[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i tell my friends that only see the happy side of my that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

how do i tell my friends that only see the happy side of my that i've been suffering from depression, anxiety and anger management for the last 3 years, i'm tired of hiding it, i want them to take me seriously but it's hard when i'm the clown of the group.
>>
>>18185193
happy side of me*
>>
>>18185193
You don't.
You go to therapy and talk about it with a therapist. You bring up the reasons why you're depressed/anxious and let your friends cheer you up.
>>
>>18185199
I started talking to a therapist about 2 months ago after i opened up to my mum, a friend of mine committed suicide on Jan 2nd, i don't want to end up that way. Why can't i let my friends know.
>>
I assume you just have to find a right moment and start saying how you feel.
Maybe you could start opening up with the closest you have, or simply the one that could get what you're saying better.
It's a good thing you want to talk about your depression, really.
>>
>>18185204

Because it's not your friends' problem to deal with. Sort your own shit out.
>>
>>18185204
Because that's not their role.
>>
>>18185214
I'm worried about their reaction, what i'm scared most of is that they won't take me seriously and be like 'oh anon, you're laughing and telling jokes all the time'.

It feels wrong to me when i have just had a shitty ass day and i get on discord to talk to my friends and im forced to act happy because thats what i feel they expect of me.
>>
>>18185216
>>18185217
You're acting like i'm trying to make this their problem, all i want to do is let them know.
>>
>>18185221
Why do you need to tell them?
Just joke around less, and if they ask you why mention you're having a bad period without going on and on about how depressed and anxious you are.
Don't pretend to be happy if you aren't, but don't use your friends as therapists.
>>
>>18185219
Yeah I get that, and probably you'll have to repeat it a couple of times before they start taking you seriously about it.
But then, they'll understand. Saying it doesn't mean to get whiney or anything, you just want them to know you're facing this huge thing.
To be honest, I think it's their right to know. I can't imagine how awful it feels to find out your best friend was getting through real hard times when it's too late.
>>
>>18185227
I don't NEED to tell them.
But the fact that i'm hiding my illness that's eating my life away as we speak feels dishonest, there are literally days where i have broke down in my mothers arms, being overwhelmed with life and then gone out with my best friends that night who have no idea the extent i'm suffering.

I want to tell them because that's the type of person i am, i'm not looking for sympathy, i just want there to be a mutual understanding of why i sometimes just don't talk or don't feel like going out.

But i will follow your advice. I never intended to use my friends as therapists but instead create a comfortable setting where maybe one of my friends is in the same circumstance as me and opens up.
>>
>>18185227
That's what OP is trying to do. Stop pretending everything is fine and good when it's not.
Blaming OP for wanting to open up with his closest friends is so autistic.
>>
>>18185231
Yep, another fear is seeming whiney or just seeking attention when that's furtherest from the truth. I just want people to know i'm not the go happy joker all my friends think i am.
>>
>>18185236
Thank you so much.
>>
>>18185239
I get that. Just say clearly and explicitly why you're telling them about it.
I get you are not seeking for attention and not even crying for help, just want to share a big part of your life. I get it and I don't even know you.
All the best OP.
>>
>>18185263
I might just do this, i'm going to do this either tomorrow or sometime this week. I'm sick of feeling this way.

Thank you.
All the best to you also.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.