[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /adv/ I made the mistake of applying to a small pizza restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1474088760309.jpg (97KB, 539x807px) Image search: [Google]
1474088760309.jpg
97KB, 539x807px
Okay /adv/ I made the mistake of applying to a small pizza restaurant that my family and I go to frequently.

I got the job, and it's actually an awful place to work. I applied for a part time position and They've given me ~39-41 hours this week (Depending on the amount of time it takes us to close, which varies.) I'm currently a College student, and I can't imagine how I should be balancing a schedule like this

How long do I have to endure this before I can leave on good terms?
>>
Tell them you can only work part time. Student is you full time occupation now, so what's even to ask here? They can't demand all your time for a shitty job. You have a life besides this shitty job, basta.
>>
>>18184628
I specifically mentioned that I was a student and wanted a part time job during the interview, anon.
>>
My friend left the first day on the job at Peter Piper. He applied thinking it would be all butterflies and rainbows, but he had to wipe tables. He, being a dumbass and not expecting this, just stopped going to work, or quit, I dunno which. Its always an option... although I wouldn't do it, hehe. Goodluck on your quest.
>>
do 3 months if you can and keep complaining you cant do this many hours
alternatively stop a month before exams
>>
>>18184622
also worth readressing your concerns that you only want to work part time.

if ignored again then actively look for another job which is part time, and ditch the pizza place if you find an alternative.

you're much more employable with a job than without, believe it or not.
>>
>>18184635
don't suck it up, tell the manager that you agreed on a part time position. if they don't give you less hours, tell them you cannot continue working because it gets in the way of your education.

they will understand. or if they won't, they're assholes and you wouldn't want to continue eating there anyway
>>
>>18184635
40+ is full time hours and you know this, they know. You shouldn't have even takes on the extra hours in the first place. I understand you'd like to leave on good terms because you're a frequent customer but that's out of this case.

Make a list of demands and be firm about it. "I'm not going to show up on x x x so don't schedule me". If it can't be done then let them know and leave.

Then both parties know it didn't work out because of the timing (that's what you'll refer to it professionally even if there's other BS). You can still frequent as a regular because your professional relationship with the party is in the past and done for. The only relationship afterwards is service and customer.
>>
>>18184622
Do the work you ungrateful swine
>>
>>18184622
QUIT NOW
QUIT NOW
First off statistics show that you can only really do college with like 15-20 work hours tops. Second off you'll end up leaving that business with the same amount of money as you started because you'll spend all of it on shit you don't need. Thirdly, restaurant industry fucking sucks. Get something else that's really part time
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.