[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine said that he started developing feelings for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1387856737475.gif (2MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1387856737475.gif
2MB, 500x283px
A friend of mine said that he started developing feelings for me a year ago, but ignored them until they went away. He said he didn't want to get rejected and that he prefers me as a friend.

This is the first time anyone has admitted romantic interest in me and I'm looking for some perspective. I feel cheated, disappointed and a little mad at him. Is this normal? I don't have feelings for him but at the same time I don't think I would have rejected him if he had told me.

I am in my mid twenties by the way.
>>
>>18182791
You feel entitled to his attention yet make no moves whatshowever to show him you're interested in him.
You made your bed, now lie in it.

So to answer your question, yes it is normal to have to deal with the consequenses of your own (in)actions.

The dude sounds smart though your loss
>>
>>18182808

She already said she wasn't super attracted to him, but she would have given him the chance, you dolt. Don't make entitlement out of a rational mindset.
>>
>>18182791
It's normal, don't worry.

Actually, he's kind of an ass. Why did he even mention that? Maybe he still likes you and was baiting you into showing him your reaction without having to deal with the consequences.
>>
>>18182791

It's normal, yeah, but I hope you're not taking it too hard. You might have missed out but he said he prefers you as a friend. It could be that he got those two lines crossed for a while. Sometimes if you haven't had a lot of deep friendships you can confuse fondness for love or think that because there is that fondness, love must lie beyond it.

It sounds like he had a crush on you and got over it, that's all. You can lightly tell him you would've given it a chance, but don't fixate on it too much.
>>
File: IMG-20160128-WA0000.jpg (147KB, 1080x1510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160128-WA0000.jpg
147KB, 1080x1510px
>>18182818
>He said he didn't want to get rejected and that he prefers me as a friend.
>I feel cheated, disappointed and a little mad at him. Is this normal?

Sounds like entitlement to me.
But I guess it's hard for a woman to conceptualize the feelings of a man, what a shocker.
>>
>>18182830

She literally missed out on an opportunity because he didn't say anything about it. I don't see that as entitlement. It would be entitlement if he started dating someone else and she got mad at him for it.

You're blowing it out of proportions to create a battle of the sexes, knock it off. It's tiresome.
>>
>>18182791
how's the sex?
>>
>>18182827
>Actually, he's kind of an ass. Why did he even mention that?
I asked him.

>>18182829
>Sometimes if you haven't had a lot of deep friendships you can confuse fondness for love or think that because there is that fondness, love must lie beyond it.
That more accurately describes me than him, lol. I've been confused about that for a while but he helped me sort it out by explaining what love feels like to him. He's the closest friend I've ever had and I've only had a dozen or so. (Hence why I took this long for someone to be interested, I guess)

>but don't fixate on it too much.
It's difficult. I feel like this was my only chance.
>>
>>18182856

> I feel like it was my only chance.

Then change that. Ask if he'd go on a date with you, and if not, start dating. You're in your mid-twenties, you don't have a crap-ton of time to be faffing about.

Do you want to get married and have children someday?
>>
After 30 there's high risk of defective birth
your clock is ticking, fäm
>>
>>18182862
Sounds weird. Any suggestions for how to do it? I'm already seeing him in a date-like fashion every other week or so (we go to parks, watch movies and have lunch/dinner together) so I don't know what to do besides more of that.

I want to get married but not have children.
>>
>>18182921
>I don't know what to do besides more of that
peepee in bagina
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.