[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>US >Dream of getting a P.H.D. in physics since little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1464410803650.png (1KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1464410803650.png
1KB, 128x128px
>US
>Dream of getting a P.H.D. in physics since little kid
>Poor family
>3.6 gpa in highschool
>3.7 gpa with honors classes in college
>associate in science (fell for the STEM meme)
>graduate college with computer related degree hoping to find work and pay to continue education
>Everything requires minimum bachelors for entry level
>Some want masters for entry level
>Can't afford a bachelors, government won't pay for it, parents won't pay for it, can't find a job that will pay for it
>Currently applying to Publix and Walmart for "Stock Associate"
>Going to spend the rest of my life stocking shelves.

Anyone have any advice?
I'm thinking about joining the military but if I go that route I would be just starting my bachelors when i'm 30.
>>
>>18178182
Are you sure you can't get loans for college somewhere?

Failing that, can you actually code? If you make contributions on GitHub and stuff some recruiter will find you.
>>
>>18178211
>Are you sure you can't get loans for college somewhere?
Yep.

>Failing that, can you actually code?
Yep. C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Bash.

>If you make contributions on GitHub and stuff some recruiter will find you.
They haven't. Iv built 3 apps and a C# software library.
Included it on my resume.
Never get calls back.
>>
>>18178221
You might want to try this:
https://triplebyte.com/

If you are thinking about the military you can serve in the reserves and get financial help with your degree. Probably difficult to do that and work full time, but if your parents let you live at home and cover food it would be doable.
>>
>>18178182
get your class A cdl, 50k first year mang. shits easy as fuck. and u can fuck hookers at truck stops
>>
File: 1489778174711.gif (21KB, 204x427px) Image search: [Google]
1489778174711.gif
21KB, 204x427px
>>18178286
>class A cdl
Thank you but I lost enough gains in college. I could not sit for hours on end without standing.

>u can fuck hookers at truck stops
I can do that already.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.