably lack the discipline. Either that or find some actual friends. Having a sociable busy life fills that void quickly. Of course if you are a shut-in then that doesn't work either. If so then i suggest commiting to your addiction and go full no-life mode and become god amongst gamers.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.