[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking hell I need help anons. I can't sleep because I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: AHHHHHH.jpg (67KB, 612x717px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHH.jpg
67KB, 612x717px
Fucking hell I need help anons. I can't sleep because I'm just so fucking scared of death. Why are we here? Whats the point of it all? I can't blindly believe in some religion when I don't know it's legit, and if I keep thinking there's no reason I'll have a nervous breakdown.
>>
There is no reason. If there is no reason then life is about what you make it.
>>
>>18184306
I don't get that at all. I'm scared that of the infinite possibilities after death it'll either be something terrible or just nothing.
>>
>>18184295
>>18184319
>infinite possibilities after death
Nah, once you die, you'll become nothing. There's nothing to be afraid of though, because once you're dead, you feel nothing because you are nothing.
>>
>>18184295
Why does there need to be a reason for something? Can't something just be?
>>
>>18184319
There's nothing, and that won't bother you because you'll be dead.
>>
>>18184295
It's your self preservation instinct kicking in once you realize the threat to your existence. You exist to carry genes. You are a step in a recursively complex chemical reaction that has become so complex you are self aware. There is no real meaning, eventually even the universe will decay. The only thing that matters is to do what matters to you. Find meaning in something and do that, live a fulfilling life. It will make the transition into nothingness easier.
>>
>why are we here
to live
>whats the point of it all
whatever you make, change the world, fuck bitches, invent singing robots whatever you want

you dont need religion to accept the fact death is the end of the road for all
the point is the road, enjoy while you are on it
>>
>>18184295
Calm yourself. Death is not the end. These material nihilists always have garbage suggestions.

Most people are afraid of death because they don't understand it. I suggest you start reading and thinking. There are a million books/articles/thoughts on it, some will resonate with you.

Humans are here to learn, to evolve and to live.
The meaning(point) is what you must find for yourself. Don't worry, it takes time and effort. Don't be discouraged if the answer doesn't immediately get told to you.

Don't blindly believe anything. But there is a great amount of universal truth in the religious orders and texts, find them.

You'll find your way, even if you have a nervous breakdown.

Goodluck anon
>>
First of all, no religion is legit. God is only real to those who believe it. Math only works when you want it to. Second, if you're scared of death, than that means you're probably scared of it cutting off your life unexpectedly with you not having done all that you wanted to do. Do that SHIT! Then, death can't pry away what you didn't do, and you can live in memories and the past that is cemented in our timelines.
>>
I find the meaninglessness calming.

I can never fuck everything up so bad that it would matter after few millennia.

I can stop doing things that make me miserable and not please the people I hate. I can do whatever I want. I can eat anything. Spend a lot of money. Travel. Start a fight. Who gives a fuck?

I don't mean I necessarily do all those things but I like the idea that there's the option.
>>
Scared of death? Why?
Only the living should be fearful of death.
>>
File: Jesus saves-1.jpg (110KB, 480x529px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus saves-1.jpg
110KB, 480x529px
>>
>>18184568
Th-thanks anon, that helps.
>>
File: oad-rsv.jpg (37KB, 355x550px) Image search: [Google]
oad-rsv.jpg
37KB, 355x550px
Read the Bible.
>>
You sound young. Take a breather and go smoke a joint or get an old-fashioned from Sally Sue.
>>
you're not going to BE dead, because when your body stops being alive you are just not alive. before you were born you were also not alive, and that wasn't painful or problematic for you, because you didn't exist. you have not existed way longer than you have, it's actually normal for you to not be alive and being alive is the weird part.

there's also not really any such thing as YOU. you weren't born as you, you're just an arrangement of matter, and an accumulation of experiences. the idea of self is an illusion. you're just a clump of stuff that is made up of material that used to be other stuff, and will be other stuff in the future.

so enjoy life, or don't. it's a weird thing, and we happen to be blessed/cursed with mutant brains that can think about these kinds of things. think of something simple to do and go do it, that's as complicated as it needs to get.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.