[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I validate myself? How do I make myself feel awesome for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 0fa.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
0fa.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
How do I validate myself? How do I make myself feel awesome for working hard at my goals?

How do I make myself my own reward?
>>
Read some schopenhauer anon. His points on life and happiness really spoke to me when I was down about where I was going and how unhappy I was.
If you don't want to read...You don't just validate yourself or make yourself feel good. You need to fundamentally understand that what you do in life has some meaning, even if it's just for you. You don't need to be a "success". I hate when people try to define that word. Just appreciate your goals for what they are, and be proud that you have any at all.
>>
I usually get through each day doing something. I learn a piece of a piano song maybe I watch a new anime. Some days I take time to think about my life.
>>
>>18181056
I had been thinking of reading Schopenhauer a few days ago, what would you suggest I read of his?

>You need to fundamentally understand that what you do in life has some meaning, even if it's just for you.
Hm, this does give me something to think about, I haven't really attributed any real meaning to a lot of the things I do.
>>
>>18181066
What are your normal hobbies? What's your job? It's good and all that you enjoy novelty but always wanting to do new things fucks with goals overall. At least for me, if i constantly need to do new things then how would I ever be happy. You can't always do new things. Sitting and thinking isn't bad anon if that's what you think. Just find a stable hobby you can build up on and occupy your time even if it doesn't objectively seem beneficial.
>>
>>18181088
I suggest reading his essays on the wisdom of life first. A lot of that was really thought provoking and interesting. It's on Amazon for free in Kindle edition.

>Haven't attributed any real meaning...
That's a problem I always face but have gotten better at rethinking things. First you have to question what the meaning of "meaning" even is. Does it really only have one definition? Most people struggle with this huge undefined concept. It really comes down to what you find in what you do. If you find yourself not finding any point in things you're doing, it's probably your mind telling you to search new things, or maybe just see things through new eyes.
>>
>>18181045
You can't
>>
To give you a better answer I'd need more context but here's my two cents.

Don't be a bitch. And I mean that in the most upbeat way someone can put that. If I'm guessing correctly I'd say that you're probably pretty hard on yourself already and this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Use that to achieve better things. In a way become stubborn that you're going to succeed. If you're someone like me validation only comes when I've done something that I feel actually deserves compliment, not when someone tells me good job for every fuck little thing I've done. Get out there and do more.
>>
>>18181119
>I suggest reading his essays on the wisdom of life first. A lot of that was really thought provoking and interesting. It's on Amazon for free in Kindle edition.
Just added it to my phone, thanks for the recommendation.

> It really comes down to what you find in what you do. If you find yourself not finding any point in things you're doing, it's probably your mind telling you to search new things, or maybe just see things through new eyes.
This is already pretty helpful, in some things like my studies I see the immediate consequences of not keeping to it but that doesn't really drive me as much as I'd like so being more introspective and seeing what I really find in all of this might help.
>>
Are you a girl? I ask because feelings are for women and nu-males.
>>
>>18181224
No.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.