[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have anxiety? What advice can you give other people dealing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1482829095589.jpg (30KB, 320x397px) Image search: [Google]
1482829095589.jpg
30KB, 320x397px
Do you have anxiety?
What advice can you give other people dealing with the same?
>>
>>18179410

find a therapist and a friend who will help you deconstruct your fears and push you to move past them,
>>
Overdose on your meds, then go off them and get Discontinuation Syndrome.
>>
>>18179410
>>
>>18179814
Why
>>
>>18179410
This: >>18179482
Not this: >>18179638
Also: over the course of my anxiety, I came to realize some of it is due to body signals that are being misinterpreted.

E.g. I am watching a movie and I feel increasingly anxious. I struggle to understand how the movie (which was pretty basic -- no horror or thrill) was making me more anxious. Guess what? I was projecting my anxiety on the movie, but fact is that my stomach was going through some troubles because of what I ate. Surprisingly, I didn't pay attention to my body signals at all -- it was as if I was oblivious of my nausea until I diverted the attention to the supposed object of anxiety (the movie) and focussed it on the real cause of anxiety (acid in my stomach).

Crazy, isn't it? It is not really about meditation. It is more about relating to your body parts as if you could have a dialogue with them.
>Heart, do you hear me?
>Yes anon.
>What's wrong with you?
>Nothing anon, except I keep getting excited for nothing.
>And how comes?
>It appears my threshold of resistance is pretty low, actually.
>How should we deal with this?
>Maybe we could go running, so I will see how the real thing (fatigue) looks like and will be more refreshed the day after.

>Legs, what's the matter?
>We're not comfortable here, anon.
>Let's change seating position, then.

Just do not interpret things negatively. You don't want to spiral down into thinking you have real physical or health problems. The dialogue should be about listening and finding easy solutions.
>>
I'm anxious over dumb shit. I have to mentally prepare myself just to check my school email because I think I'll see something bad. I also have to do the same just to make a phone call or go get my haircut.
>>
>>18179410
Depending on the level, either practice aka. socialize as much as you can, get a job where you're forced to do it, etc, etc, etc.
If you're 100% certain that it's too much for you too handle, therapy it is.

One thing to keep in mind is that you don't matter for other people, no matter how bad that last fuck up was, nobody but you still remembers it. You're just a background character in their own movie.
>>
Here's a tip for other people who have panic attacks:

If it happens when you're at home, try taking a shower. I find that something about the hot water is surprisingly effective at relaxing me and getting rid of those weird, unreal feelings.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.