[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My little brother recently got out of prison after being convicted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0822.jpg (49KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0822.jpg
49KB, 615x409px
My little brother recently got out of prison after being convicted of armed robbery. I refused to talk to him, shake hands, or hug him and referred to him as "the convict".

Now my family is calling me a judgemental asshole. He got into the whole christfag thing while locked up and says all sorts of dumb shit about repentance/salvation.

I told them bluntly that violent fucks are born with the genetic impulse to kill, rape, and steal. This made everyone blow up at me.

Should I stand my ground?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>18178206
>I told them bluntly that violent fucks are born with the genetic impulse to kill, rape, and steal.
Wouldn't this imply that everyone within a few generations of your family including yourself is a murderer, rapist or thief?
>>
>>18178206

>I told them bluntly that violent fucks are born with the genetic impulse to kill, rape, and steal. This made everyone blow up at me.

stop browsing /pol/
>>
>armed robbery
Not sure why you're in contact with any of your family if they're standing by him

Also you share genes with him, you know.
>>
>>18178215
He is the ONLY member of our family to pull shit like this. I remember when he started associating with trash as a teenager while the rest of us studied, played sports, learned instruments, volunteered, and generally bettered ourselves. We're not poor or even really Middle-middle class by any means. He choose what he did.
>>18178216
They're not wrong, I think their obsession with "racial purity" is retarded though. Certain people shouldn't be allowed to breed.
>>
Yeh bro chill
>>
File: 1476140921249.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1476140921249.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
So edgy lol
>>
File: 1481763044190.gif (981KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1481763044190.gif
981KB, 500x282px
>>18178206

>My little brother recently got out of prison after being convicted of armed robbery. I refused to talk to him, shake hands, or hug him and referred to him as "the convict".

All you had to do was just be civil for the sake of the family and not go out of your way to be a complete asshole and you chose the latter. No one is forcing you to get along with him or have a great relationship, all you have to do is just not be a gigantic cunt every time you see him. Referring to your little brother as "the convict" instead of his name is the ultimate cunt move. You're acting like a giant cunt.

From the sound of it, I'd rather hang out with your little brother than you.

>I told them bluntly that violent fucks are born with the genetic impulse to kill, rape, and steal

That's /pol/ garbage. Cut that shit out.

>Should I stand my ground?

Sure, if you don't mind not having a family.
>>
>>18178222

>Not sure why you're in contact with any of your family if they're standing by him

I don't understand. He committed a crime, he got caught and he served his sentence. By "stand by him" you mean not completely abandoning him after he served his sentence for committing a crime? I don't understand what is so reprehensible about giving a family member who expresses genuine remorse about committing a crime the benefit of the doubt?

>>18178243

>They're not wrong

They are the definition of wrong, fuckface. Scientifically false in every way.
>>
>>18178295
>>18178297
Hold on

You're trying to tell me that behavior isn't the result of biochemical processes?

Get real
>>
People change.
>>
I understand your reasons, but you need to forgive him. I'd still watch him if I were you though. If he does something that makes it obvious that he hasn't changed, then ignore his ass. But if he has indeed changed, then you lose nothing by forgiving him and you actually gain your brother back.
>>
You sound like a cunt with repressed emotional baggage. Get therapy.
>>
You are doing him a favor by making it clear to him how the world sees him. You don't need to associate with him at all. It would be better if you don't. Better for you. In a decade, if he really has changed, then maybe see him occasionally once or twice a year, if the relationship naturally emerges. Don't think about it. Live your own life.
>>
OP I was the same way with my older brother after he pulled the same shit. In prison, and even afterwards he always tried writing to me, or calling me. My family would go see him and they supported him because he had a very promising future, just fucked around with the wrong people and blew it. Lo and behold, a few months after he gets out of jail, he unexpectedly died from an aneurysm. I cant put into words the fucking guilt I felt at his funeral late last year. I wish I could go back and just fucking say something, anything to him. But I didnt, and now I have to live with the fact I was a dick to him in his final days. Dont be like me
>>
Who are you, Light Yagami? Get over it and yourself.

