[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help deciding my future bois. College isn't much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 12487_1.jpg (800KB, 1181x784px) Image search: [Google]
12487_1.jpg
800KB, 1181x784px
Need some help deciding my future bois. College isn't much of an option for me since I can't study unless it's short term, so my moms been telling me to apply for water and power.

I don't exactly mind if it's a boring as shit job as long as it pays for my hobbies (video games and anime), my motto is live for your desires.

I've done some research and it looks decent enough, what does /adv/ think? If it helps I was happily going to join the marines and was a month from shipping to Camp Pendleton
>>
>>18184994
College isn't hard man. It just takes discipline.

If you won't go that route then find a trade. I recommend apprenticing as an electrician.
>>
>>18185079
Did you read just ops first sentence or some shit
>>
>>18185079
I lack long term discipline, if its for a test I can somehow force myself to study about a week before. I was gonna join the marines to get discipline beaten into me
>>
>>18184994
>I was gonna join the marines to get discipline beaten into me
My son did this and for the same reason. It worked, but he came out kind of neurotic an broken.
>>
>>18186113
In my opinion it depends on what kind of person you are, its like everything else in life, you either like it or you don't. I'm a pretty stale person, I listen to what people tell me, I don't mind listening to authority, I like weapons and being physically active but I have no reason to do so. The military was like a dream come true for my kind of personality
>>
>>18184994
you have issues with executive function. Go to your GP, tell them you have issues with focus and attention. Ask to be referred to a psychiatrist.

Tell the psychiatrist the same thing, and that you'd like to try medication to solve the issue.

If you have anxiety issues or stimulants/anti-depressants give you emotional blunting, tell that to her, and say you'd like to try a non-tradition stimulant like Stratera or Modafinil.

And then go to college; congratulations, you're on the same stuff that every top student who wasn't gifted by the genetics god is on.
>>
You don't exactly mind if it's a boring as shit job right now because you didn't have to do a boring as shit job 8 hours a day for months and years yet. Trust me, you won't like it. You will not be happy. That was my mentality when I chose my field and I ended up switching it, wasting over 4 years of my life (from a career standpoint at least). Although it could've been much worse I've seen people who become bitter and depressed because they have to do a job they don't like for years and never get the courage to make a change.

Chinese cartoons and videogames can't make up for 8 hours a day of boredom and moil. Especially when those 8 hours could be put into something you actually enjoy or at least find interesting and stimulating. The way you feel now about discipline regarding college is the same way you'll feel while working a job you dislike. You'll get stuck in a repeating, mindless process that will make you miserable and will inevitably lead to a dead-end job you hate.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get a job unless it's your perfect idea of work, but do keep your options open, explore your interests and look for opportunities and activities you might actually enjoy. Try to find something you enjoy learning and make your best effort to find a job that will allow you to learn it. This is how you make a successful career, not by blindly walking into the first fairly well-paid job you find then sitting there for the rest of your life and shutting down any other option because of the risks they might entail.

Also read "Mastery" by Robert Greene.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.