[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everyone, I've run in to a minor problem in a new relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2734.jpg (195KB, 770x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2734.jpg
195KB, 770x543px
Hey everyone, I've run in to a minor problem in a new relationship and I'm looking for general advice. My new girlfriend is very smart, cute and charming and I like her very much. I'm a very sincere person and I don't like to have trivial conversation, so naturally I thrive in more personal environments. She is also very sincere in intimate conversation, so when we're together alone it's very fulfilling and special because when I say things to her they are absorbed and she makes points back to me so it feels like I learned more about the subject afterwards. The only issue is that when we're in a group setting she uses more rhetoric (which is fine, that's basically what group conversation is), but I don't really function in a rhetorical conversation so I like to just smile and listen and occasionally say something. See this would be totally okay if it weren't for that the conversation we have one on one and the conversation we have in a group setting is so different so it's percieved by her friends that we are awkward around each other which leads to her worrying that we aren't good for eachother which is rectified by one on one conversation.

So what actual actions should I take in these rhetorical group conversation that I'm not really important in to help my girlfriend be more confident that we aren't awkward together?
>>
>>18184021
What? It's nice to try and sound smart, but you should learn to try and communicate your issues first. I don't understand what kind of rhetoric would cause these issues? Do you even know what that word means?
>>
>>18184069
No I'm taking a college writing class so this is just how I talk or write right now. It's like an angsty 4chan writer to ignore the post just because I used a big word. "Rapport" is a better word.
>>
>>18184069
And also you're wrong. Rhetoric in the modern context is just talking without sincerity, like if somebody comes up to you and references a meme to make you like them.
>>
>>18184021
Try to fit better in those situations, put some more effort in it. But also talk to your gf and explain her how good your sincere and intimate talks make you feel.
>>
>>18184021
Rhetorical conversations....
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.