[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I gave up relatively a lot for my girlfriend and she just broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: Crow Yelling.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
Crow Yelling.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
I gave up relatively a lot for my girlfriend and she just broke up with me in one of the meanest ways I've ever heard of before.

I've got no friends, 3000 words to write and an exam to study before 2 days finishes. I'm fucking shocked and I don't know what to do.
>>
>>18184096
get a hooker
come back later to thank me
>>
>>18184096
>one of the meanest ways
which was?
>>
File: 1490333327304.jpg (20KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1490333327304.jpg
20KB, 460x345px
>>18184100
This, or whatever works. Doesn't matter how degenerate it is, if it will help you cope long enough to make it through your class work, fucking do it. Plenty of time for your life to fall apart this weekend after exams.

Sorry to hear that bro, I've been there too and it fucking sucks. Unfortunately you have a responsibility to step up to, so step up. I know it's school and you're given tons of leniency with grades and shit, but don't get used to it, bc if you decide to just not do a report for work bc you're sad, your ass is going to get canned.

So buy a hooker, take your friend's adderall, fucking cut yourself for all I care, just keep it together until end of school Friday.
>>
>>18184100
I don't care about sex right now

>>18184105
She told me I was stupid, incapable of being the leader of a family, bland, unskilled, foolish among other mean things.
>>
>>18184129
so constructive criticism?
>>
>>18184129
>She told me I was stupid, incapable of being the leader of a family, bland, unskilled, foolish among other mean things.
you'll get over it, child. it gets easier with each one until you feel nothing from a breakup. the first woman I loved fucked my "friends" and then treated me like weight on her life and dropped me even though I would have gladly done whatever it took to make things work. she made me better, she made me happy.

so while I understand my advice is wait and experience more stuff. eventually if things go shitily enough you will not feel these things, just do what needs to be done. then your biggest problem will be trying to hang on to feeling and nothing else will matter.
>>
>>18184125
>just keep it together until end of school Friday.
Last day of the semester for me is on Tuesday. It's when all my final deliverables are due along with trailing 'mid-term' exams.

>>18184139
I'm an engineering student that's travelled across the world for work. I am finishing my last semester in a reputable school taking more than the recommended amount of courses to go back to her on the other side of the world and continue a serious relationship in an area I love, leaving my old life behind. I plan on either owning a company or becoming a director or a VP at another. I engage myself in many hobbies outside my field including art, hiking/exploring, snowboarding and fitness. I can say my personality can be bland at times though.
>>
>>18184145
so she was right
youre just not old enough, or have your head too far up your ass to see it
>>
>>18184144
The only reason I turned to relationships is because I wanted to feel things. I don't want to stop feeling things. I do value your experience though.
>>
>>18184129
Dont take it personally. Shes just trying to make you feel guilty for breaking up with her. unless you actually acted that way..
>>
>>18184159
>she just broke up with me
reading comprehension
>>
>>18184159
She broke up with me for those reasons. One thing is that I can be clumsy sometimes but aside from that I just don't see the other reasons. I'm currently getting bad grades because I've overloaded myself with final year engineering courses to see her, but I wouldn't say I'm unintelligent.

>>18184148
Suffering from depression I certainly do not have my head up my ass. Not being old enough is true and I knew it was the whole time. The whole thing was unexpected, she has never lashed out at me before. I expected that we could date for longer and see how things went but god damn.

She insisted we continue our relationship long distance, and she told me as we were breaking up she knew we would because I'm not her type of guy among these other things I heard for the first time. By first time I do mean first time in my life hearing this. Everyone else I've met has said the opposite actually.
>>
bump please help i hve nobody
>>
>>18184233
try killing yourself
thats even better advice than my first go at it
>>
>>18184239
its 12am where i live what can i do? there are no high buildings near me
>>
>>18184245
>your gun
>alcohol poisoning
>drug overdose
>exit bag
>suicide by cop
>play frogger in the highway
>say make America great again in your local ghetto
>call Fox News and say you have information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton then commit suicide by shooting yourself twice in the back of your head
>>
>>18184257
>your gun
I don't have one.
>alcohol poisoning
Liquor stores are closed. Unreliable.
>drug overdose
Pharmacies are closed.
>exit bag
?
>suicide by cop
Unreliable
>play frogger in the highway
Unreliable
>say make America great again in your local ghetto
There is no ghetto, and I live in Canada
>call Fox News and say you have information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton then commit suicide by shooting yourself twice in the back of your head
No gun, live in Canada
>>
>>18184257
>>call Fox News and say you have information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton then commit suicide by shooting yourself twice in the back of your head

