[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Senior prom in 1 week >Not going because I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 506893.png (140KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
506893.png
140KB, 600x600px
>Senior prom in 1 week
>Not going because I don't really know anybody at my school
>Feel really shitty about that, parents will be disappointed as well
How do I stop beating myself up over this
>>
>>18180919
why not just tell your parents you're going but then go somewhere else ??
>>
>>18180919
Take someone from outside your school?
>>
>>18180919
Only dance I ever went to was REALLY fucking embarrassing. Your brain isn't developed enough to handle it, no ones is at that age. You're doing yourself a favor by not going.
>>
>>18180940
I don't know any people period

>>18180942
Yeah you're probably right
>>
>>18180919
Oldfag here. Allow me to give you a hint: Prom sucks.

I've been to 4 of them. And the best prom experience I had was skipping my own senior prom and getting high and playing video games with my friends instead. I took two girls to my junior prom, and it still wasn't worth the time and money spent. The only thing you are potentially missing out on are the after-prom parties, and even those suck more often than not these days because parents just won't let their kids go out and spend the night unsupervised.

Worry not, you are missing out on absolutely nothing.
>>
>>18180919
Yeah as >>18180968 said the afterparties are all that really matter with these things, in Australia we call them formals but they're basically the same.

Why don't you know anyone from your school though? If you're new it might be a good chance to get to know people since quite a few will probably be half-drunk during the party anyway and in a very friendly mood.
>>
Why do you care so much? I didn't go to any of my proms and my parents didn't give a shit. Prom is a meme.
>>
I didn't want to go to prom back when I was in hs. But this was mostly because I didn't have a gf until my senior year so there was never a point. Anyway, if you're set on not going I can assure you, you won't be missing a lot. Especially since you don't have any strong connections with anybody (friends or special girl to take). Most of my senior prom was spent outside on the patio of the ballroom place our school booked. What made up for it was that most of my friends and their dates were also outside. None of us ever really mingled well with our fellow students. Honestly, even though I don't regret going it was honestly a big waste of time and money. Had to rent a suit, had to match my vest with dates dress which took a lot of online shopping, had to make restaurant reservations, had to deal with parking and then I hardly actually did "prom". Me and my gf mostly talked, hung out with friends and went inside to dance floor for snacks. So in conclusion, you shouldn't feel bad about not going op. Go watch a movie that night instead or do something fun in your city. I'd say it's worth going to your prom so you can at least know you went once. You're only in HS once and we often regret the things we didn't do more than the things we did do. Either way op don't feel shitty if you don't go. It isn't for everyone.
>>
>>18180919
You should still go for the experience alone. Just to say you went.

I went to both proms and I had a pretty great time at both. My senior year I was on prom court so that was pretty cool.

The main reasons I went were:
To see everyone dressed up
To say that I went to prom
To see how the place was decorated first hand
To dance
To get drunk before
To get drunk after
And to just have fun with my friends

The after parties were really the best part but I totally understand where you're comin from. It's just not for some. The weeks up to prom (where everyone is making plans and asking each other) were kind of stressful for me personally.
>>
>>18180919
Prom is gay just turn up
At least dont stay in ur house all day everyday
If u aint chill with anyone at school it cool
At least have friends idk if u hang out with older people i wood
Everyone giving advice sound wannabe oldfag but we dont goof like them
our generation
but sum of us ur age OP r sheep
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.