>>18178332
Agree with this though, he might go back. Ex-cons who are also born agains are more suspicious than just regular ex cons imo.
>>
>>18178206
Was this a legit, planned armed robbery or some meth head brother sliding a note to a cashier and getting sent up the river by an overzealous prosecutor?
>>
>>18178206
People do stupid shit for stupid reasons, give him another chance.
>>
>>18178206
My older brother is going away for drug dealing

The family hasn't cast him out.

They cast me out because I had a problem with the way he treated everyone. But they forgive him a few hours after he just smashes a window or punches my mother.

Don't say anything about him just remove yourself from those conversations/situations
>>
>>18178206
What comes across most strongly in your post is your extreme and irrational rage, as if his whole life was a personal attack on you.

A case can be made for cutting him off, just as a case can be made for reconciliation. But one would hope that it would be more reasoned and self-controlled in either case.
>>
>>18178206
I don't quite understand your hatred for your brother. It's very unusual.
>>
>>18178206
Fuck yeah man you're not wrong. As soon as he gets comfortable being out of the cage his instincts will kick in.
>>
>>18178206
You phrased it like a sperg but yeah I wouldn't want to be near a convict regardless of eho it was.
>>
File: 132234637343.png (595KB, 812x906px) Image search: [Google]
132234637343.png
595KB, 812x906px
>>18178243
>/pol/ isn't wrong

you on the drugs, son?
>>
U sound fucking jealous that everyone loves him despite his mistakes. They love u less cuz ur a dick.
>>
>>18178206
>Should I stand my ground?
Yes. What you did was 100% justified and you were right.

That's what you came here to hear right? Look people make mistakes and some of those mistakes are forgivable. We are not perfect. Your family is always going to be there for you, for the most part, no matter what. If you're this much of an insufferable cunt then I doubt you'll ever start your own family and all you're doing now is simply burning bridges with your real, and only, family.
>>
>>18178206
Redemption is something that most people in our society would like to believe in.
If you're a human being that's made a mistake before, then you should be able to sympathize, or at least understand it.

You're not wrong for judging him, people with violent tendencies will continue to follow their nature as all animals do.
But if you only believe in that, then it's a pretty bitter way of viewing others and ultimately yourself.
>>
>>18178206
He's your brother, he made a mistake.

Forgive him. You'll regret it when he's gone and never talks to you again. He did his time, now give him yours. He's clearly repented for his sins. He's changed.

Believe it or not, prison works for some people. Give him a chance.
>>
>>18178380
bullshit
>>
>wee wee be a cuck OP and be nice to your family who lets in a a convicted felon in your vicinity
-this thread

real world reporting in, get out of there faggot and never contact any of them ever again

mercy is a weakness, they're all doomed
>>
>>18178206
>I told them bluntly that violent fucks are born with the genetic impulse to kill, rape, and steal.
You don't know this for sure, just an assumption. give him a chance...
>>
>>18178206
Fuck you man. Maybe fuck him but if you don't have anything decent to say then shut the fuck up about it. There's plenty of other people to say negative shit that'll just push the asshole back down the drain of society. Let him believe his christ BS whatever floats the boat of not being a criminal. Your family is right in the respect that what you're saying to him will have no positive outcome
>>
>>18179807
Actually did your brother blow up too?!?

If he didn't blow up GIVE HIM A CHANCE definitely he's changed.
>>
Well it was robbery

That's a crime you can pay back to the victim, so that's a crime you can forgive
>>
>>18179808
>only have opinions if they reaffirm people's bullshit behavior

Not even siding with OP, but "don't say anything nice" is the most cancerous mantra ever, and has probably led to more years wasted in resentment than anything else in this world.
>>
>>18178206
You're being a raging cunt about this. You don't have to like him or get along with him, but not even saying his name and bitching about it to your family is doing nothing but making you seem like a petty little bitch boy. You are a judgemental asshole, and you don't understand how genetics works if you think it's because of that.
>>18178297
>Scientifically false in every way.
They are right about many, many things, and they are also wrong about many, many things. You have to sort what is and what isn't real by actually looking into it yourself.
>>18178310
In part, yes, but mostly no. You said he was influenced by a bad crowd, that has something to do with it too. Also a lack of reprimand from both your parents and society at large. You can't pin it all down on one thing.
>>
>>18179823
Then what do you suggest? Why should OP waste his time saying this shit? I'm not suggesting a mantra?
>>
Dude already went to prison. He served his time. Stop being a cunt.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.