kekkled
>>
>>18184129
>She told me I was stupid, incapable of being the leader of a family, bland, unskilled, foolish among other mean things.
If those were untrue, you wouldn't be taking it as hard as you are. Insults only hurt if you know they're true.
>>
>>18184096
I mean what exactly did she say.
>>
>>18184277
Well holy shit I guess I'm scum then.

>>18184282
It was in Thai
>>
>>18184270
>>call Fox News and say you have information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton then commit suicide by shooting yourself twice in the back of your head
>No gun, live in Canada

fucking idiot
>>
>>18184308
Political meme haha so funny. Go fuck yourself
>>
>>18184314
no go fuck yourself
everyone here has given you solid advice and you made the conscious decision to shrug it off so you can wallow in self pity in a pathetic attempt to get strangers on the internet to feel sorry for you.
its no fucking wonder your girlfriend broke up with you
she was fucking right, but you were to fucking self centered to realize that. all you thought was how "mean" she was and how she's the bad guy and your the victim. youre so fucking transparent. seriously, you truly are a scumbag. the best fucking advice you've gotten here is to kill yourself
so sincerely, kill yourself, you shallow piece of shit.
>>
>I've got 3000 words to write and an exam to study before 2 days finishes. I'm fucking shocked and I don't know what to do.

Uh... Study?

Go for a good run until you can't run anymore, cry it out for a bit, then pump up some jams and get to work.

She wants this to crush you. It validates her. Roll with the punch, and come back stronger.

You're too good, and have too much ahead of you to let the whims of some girl keep you down.
>>
>>18184325
Show me some advice that I've shrugged off asshat.
>>
>>18184330
Thanks for this, it's hard for me to imagine that she wanted to crush me but it certainly seems like it's the case. I'll keep writing my essay.
>>
>>18184277
>Insults only hurt if you know they're true.
Or if you're insecure.
>>
>>18184096

Sorry to hear that buddy, I recommend getting a doctors cert to defer your assessments for the time being and just deal with the immediate emotions as they come. Sometimes people can be extremely nice but not know how to break someones heart, try to understand that the way she did it may be her trying to make it easier on you. (think yelling at an animal following you in hopes that it leaves). Don't concern yourself with what she said, as long as you don't believe you are any of those things then its completely irrelevant, if you do feel some of what she said may be a little true then they are things you can work on from here on out, but I highly doubt some if any of it is.

Break ups suck, really bad, but know that millions have been in your position and found greater happiness down the road. Try to think of this as a new beginning, you can't control the future and who sticks around, so coming to terms with it as soon as you can is your best bet for moving on.

You've got this!
>>
>>18184277

What shitty advice. I think anyone capable of feelings would be hurt by such things coming from someone you are in love with. If someone that close to you believes those things or claims to believe them then regardless of what you think about yourself it indicates you might have a skewed perception of reality, or they're a bullshitter.
>>
>>18184349
Thank you so much for this. It gives me perspective on the things I believe and the things I don't believe she was right about. It also gives me some hope that she really didn't hate my guts without me knowing.

>I recommend getting a doctors cert to defer your assessments
Great idea but I really don't have the time to waste if that doesn't work out. I'll just continue working on it until it's mostly done tonight.

>found greater happiness down the road
I always knew this was possible but hearing this really makes me happier.

>Try to think of this as a new beginning, you can't control the future and who sticks around, so coming to terms with it as soon as you can is your best bet for moving on.
This is what gives me inspiration to be happy on my own. I never really had this inspiration since I tried so hard and never got it but maybe I'm willing to try again now.

