[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck do I do /adv/? My parents sent me to rehab and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1Q84.jpg (90KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1Q84.jpg
90KB, 600x450px
What the fuck do I do /adv/? My parents sent me to rehab and I'm finally out. I spent three months there. They put me in not really because of my use, but because I stopped going to university and to work and because I was delving deeper into my depression as days went by. My use made all of it worse and I even went though a psychotic break a couple of months before being institutionalized, but the main cause of it all was my depression, not my use. Anyways, I'm dying to have a drink and go partying with my friends, but I'm obviously prohibited from doing that. Right now I'm stuck at home and feeling lonely as fuck. I'm not psychotic anymore due to antipsychotics and the antidepressants are helping with my general psyche, but mentally I still feel depressed. Right now I'm waiting for my work to call me in again, so I'm spending my days doing fuck all, browsing /adv/ and watching movies. I don't know how long I can go on without using anything. Not really asking for advice here, just venting and writing off my situation here because I have nothing better to do, but I would appreciate if someone would give their two cents and tell what they think about it all. Right now I'm feeling lost in my loneliness, my depressionless depression and the lack of things to do.
>>
>>18181893
what work do you do?
your passion.
Build a new you.
>>
>>18181920
I work in a government census bureau doing surveys, area mapping and that kind of stuff. My passion currently is nothing, I think. Also, where should I start to build a new me?
>>
>>18181929
hmm.
either you could start learning programming as a new passion, considering your new current passion
( my advice - ruby lang)
or if you hate this job go for painting and 3d animations - start with flash or blender or maya
or either start an anime.
you have money as you did job, i donot have money and so i cannot afford to buy canvas to paint, i cannot go out on trekking because I am brooke, i cannot programme or animate
i have dislexia.
I hope to hear from you again.
as i am just advicing you as I just sit in my room and read articles and pirated books.
I hope the money you have left helps in this sense.
there is nothing more sad than having no passion. although passion is an illusion of materialistic world .
good luck.
>>
>>18181893
Rehab can't have just thrown you out on your own. There must be aftercare or counselors you can call on. Chances are that your post-rehab feelings are very common and they know how to help you through them.
>>
>>18181987
I like you.

I know some programming, though I'm not in a coding vibe right now. Painting and modeling aren't all that interesting to me either. I might start learning music production though, now that you mentioned some stuff I could do. Also, what articles and books are you reading?

>>18182267
I'm going back there on Tuesday, so yeah, I'll see how that goes, but there's only so much it can do for me.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.