[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i hae a very stupid question and i don't know where to ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1489534604635.jpg (39KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489534604635.jpg
39KB, 350x300px
i hae a very stupid question and i don't know where to ask
why do we say white people and black people when in reality it's pink and brown
>>
>pink
What? Don't you mean peach?
>>
>>18182286
peach is a shade of pink
>>
>>18182284
>>18182295

people come in so many shades. there are white people who are legitimately white. and black people who are legitimately black.

its a broad term.
>>
>>18182284
>>18182298

and probably because when people started referring to one another in color in english 'peach' was probably not something said very often.
>>
>>18182284
How high are you OP?
>>
>>18182284
The real answer.

It lies in historical racism. As early as Roman times philosophers and pop culture equated black=evil and white=good.

Fast forward to about the Middle Ages and pink people encountering brown people and deciding they were the enemy borrowed the white good, black bad labels and attached them to the races.

Flash forward to the 1960s and African-Americans chose to fight that misuse of language by kidnapping the terms and changing their meaning - Black Power and the like. They were successful enough that many people of both races now use black and white as shorthand describers without the bad/good connotations.

(In a similar way some black people have co-opted 'nigger', one of the vilest words in the language, by using it themselves as a term of friendship and brotherhood)
>>
>>18182284
Because humans are pretty dumb and need categories for shit, preferably not too many so nobody gets confused.

Besides, pink and brown are just as stupid since there are fucktons of more shades.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.