>>18184367
I'm really trying to shift from being a self-isolating depressed loner to be a better person and this does make me worry that my perception of reality is skewed. I'm very confused at the moment because this all came to me out of nowhere.
>>
>>18184277
That isn't necessarily true.

You look back sometimes, and you tell yourself that you could've done better. Even if you poured everything you had into it, you convince yourself that you could've worked smarter, and not harder. You don't think of your successes, but your failures. This doesn't make you a failure, just critical of your own work which is healthy in moderation.

We could never really say where she's coming from with all this, the state of the relationship leading up until this point, or why she would choose to explode and try and cut down OP as much as she could. Even in a circumstances where these insults were true, there would be no reason to speak of them without some sort of tension in the relationship.

I do find the insults a little odd though, and I think that might provide a little insight as per the context.

>Stupid
>Poor leadership
>Bland
>Unskilled
>Foolish

She's basically trying to attack his intelligence, his masculinity, and who he is as a person. It's scrabbling for insults, the same level of trash you see on the internet.

So that tells me that it's highly unlikely that she believes any of these things to be true, but rather acted out of anger.
>>
>>18184388

No problem dude, we've all been there. If you feel you are able to complete your assessment than by all means do so, but just know doctors are very understanding of this kind of thing, it's emotional trauma.

And yeah she wouldn't have been with you as long as she did if she honestly believed everything she was saying. Just block her from your life now and begin the healing process.
>>
>>18184389
>>18184401
>but just know doctors are very understanding of this kind of thing, it's emotional trauma.
I'm glad to hear this. I was going to try and book an appointment with my school mental health centre tomorrow. They're usually pretty filled but I'll see what I can do to make it on the day then.

>she wouldn't have been with you as long as she did if she honestly believed everything she was saying
We had been dating for a short period of time before I left to finish my last semester and then return. I asked her why she didn't tell me earlier and she told me she was giving me a chance, and I didn't succeed. Does this change your viewpoint at all?
>>
>>18184096
>I gave up relatively a lot for my girlfriend
There's your first mistake. That's not how a relationship is supposed to work. You don't sacrifice your previous happiness on the altar of pussy and hope it works out well. If you're going to date someone, they should enhance the life you already have.
>>
>>18184418

There would be no need to give you a chance if she believed everything she said, think would you date someone if you believed all of those things? Unless you went through a drastic change in personality from the beginning of your relationship to the end there is no reason to believe what she is saying. At best you can take everything into account and do a little self-reflecting to improve upon problem areas but do it for you, not because of what she thinks.
>>
>>18184096

She's clearly a terrible person and you should not take her words to heart. If she was mature she could just tell you what she really meant.

>>not her type of guy
(she met someone else)

The way she resorted to listing all the things "wrong with you" is a rationalization for her decision.
She definitely chose the worse way to end things which makes her the stupid one in this situation.

Op, if you are as you say, you are far from stupid. Focus on your exams and career because you will find someone better later.
What a bitch though, god damn
>>
>>18184389
This is some good advice and some good observation.

>smarter, and not harder
Hit the nail right on the head

>or why she would choose to explode and try and cut down OP as much as she could.
I sent her a package with some lovey things inside of it. It cost a $45 to send it across the world and I didn't pay for tracking. This was my mistake, because it got lost. I told her earlier that it probably got lost in the mail, but today a month later she asked me if she should give up on it and I said yes. That's when she blew up.

Admittedly I do not have an extremely masculine appearance or personality outside of work, and I can be clumsy, but the other things I was absolutely surprised about.

>>18184419
This is something I learned from this relationship. If you love someone you should support them emotionally, but live your own life. If she doesn't fit with your plans then it's too bad. This idea does make me worry about dying alone though.

>>18184443
There's no way I would consider keeping a relationship like that. All my leadership qualities I have learned from my Dad, who is actually a VP at a big company, and I have received multiple awards for team leadership in the past (admittedly a long time ago). I had a fair amount of confidence in my leadership, but not being fit to lead a family? That one struck me down. I've thought of myself in the position of a leader of a family before, but I've never even considered being inadequate to fit that role. I've never thought about what I might be missing because I believed I was ready on a personal level.
>>
>>18184449
>>18184449
>(she met someone else)
I suspected this a lot.

