[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just turned 29 >Austin, TX >khv >6'4"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1460236591444.jpg (88KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1460236591444.jpg
88KB, 700x520px
>Just turned 29
>Austin, TX
>khv
>6'4"
>white
>decent job (science)
>stutter really badly

I've wasted my youth alone, avoiding people for shitty reasons. Mostly that I stutter, and secondarily, that I have a shitty (not fat but not lean) body. I starting my teen years with the assumption that women would never want me because my stuttering automatically put me in a lower social caste.

I know, and have always known, that based on the size and growth rate of the human population, more than the top 10% of men must be fucking getting women. This, however, has never really made me feel any better.

I'm a scientist, and I've built the foundation for a really good future as far as that goes, but I feel like if I start having fun and talking to women now, I might realize that its not as hard as I thought it would be, and the regret would then REALLY start to set in. Nobody ever pushed me to go socialize in a big way, my parents are television addicts, and were always "tired" while I was growing up, but I worked hard and accomplished a lot in spite of not having a thriving male-social circle to drag me to bars/drug parties, etc.

Plus, I'm afraid that any "fun" and sex I start to have now could only amount to a shadow of what I could have had around 20-22, and that people would just think of me as pathetic for trying to recapture my youth.

I know that there is more to life than sex/alcohol/parties, but sometimes I wonder if there really is a point in working as hard as I do if I've missed every goddamn milestone up to this point.

Is there seriously a point to changing my life now, or should I just continue to run out the clock?
>>
OP, you should read "how I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian sword". Quite a mood lifter.

What you're lookin at here is 30 years of great sex instead of 40 years of great sex.

Listen to this cheesy old psychedelic rock song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78aLi00SHC8

Love's super important. But women are super difficult. They make no godamn sense at all. And you gotta realize, yeah, 90% of guys are getting laid, BUT they're all so horny that they're fighting tooth and nail for it. Often literally.

But, you know, you can combat that by having pretty low standards. I mean, try to imagine a women version of yourself: not great shape, lots of quirks, any emotional issues you have, etc. etc. Would you hit it? Well yeah, hopefully. And they feel the same way.

You're just gonna have to work for a while. But it's still funner than science. Girls just wanna have fun. If you can't find Urist McSoulmate on OKCupid, you're gonna have to drag yourself to places women go.

One big rule is to NOT GET JEALOUS of guys who get laid. Quite the opposite, make friends with them. Find ANYTHING you can in common. And learn their secrets.

But I'm rambling and jumping about because it's a huge topic. Everyone's got their own "game". Like I said, work. The scientific approach won't let you down. Trial and error. Observe facial expressions and conversations and your own emotions. etc.
>>
It seems as though you don't have much confidence in yourself. I think that you should not care about what others may think of you, and that you should start acting to do what pleases you. If you are dissatisfied with any part of yourself, you can't usually do something to fix it. If you don't like your body, you can start getting /fit/. If you are very sensitive about your stuttering, you can take speech therapy classes.

You need to stop caring about other people may think of you. It's your life, and you shouldn't let anyone else determine what you do. The age gap isn't gonna be an issue, and the people who would act weird about it aren't healthy friends to have.

As for having regrets, you are bound to have regrets no matter what you do. You might as well live life to the fullest now and look back to a sad past*, than to have never lived life and grow old thinking about what could have been.
*it's not even that sad, you sound as though you have set up a really good career for yourself

I think you should change your life to do what YOU want to do. If you want to experience the party/sex life, you should go for it. You're tall so keep the spaghetti to a minimum and you should get loads of girls. Do what makes you happy, and don't care about what others think.
>>
>>18180926
>>18180931

Thanks for the input. I've been thinking about going to a gym for a while, but I don't know what the trainers there would think of me.

But like you two said, I shouldn't care about how they perceive me, and just do something like schedule a meeting with one of them. I can't be that out of the ordinary compared to the people they see on a daily basis.
>>
>>18180949
Yeah. Be prepared for that to be kinda a PITA too.

Being a tall science man, you should google "upper cross syndrome" right now, good chance you have it. Start addressing any postural problems you have immediately.

But working out's great. I couldn't really handle the gym, it pissed me off. I'm getting pretty ripped off my set of barbels and such at home though. There's a big trade off, you pretty much HAVE to go to the gym at first just to learn the basics of how to work out. But a lot of them do stuff wrong, or they do stuff that's too advanced.

I really, really, like exrx, the website. Do the most important exercises: barbel rows, bench, decline bench, squat, wide stance squat, pull ups, and deads if you can. If you can't, don't even bother with the little machines. Instead, spend hours and hours watching form videos and practicing.

That's another fucking huge topic that I could go on and on about. But it can be fun in it's own way too. Be excited, OP! So much fresh and fertile ground to explore!
>>
>>18180969

Sounds like a good site, I hadn't heard of it. and yeah I thought it would be good to talk to a professional about the basics first, and I definitely plan on getting a weight set or something for my place (but I do live in a 2nd floor apt, so I'm not sure about it yet).

Also, what does PITA stand for?
>>
>>18180989
pain in the ass :)
>>
>>18180993

Well thanks for the wisdom, senpai. I'm heading to bed, good luck out there!
>>
>>18180908
>Austin, TX
I am ridiculously jealous of you right now, but for reasons that matter not at all to you.

I'm an attorney in another state representing an out-of-state client who's in a lawsuit in Austin. I've been tearing my hair out trying to find a way to get some Texas-specific law treatises without having to go to Texas or spend thousands of dollars on WestLaw and LexisNexis.

What I wouldn't give to have just one day at UT Austin's law library.

Also:
>32
>kv (h only acquired 18 months ago)
>BMI above 50
>under 6'

There's a point to trying, anon. You deserve to enjoy a social life while you're still young. It's not about forcing yourself so much as taking a chance in spite of your doubts. One of the biggest "revolutions" for me in socialization was realizing that people either don't question kindness and interest, or don't look for an ulterior motive. So I can actually come out and say "Jane! Great to see you again! How'd that project you were talking about last time turn out?"

And re: stuttering... I get that's a tough one to get past. I remember this guy in undergrad who would have these tourettes-like tics where he'd repetitively jerk his head back and stutter for like five beats. I was really impressed with the guy, actually. He didn't let it stop him. It just happened so often that he'd go right back to speaking as though he'd never had his tic. It kind of made me feel good to see it. So, I mean, I'm sure you hear all the time "Oh, it's nothing to be embarrassed about," but I mean it in the broadest sense possible—putting yourself out there and interacting as though your stuttering didn't even happen impresses people.
>>
>>18181054

>putting yourself out there and interacting as though your stuttering didn't even happen impresses people

This is probably really true.

Okay, going to bed for real this time, thanks a lot for the thoughts, everybody.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.