[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm posting this here because I just want someone to talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (195KB, 634x860px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 634x860px
I'm posting this here because I just want someone to talk to.

I'm not suicidal or anything, but I'm feeling very alone and I have no one to talk to.

I dunno I just want someone to listen and let me unload my shit and help me out.

Anyone out there?
>>
We're all alone here
The magic window in front of us connects us to the overmind
>>
>>18178253
Woah dude
>>
>>18178250

I'm here bro lets talk
>>
>>18178260
awesome thanks man
First I'll preface this by telling you a little about myself. I'm a 19 year old student at a small liberal arts college. That's basically all you need to know.

I don't usually feel as down as I am now, but I had a couple beers earlier and that kinda exacerbated my loneliness.
Earlier tonight I was at a little get together at someone's apartment for an open mic of sorts and I performed a song and overall it went ok. But then after it ended people started mingling and I knew people there so I could've mingled, but I just left. In retrospect I should've stayed, but I was feeling anxious and anti-social.

I didn't use to be like this. In high school I had a pretty solid friend group and I was able to talk to people without feeling awkward. But since I got to college, it's been hard for me to form meaningful connections. My first semester I made a few friends, but they weren't very deep friendships and they've mostly all faded away by now

It sucks being a loner, but I have been trying to take advantage of it. I spend a lot of time in alone in practice rooms. I've written probably over 40 songs this semester. I'm trying to hone my craft for multiple reasons. Firstly, it just brings me a lot of joy to write and record a song and to listen to it after I've finished. Secondly, I hope that it'll make me more attractive to women. I'm not good at socializing, so I hope my songs will draw women to me. Finally, I want to be able to someday make a living off my songs.
My idol is Bob Dylan. When I listen to his music, it makes me feel less alone. I feel the things he puts into his songs. I feel like I've been through what he's been through. My ultimate goal is to be like him.

(to be continued)
>>
>>18178260
they're fucking up they're boyfriend basically
>>
>>18178260
>>18178296

Another factor in my loneliness is that last semester I broke up with my girlfriend. We dated for only about a year, but I felt so incredibly close to her. We practically lived together over the summer, and I could communicate to her like nobody else. Even though we were broken up, we got back together over thanksgiving and winter break and we were able to reignite that spark. But now it’s been months since I’ve last talked to her. I noticed recently that she untagged herself in all her photos with me on Facebook, which I understand is something you do when you break up with someone, but it rubbed me the wrong way.
Most of the time I’m over her, but when I feel down I get so close to calling her up. I know I shouldn’t, but it’s so tempting.

There are girls at college that I’m really into, but like I said it’s just so hard to make connections these days. Last semester I hooked up with a few girls, but this semester I haven’t even kissed anyone.

I was in a play, which was a great way to meet people, but I got kicked out of it. I didn’t like the process and in my opinion the director was not skilled, so he removed me from the play because I missed a couple rehearsals and because I was on my phone a couple times in rehearsal.
There was a girl I was very into in the play, but since I got kicked out I haven’t seen her around at all. I could just hit her up on fb, but I’m way too scared. She shares a lot of the same interests with me and she’s gorgeous and funny, but I dunno. I’m just too awkward.

Anyways I think that just about covers it. There’s more I could go into, but this is already a long post.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
>>
unnecessary bump
>>
Anyone out there?
>>
Bump again I
>>
>>18178299
I've never been on /adv/ until today, but it's kind of depressing how slow it is.
Anyway, it's hard to embrace loneliness, I imagine it might be some sort of inspiration if since you're musically inclined. Basically, you can do 2 things: force yourself out of your comfort zone and meet/talk to new people/women and increase your social wellbeing. Or you can embrace loneliness, harness it, and increase your personal/philosophical wellbeing. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, option one is what you would want first, but honestly I have found it easier to try to understand myself before I look at anything else.
>>
>>18178439
Side note, take some philosophy or psychology classes if you can. I think everyone should in their life.
>>
>>18178442
Ya I'm definitely gonna check out a psych or phil course probably next semester
>>
Hi friend, want to add me on Discord?
>>
>>18178515
Sure. How do I add you?
>>
>>18178250
I am really alone too. We can talk on Telegram if you want, and share our loneliness.
>>
>>18178519
What's your name with the # after it? I'll send you a friend request.

example: anon#2049
>>
I can feel alone in a group of friends, so yeah
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.