She told me before we dated even that she has broken a lot of guys hearts for bad reasons. I very much expected that she would do the same with me. I told her to tell me is there is anything wrong again and again and again. She stopped talking to me often lately and I asked about things she wouldn't tell me about, and I would say it again.

Her most recent status said that she missed talking without seriousness with someone. This time I started to expect she meant someone else, because she was always too busy for me to chat with me online, even the day of the post. I waited for her to message me about this one and she never did. The next time was the beginning of the end.

This is the thing I'd like to believe, but I don't think I'll give myself the satisfaction of actually believing it.
>>
>>18184458

Well then there is your evidence right there, you actively seek out leadership roles so to accuse you of being a poor leader is a very obvious attempt to spite you. The context behind her words matters a lot and its clear here she is simply trying to hit you where it hurts (or where she thinks it hurts).

That pretty much throws everything else she said out the window too. Just ignore her and move on.
>>
>>18184096
You bent over backwards for your bitch and she rightfully figured you were a beta she could take advantage of. She found a better prospect and left you.
>>
>>18184467

Consider it a bullet dodged dude, girls like this are bad news, its a complex they have, deep seated family issues and insecurities that make them the way they are. The more you have uncovered to us throughout this thread the more her display of cruelty towards you makes sense, she needs you to hate her for doing this to you, whilst masking it all behind a veil of justification. She doesn't believe any of what she said at a subconscious level but she wants to, so that the guilt she feels is lessened.
>>
>>18184472
>That pretty much throws everything else she said out the window too. Just ignore her and move on.
Thanks for all this comfort. It seems like you've gone through this a lot and the observations you are making are making me a lot more secure about myself.

>>18184473
Given the social position of girls at the moment I would not be surprised nor hurt if she decided to be with someone else while we were in a LDR. In fact I told her I can't ask her to wait for me.

>>18184489
>deep seated family issues
It's funny you mention that...

>she needs you to hate her for doing this to you
>She doesn't believe any of what she said at a subconscious level but she wants to, so that the guilt she feels is lessened.
This makes a lot of sense, especially because of how related this is to the dating culture in her country. She was a personality like mine, minus what I saw today, and seemed like a girl that was changing the bad aspects of her life. But I guess she's still got some more work to do.
>>
>>18184505

Moving forward from a relationship is tough but just remember this quote.

What we miss most is how they loved us. But what we don't know was how they loved us had so much to do with the person we are. It was a reflection of everything we gave, coming back to us. We sit there soaking in the idea that no one else would love us that way. When it was us that taught them to love. When it was us that showed them how to feel. How cruel we are to ourselves to give credit to them for our warmth simply because we had felt it. Thinking it was them who gave us strength. wit. beauty. simply because we recognised it. As if we were already not these things before we met them. As if we did not remain all these things after they left.
>>
>>18184552
Thanks for the quote. I felt wrong about it at first, but upon trying to type something about it I realised it was right. I'll be saving this thread and this will be what keeps me going for a while so please dump as much as you'd like. I'll be here for a long time more.
>>
File: Original_Insanity_Wolf.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Original_Insanity_Wolf.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
>>18184096
>>18184096
>I gave up relatively a lot for my girlfriend
NEVER DO THIS! EVER
obviously your inexperienced in relationships. But for some reason women don't appreciate that shit at all. It's actually one of the worst things you can do. You are the leader, she's the follower. You are the alpha, and she's your bitch. It sounds harsh but women just like it that way.
When you sacrifice that tells them, subconsciously, that they are now the leader of the relationship and they HATE that. Your goal in the relationship is to do what makes you happy, period.
>>
>>18184746
I think this is what I learned from the relationship, you explaining it makes the lesson much more clear to me though, thank you. A girlfriend should enhance the life I already have. If I give something up for them that also comes off as being unleaderly.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.