[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend has been really passive-aggressive and argumentative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1451919093839.jpg (117KB, 800x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1451919093839.jpg
117KB, 800x1033px
My girlfriend has been really passive-aggressive and argumentative lately, and whenever we reach a point in the argument where we try to reach a middle ground, get some self-perspective and learn from it, she either outright refuses to accept any responsibility or falls into excessive self-loathing. What's the best way to deal w/ this? I've patient and supportive, but it just seems to be getting worse. Should I act more aloof? Lay back a bit? We've been in a relationship for almost two years now and I love her, so it sucks that we are in this "rough patch" right now.
>>
>>18182686
Sounds like period.

Or it can be almost anything. You know your gf more than /adv/. Apply your knowledge and remember:
>relationship isnt a war where you have to win each battle or die miserably.
Sometimes you can just be nice guy :-D

Also two years and no ring or baby yet? What are you waiting for? For chad to cum and dump her? Maybe she was pretending she is somebody else the whole time and finally now her shield is going down.
>>
>>18182686
She wants to break up with you but doesn't have the overies for it.
>>
>>18182806
Nah, it's not in line with her period.

Personally, I think she has a lot of underlying tensions in the relationship and with herself. Firstly, she isn't exactly trusting. She trusts me, but she has this strange belief that I'm much more attractive than her, even though it's not true. I feel like this makes her feel insecure w/ the female attention I get (or, rather, she dreams of), but I never do anything inappropriate (I have no female friends I hang with one-on-one, I don't text other girls, flirt, go clubbing, etc.) Secondly, she generally has been feeling a bit down lately, which could contribute. Thirdly, and lastly, she is naturally passive-aggressive and get overtly-defensive when I ask her to address it - she doesn't even try.

I'm not trying to "win" arguments, but I always like it if we take something away from it to avoid it happening as often, but this is impossible as she either refuses, or more likely devolves into self-loathing.

We're engaged, not that that stops the possibility of Chad. That's worrying.

>>18182812
Hmm, she sometimes ends arguments begging me not to break-up with her, so maybe not? Plus it isn't constant, it comes in waves. Maybe she's insecure? Unconciously lashing out from insecurity?

We're each other's firsts for everything, so it could either come down to that or inexperience.
>>
>>18182820
Since you know so much about her, why dont you try to ease her fears?

Tell her you are sorry for making her mad. Dont do the
>ask her to address it
Sometimes females cant do logic. Instead of argumenting with her or asking her what is the problem, use emotions: tell her that it is ok, hug her, tell her you cant imagine your life without her and ask her on "date" to fancy restaurant. Tell her you love her no matter what.

When she feels jealous of your nonexistant girl friends, tell her that no matter how others can get sexy, she will be still your girl number one and that is all what matters.

Also break up routine with random things: buy her flowers, go to cinema, do something different in sex, cuddle her in the morning asking her if she still loves you.

You are at the phase when love fades and boredom and insecurities frows up.

Remember, females are.emotions first, logic second. It doesnt matter she has no right to feel sad, make it up for her. She is your qtie, she deserves better.
>>
>>18182859
I do all of the above, really. Our relationship is really spontaneous and we're so romantic, totally lovesick.

However, if I keep admitting I'm wrong when I'm not it's going to positively reinforce the fact I'm the "bad guy", validate some of her insecurities and whittle away her respect for me.

I do, man - I'm a journalist and she's an artist, so we both do creative things for each other and are still in love, moreso than the start. "She deserves better" - i'm trying to give her better by helping her deal w/ insecurities, not letting them fester and devolve into hatred or distrust of me.

I see your point of emotions first, tho.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.