[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I figure out what my goal in life is? There's nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1489889349317.png (221KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489889349317.png
221KB, 480x480px
How do I figure out what my goal in life is? There's nothing that really drives me and the only reason I get out of bed is an obligation to pay rent. I can't muster up any motivation to improve myself or strive for anything better because I don't have an endgame and I don't know what exactly I'd be working towards
>>
>>18178061
Was in the same boat
Still am, for the most part

You never know
Some people do, apparently, but I've never experienced

I'm in my late 20s and I'm trying to join the military so I can get some fucking measured increase in accomplishments

Some people just feel shit
>>
Let me know when you find out, OP. I'm in the same boat.

My therapist claims she's trying to help me find my passion, but I've made no progress so far.
>>
>>18178073
Yeah fuck her
I went to one in my late teens
Helped for some bit but didn't help over all

Look, just find something you can tolerate
And do that

Dreams are for faggots.
Find a career you can tolerate
Once you have money and steady replenishment of that money, then go find what you want to do all the time
>>
What is the absolute most enjoyable thing you like spending your time doing?

Do that to the best of your ability as much as you possibly can.
You could die soon and not doing what you love because you feel the need to be on a life goal is stupid.

Make your own goa and stop pretending theres a better option. You know what you like better than anyone. Go fucking do it.
>>
>>18178078
I loved working out but I herniated a disc ever since then I've just been numb. Literally I just find no enjoyment in life anymore.
>>
>>18178084
/fit/fag here
How'd you take that trip to Snap City?
>>
>>18178084
You have depression dude. Depression isn't always feeling sad, it's apathy, numbness, emptiness, ennui, "whatever".

People don't feel empty inside just because they don't know where they're going. Kids are happy and excitable even though their dreams change every day or so. Even confident adults know that their vision of themselves 10 years later may not align with what they have in mind.

You need to find something that makes you smile, if not, therapy.
>>
File: 1490678419577.jpg (1021KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490678419577.jpg
1021KB, 1920x1200px
>>18178093
I was just working on our home to roof our new garage fell on my back. It's been since November and while the pain isn't as bad (numbness is very rare) anything from carrying milk to picking up a 10lbs box makes my back hurt for days. I've been in and out or physical therapy. I do my stretches everyday, I tried hard to gain muscle in the hopes of having a stronger body and happier life. I just wish I could talk to someone abut it. I feel like my life is over the curtain is closed and I see my friends move on to better things while I'm rotting away. I've drank one time and it made me happy because I could finally enjoy life watching TV. Other than that I just feel bored angered and extremely jealous at my friends being further than me in life. Sorry for posting so much I usually lurk and I've been thinking about killing myself for months now I just want someone to talk to me. Thqnnk you for responding it meant alot.
>>
>>18178078
I don't enjoy anything.
>>
>>18178096
I know the only thing that takes the pain away is anime, as stupid as it sounds. I want to get into fitness badly but I can't even do a simple bench with pit pain any more I'm beginning to wonder if I'll just be some disabled leech. My own mother has to help me with the groceries and it's embarrassing because she's almost 60 years old. I just want to be happy but all I feel is nothing anymore.
>>
>>18178114
Look it's not your fault dude. No one chooses to be depressed and it can hit anyone, be it strong or weak. Don't get into a cycle of hating yourself. Don't say "as stupid as it sounds". You don't sound stupid. You like anime, so? You can be cool and like anime. You may need a fuckton of work to actually have a self-esteem and think of yourself as cool. But at least do your best not to feed the image of yourself as useless.

You have something you enjoy and you desire fitness "badly". At least you have some emotion. Then pursue those with everything you've got, look your life has a little more meaning now. If you have some sort of injury then work with lower weights or google for information on how to train further without injuring yourself. It's out there and don't think your situation is unique to yourself alone. You need to do some kind of intervention on yourself and break this cycle of being "dead".
>>
>>18178132
I appreciate I don't have many friends due to when I hurt myself I stopped associating with them. It hurts too much to see them enjoying it. I know I need to do something but I recently was let go due to no longer being able to work my job anymore. It's been a hard year. I don't like to post on here because I feel like I am bothering people with my problems. My doctor said my back shoule have held by now. I've considered going to arleast swim maybe to fix it but it just seems like it'll never heal. I wish I knew what to do.
>>
>>18178061
>How do I figure out what my goal in life is? There's nothing that really drives me and the only reason I get out of bed is an obligation to pay rent.

I was thinking this the other day.

some peop;le areemployed for the only reason that they turn on an internaql combustion engine on and propel it along a road for 40 mintues twice a day

I think the economy masks that the only reason they are paid is to burn oil in a petrol engine
>>
>>18178061
>ave an endgame and I don't know what exactly I'd be working towards

c'mon person, what's a good thing that you like?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.